Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i m sorry for that vote and glad to know you don t turn bitter about it. i guess turning my vote didn t really affect a thing - so it was rather symbolic. however - i do expect equal treatment for all non full zoner factions, or i feel the council might loose some of its credibility. however, i will probably vote the same for the other factions.

on a sidenote, its Jinx, and not sister Jinx. i am no ones sister but Clovers.
Aurelia once again stands

I do believe this council plans on treating all Zoners fairly and equally. But we cannot be sure of an individual, or group of individuals, being in some way affiliated to us, without proof, by flying with our IFFs and our ship IDs. If we were to allow anyone to vote with nothing but our IFF beacons, we would have countless mercenaries and traders sitting in on these councils trying to pass motions, or alter votes that gain their side the greatest favor and freedom of movement. What if a group of mercenaries using our IFFs made a motion for us to go hostile with the Rheinland government? What if those mercenaries outnumbered all of us Zoners that care more about our organization, than about small groups that are unhappy with the government of a house, and the vote passed? The council would be forced to declare the Rheinlanders hostile with us. It would splinter the council into pieces. All those who do not wish for hostility will leave, those that do will stay. Even if those who left try to make a new 'True' Zoner council, they would still run into this problem because of people wanting all Zoners, even those without our ship IDs, to have a fair vote.

We simply need to make sure that any who are given the opportunity to put their vote in on the matters discussed here, are doing it because they are protective of the Zoners, not to gain their particular group more power, or control what the Zoners do.

We will treat all Zoners fairly in regards to membership and to speak their thoughts, their opinions, but we simply cannot be truly fair to all when it comes to the matter of voting.
Quote:Aurelia once again stands

I do believe this council plans on treating all Zoners fairly and equally. But we cannot be sure of an individual, or group of individuals, being in some way affiliated to us, without proof, by flying with our IFFs and our ship IDs. If we were to allow anyone to vote with nothing but our IFF beacons, we would have countless mercenaries and traders sitting in on these councils trying to pass motions, or alter votes that gain their side the greatest favor and freedom of movement. What if a group of mercenaries using our IFFs made a motion for us to go hostile with the Rheinland government? What if those mercenaries outnumbered all of us Zoners that care more about our organization, than about small groups that are unhappy with the government of a house, and the vote passed? The council would be forced to declare the Rheinlanders hostile with us. It would splinter the council into pieces. All those who do not wish for hostility will leave, those that do will stay. Even if those who left try to make a new 'True' Zoner council, they would still run into this problem because of people wanting all Zoners, even those without our ship IDs, to have a fair vote.

We simply need to make sure that any who are given the opportunity to put their vote in on the matters discussed here, are doing it because they are protective of the Zoners, not to gain their particular group more power, or control what the Zoners do.

We will treat all Zoners fairly in regards to membership and to speak their thoughts, their opinions, but we simply cannot be truly fair to all when it comes to the matter of voting.
You are absolutely right my friend. No question about it. Only let the "Zoner" tagged to Vote. AW tagged are not the same as "Zoner Tagged". If they were they would not have a AW ID. What if the factions that show hostility towards AW start taking the same stance towards all Zoner Council members. Is the Council ready for it ?
We are an exception. An exception that anyone could be if the council votes it so. We had to change our ID due to a group of people complaining. However, the factions we are hostile with are of two groups. Those that know better than to treat AW's actions as those of the Zoners, and ones who have already violated Theta's peace by attacking the traders that are bringing the Zoners their commodities, or shooting the Zoners themselves.

We are not merely mercenaries like many others who are trying to call themselves associated with the Zoners.
Greetings my fellow Zoner brethren. I apologize for my lack of attentiveness, the crew of my transport were having severe difficulties with the mechanical equipment and I did not have the attention to dedicate to the council. My apologies.

Due to re-exploring the records of this event, I must change my vote from Abstain to Nay. I do not feel that non-Card carrying zoners should be allowed to participate in the council as voting members.

My feelings on this matter is, if you want to vote, represent your organization fully not only with the proper identification, but with the diplomacy.

My comments made here have nothing to do with any faction in particular.

I do feel that to appease the delegate of the Jupiter Guild, a second vote should be made as to whether or not an exception should be made for them in particular, though I already know my vote on that matter as well.

*Octavius takes his seat hastily*
"This has been a very long and exhausting session. While I understand that there is still some contention between Brother Pip and Sister Aurelia, I feel it wise that we adjourn for a period, to "cool off", shall we say.

"Pip, no one is asking for your Guild's departure from the Council. Your voices can still be heard here. I urge you to think about your decision, and inform Brother Isaac if you still wish to be removed from the Zoner Registry.

"Brother Isaac, I thank you for your calm and reasoned Chairmanship. I would endorse you to remain as Chairman if you so wish; but I know that many of us have other obligations and duties. If you wished to step down and call for the nomination of another Chairman, I would understand.

"I will assist our Scribe, Discordia, in revising the Council's Member List into "voting" and non-voting categories, and suggest that we leave the Jupiter Guild in the non-voting category until they have verified personally with you that they indeed wish to withdraw.

"I hereby move that we adjourn until such time as a Member brings another issue to the attention of the Council. Perhaps a few days at our homes and businesses will clear our heads and allow us to discuss issues with a fresh outlook. I regard no one here the less for presenting their viewpoints, and look forward to working together again."

((Edit: Apologies, D.O. We seem to have posted at the same time. Are you up for a break, then? Mal.))
I vote yay. Sorry if i took a little too long. I had to "Fly 5000k home from west point"
Looks in Malclypses direction.

"A break... That would actually be rather refreshing. The stress of my personal situation has been cumbersome. I would appreciate the time the break would grant me to step away from business and into some more pleasureful areas."

With that Octavius leaves the chambers and heads to an unknown love den somewhere in the area.
"Excellent! It seems we are reaching something that is begining to resemble a conclusion. Of course..." Sebastian flips through some notes, "We still have to settle other issues. Apart from the AW issue that was brought up by the JG delegate, theres the issue of whether or not time limits should be applied for taking votes and an issue that I would like to bring up about how to approach this discontent corsair problem involving biodomes."

Sebastian sits back down. "Tourism to Freeport 5 is terrible. No one wants to go there except diamond prospectors and a handful of scientists. Just too much activity between hostile parties in that area. I have some suggestions to make on the matter, but let us handle one thing at a time. I can wait."

"I agree that a break is in order. I have found this process to be tedious, even though, I admit, I have slept through most of it."
Alright ladies and gents,

Off your duffs.

I hereby request and move for a reconvening of the Council of Zoners, for the purpose of discussing and voting on the following rather lengthy but necessary Agenda:

Agenda:

1) A reconfirmation of or reelection for Chairperson;

2) A formal definition of the term "Zoner";

3) Should an exception be allowed to give Jupiter Guild full voting rights;

4) Should the Zoners actively engage the suspected nomad-infected group known as the OZN;

5) Should the Asgard Warriors' "Protection Contract" be reviewed and/or revised and/or extended and/or cancelled.

Sorry about the Five Agenda Items. Eris made me do it. (Sacred Discordian Law, you know...)

Do I hear a second for Convening?

Mal for the TAZ