Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transmission to: Zoner Council
Comm ID: Grand Admiral McIntosh

That is incorrect, that Orcus that engaged my forces was an IMG class Gunboat. I suspect that several ships may exist of the same or similar names, but I don't really care. I care about why a Gunboat felt the need to attach a fighter unprovoked, especially on of my fighters.

Transmission Ended
Transmission to: Zoner Counsil
Comm ID: Jupiterguild Counsil member Dalilama, Gran Canaria

I will take the position of shimmer till he returns from his Holiday on tokyo.

The Orcus incident, I've done some research and found this filed report from the gunboat, posted yesterday:

Quote:Was doing a trading run and docked into GC and noticed HF-Atheus and RAHF-Ariel.Stirrov in O50. Decided to have a look. Took [\JG/]-Orcus (GB) to see what was happenning. Ariel ended up killing Atheus with a wasp - I assume Atheus killed himself with missiles. I was standing off at 8km - enough to see their relative ship strengths. There were only 2 SCRA on at the time - one only in O50. Had not been into O52 in any ship since they were there.

Ariel decided to engage me in an eagle. Wasn't worrying me too much as 1 eagle wasn't hurting the GB. Shortly after that three collegues turned up and I decided to run. I made it to within 500m of the docking ring at GC from O50 before being destroyed.

Screen dumps:

Chase in O49
http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/maxplyr...df406f.jpg

Conversation after destruction
http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/maxplyr...48a4d2.jpg

So I would like to have an explanation myself.

It is true that several ships work under the same orcus callsign. This was an error in the Jupiterguild administration system and will soon be taken care off. Any and all tradevessels are either tagged afther the callsign with a [T] for supply run duties or an (IC) for lease out to Interspace commerce.

Whilst I am on the comms with the counsil anyway I would also like to issue an official request to host and sponsor this years port of Gran Canaria Harvest festival and Dung Sculpture Competition. Next to the regular event we will also host some space side events.

Ofcourse Mal and Reggie will be asked to judge the dung sculptures

On behalf of the JG counsil
Dalilama
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient: Dalilama, Council

You must think us rather foolish to believe a lone Eagle fighter would attack a gunboat. The SCRA may not mind fighting, but they don't look for it when there is little chance of winning.

And may I inquire why a Jupiter Guild vessel thought his presence was requred in a fight that had nothing to do with him? His arriving on the scene of a battle could be viewed as a hostile act by someone. Your ships need to stay in Omega-49 where they belong, not go running off to watch fights that have nothing to do with them. Omega-50 may be near Gran Canaria, but it is not Zoner space. It is an empty system bordering the SCRA's home system, and for that we have no reason to be there unless asked to by the SCRA.

We have had several reports of Jupiter Guild actions towards others that can easily be classified as hostile. And yet another when one of your pilots, piloting a Bretonian Bomber with Corsair Coladas equipped, flew into New London and bad-mouthed the Armed Forces and a Molly in the system. Now I am told this bomber changed to a Taiiden bomber. That is good, but it still has numerous Corsair Coladas equipped.. I don't see why we need Corsair weaponry when we have our own, access to several types of restricted Codename weaponry, and Civilian Debilitators.

The past and current actions of the Guild have shown them to be decidedly untrustworthy in my eyes, so I am loathe to believe anything you say without evidence. And the 'evidence' provided by your Gunboat captain shows nothing other than the Hellfire and SCRA pilot in a battle. I guess its my fault for not wading through two-dozen photos, but it is your pilots responsibility to send the correct evidence to support his claims. Until then, I see no reason to believe in the Guild's innocence.

Aurelia Silvan
to: the council

*** highest security encryption *** ONLY for registered zoner

"today, i have picked up a long range conversation from .... lets say - a messenger, located in omicron-alpha. he must have put quite some work into establishing a connection to the guardship without even knowing where exactly the persephone is located anyway.

here is the file containing most of the conversation. - there might be some gaps - due to the interference with the nebula.

[Image: conversationnomads.jpg]
what we see here is an attempt to install a truce. - or at least a phantom attempt. - we must keep in mind that the nomads were the first ones that attacked and nearly destroyed freeport 11. - still the civilian population has not returned to FP11, but only a maintenace crew - along with the most necessary security teams populate the station. - most of the security is left in the hands of the BHG, that uses the station as their main base still.

communication with the group called the "keepers" turned out to be perilous and mostly fruitless when it came to cease fire terms upon the station and were soon abandoned due to our own safety.

we must also keep in mind that we must consider such an attempt with the utmost caution. - the nomads greatest weapon in the nomad war was not their biotechnology and their weapons. - their strongest weapon was treachery and deception.

what we see here might well be an attempt to deceive us and turn us against our natural allies and protectors in these dangerous parts. the BHG is mentioned and the order. - and as we can see .... the "messenger" wishes us to not only abandon assistance of those factions when it comes to hunting the nomads down, but also activly denying them help - even our allies, the order.

but nevertheless, it IS an outstretched hand. with appropriate suspicion and mistrust, it might be a basis for at least communications. - at the same time, we must also take into account that the balance of power is disturbed. - the communication arrived not from iota or another remote system, but from omicron-alpha, the very heart of the outcasts. - such a fact can very easily strengthen rumors and semi-facts. - and it is doubtful if we can even still deal with the outcasts if they are so close to the very race that attempted to exterminate humanity by mind control and military force.

E.Tate out."

//ooc dammit, the image turned out to be really small - but you all have young and strong eyes.... if you need it larger.... use the windows help function to magnify it.
[Incoming Transmission]
[ID: Salazar Kierae]

The Leviathan is currently protecting Freeport 6, with the ability to protect freeport 10 if the need arises.

Salazar signing out.

[Transmission ends]
' Wrote:[Incoming Transmission]
[ID: Salazar Kierae]
freeport 100
[Transmission ends]

Comm ID: 94RH3F39FH34F934HF
To: Council of Zoners
ID Trace: California.

Displaying...

I know that we Zoners are extremely rich, however I do not remember this milestone of having assembled 100 Freeports ever being celebrated. Please provide me of the date of the celebration if it did happen.

-Sebastien Coen, current Head of HX operations.

Transmission End.
Elizabeth Tate, you accused Sindroms yourself of open collaboration with the Nomads not so long ago in this very council chamber...

We were not discussing a "messenger" back then. Instead it was a deadly serious threat that almost made certain members of the council break their neutrality to declare open war.

Yet you come forward today calling Sindroms a "messenger" for these creatures. We now have evidence proving this mercenary's alligence to the Nomads. Have the other members of this council suddenly changed their minds and no longer consider the nomads a threat?

According to your evidence the Nomads mistake the actions of the Bounty Hunters and Order for Zoners instead. To them, that we house and work with those factions is likely tantamount to being one and the same group. I could care less to be honest as I always took the creatures to be too simple minded to understand human politics, rightly it seems.

Any attempt at peace with the nomads will fail.

1) We do not control the actions of bounty hunter or order forces. If they continue to assault the nomads, which they will, the nomads will attack in retribution.

2) There can be no peace with creatures that exist to infect and destroy all sentient life. The nomads are soliders built with the purpose of subjugating other races and destroying them. There is no nomad art or literature that I have ever heard of or seen. These creatures do not trade or value currency of any form. There are only war ships and warriors. Which is all the nomads will ever be.

---

Let me make my position as delegate of the Trader's Guild very clear:

There will never be peace with the nomads. I refuse to give into their demands, or the demands of any human under their insidious mind control. As far as I am concerned, Sindroms is a puppet, speaking on behalf of masters that lack mouths to communicate.
Dali Lama, I would like to return to the issue with your group and the SCRA if I may.

Some time ago, we were assailed with news of a "new" Jupiter Guild, which would espouse the Zoner way. Recent reports make one wonder if the news was premature.

Could I ask the esteemed Jupiter delegate how their new agenda is proceeding? I am getting reports from my Tsars that JG ships are still having transponder issues. Do I need to shake up our electronics maintenance boys down at Port Canaria?

And perhaps the Council could know more about your Guild's orders and position regarding the SCRA?

I would be more apt to vote for your hosting of the Harvest Festival, sir, if I knew the Jupiter Guild was investigating and rectifying this recent incident with the Coalition.

The Coalition do indeed have a barracks in Port Canaria, and they do have excellent vodka. In fact, a number of them attended the Festival last year, with no incidents.

The fact that they headquarter on a Zoner station, the Cape Fear, should indicate to you that they are not the enemies of bonafide Zoners. Dali, you and Mac need to get together over borscht, and put a period to all this.
to: council, [tg]

"indeed, i accused him for allying with the aliens, and - as you can see... it turned out to be true. not a rumor anymore, but solid fact, the nomads either use him as a spokesperson, as they fail communication with us and they probably use him as a tool for warfare, too. - however, being "used as a tool" does not mean he is free of guilt - so, for me, he still poses a threat equal to that of the nomads themselves and is to be considered hostile.

however, as with all message that concern and address the entirety of zoners, i must present it in the most unbiased fashion. - i would have easily prepared my opinion about all that before presenting the authentic conversation log so you d look upon it from my eyes - but instead, i present it so you can make up your own - and whatever your feeling might be.... it is genuine.

now that you read it - and also the concerns i added about it, i can present my opinion about that.

personally, i consider it a threat more than an outstretched hand of peace. - the "messenger" ( and as such we must consider him, as he sat safely within his outcast minions in alpha while establishing a communication with delta, thousands of lightyears away ) he is hardly a diplomat, but someone that spills a threat over com-channels instead of "meeting up like a real diplomat". what he wants is us to stop assisting the order, our allies - and stop offering support to the factions around us, the bounty guild and the corsairs.

not only does that pervert our purpose of freeports, but it would also turn those factions against us in the worst case, a threat greater than the aliens indeed. and all that is offered it "that we will be spared" - no safety was given about that matter though, no explanation about the near destruction of freeport 11, other than "it is war" - without commenting that.... no, it was not war back then, it was a cowardly ambush of nomad forces that ambushed a civilian station. - so to me, the nomads and their "spokespersons" are nothing but bandits, as low as it can be. they use violence as well as deception and politics to achieve what they want and MUST NOT BE TRUSTED.

we have seen enough of their cunningness in the nomad wars, in the ways they used the trust of others, how they exploited naive and ignorant people for their "greater good" which is nothing else but the complete and utter extinction of humankind.

when it is about me, - no truce, no peace will ever happen with the nomads. peace only comes when the last nomad and EVERY trace of them, along with any hint of their history and existance will be eradicated from not only the face of sirius but also from the whole quadrant that they inhabit along with their so called "masters".

so, my approach to a threat spoken as the one from this so called "messenger" is to tenfold our defense in delta. while he was spilling his threats over the coms, he also confirmed the jumphole location in sector 2d of delta. - and it would be a much more reasonable decision to block that jumpnhole with a strong presence of military forces and drive them back - eventually even destroying their spacefaring capabilities in the system they call their "home". - however that is not zoner business but order business. - so i will send the conversation log to the order as well and we might see what the order decides.

the nomads have shown no mercy and no attempt of peacefulness or compromise in the past. it is highly unlikely that they would do it now, unless they are weakened that much that they are about to collapse and fail.

but if i had given this opinion before i presented the logfile, you would not have considered it on your own, but based upon my opinion.

E.Tate out"
' Wrote:Dali Lama, I would like to return to the issue with your group and the SCRA if I may.

Some time ago, we were assailed with news of a "new" Jupiter Guild, which would espouse the Zoner way. Recent reports make one wonder if the news was premature.

Could I ask the esteemed Jupiter delegate how their new agenda is proceeding? I am getting reports from my Tsars that JG ships are still having transponder issues. Do I need to shake up our electronics maintenance boys down at Port Canaria?

And perhaps the Council could know more about your Guild's orders and position regarding the SCRA?

I would be more apt to vote for your hosting of the Harvest Festival, sir, if I knew the Jupiter Guild was investigating and rectifying this recent incident with the Coalition.

The Coalition do indeed have a barracks in Port Canaria, and they do have excellent vodka. In fact, a number of them attended the Festival last year, with no incidents.

The fact that they headquarter on a Zoner station, the Cape Fear, should indicate to you that they are not the enemies of bonafide Zoners. Dali, you and Mac need to get together over borscht, and put a period to all this.
Incoming message...
Comm ID: JG Dalilama, Planet Gran Canaria

You may Malaclypse,

An update on the Jupiterguild changes:

Our new ID's for all ships are zoner(with the exception of the IC wing but if they stay within the fleet is still a question). As far as we know all active ships have this ID.

In flight Faction display beacon(IFF) is blasting out ZONER or should be blasting out nothing at all. Reputation of all pilots is either Fully green or very heavily green zoners.

Our official stance towards the SCRA is NEUTRAL but we are weary of their vessels as soon as more pop up since there have been multiple attacks in the past. We want to live in peace with the Coalition without any attacks from either side. I would suggest a mutual agreement of Non attack and I would be very willing to sign one.

We can not start planning this years Harvest festival until the situation with the SCRA has been resolved I second you in that Mal.

On behalf of the JG counsil,

Dalilama