Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
' Wrote:There is a motion on the floor.

To paraphrase: Miss three votes in a row, and you're out the door.

Is there a second?

Comm ID: GJEUVN38V719BELHA
To: Zoner Council
ID Trace: BT4-A45, Planet Stuttgart, Stuttgart.

Displaying...

However, notification of being unable to vote is accepted, as long as a delayed vote is cast eventually?

Transmission End.
Hmm..

My understanding of the proposed Motion is that you won't be sent to the Principal.. you'll get an excused absence.

But, it wouldn't be fair to allow the casting of late ballots. It takes us forever to vote on an issue as it is.

Shiney? Delegate Silvan, correct me if I'm wrong?
' Wrote:There is a motion on the floor.

To paraphrase: Miss three votes in a row, and you're out the door.

Is there a second?

*Snort*

Yea yea yea, I will second that one that one.

Moved and seconded.

This Motion will now be known as "Three slacks and you're out" Motion, unless you have a note from the Chair for tardiness.

I will add that for the purposes of this Policy, if approved, the Chair will use this vote, the vote on voting, and the vote voting on the Agenda for the first "housecleaning".

So.. vote!!

Okey, okey: "Should Delegates be removed from the Council if they miss three consecutive votes, unless valid notification for not voting is given to the Chair?"

Now vote!
IP: 235.22.fprt15.tx
Sender: Yev Lightwing
To: Zoner Council and anyone who's listening

First of all, thank you for welcoming me into this lovely association. My name is Yev, a member of the Zoner Trading Consortium.

Although my profession involves ship and station designing at the Corinth Research Station, I have some knowledge in political atmospheres floating about in the Omicron/Omegas. From what I understand, while the Zoners have full right to impose no-taxing laws in O-74 and O-49, the mere implication of excersising these acts in Theta may propel our reputation with the Corsairs into unsavory waters.

As long as the Hispanian faction remains our next door neighboor in Theta, we have to be very careful in regards to how we approach our law making decisions. At the end of the day, the Corsair organizations require a method of raising funds to support their people and defense structures. We all know that taxing is their main source of income. To impose on their fundraising methods will impact their budget astronomically.

Unfortunately, we Zoners are one of the only traders near the Corsair bases. This is largely due to the fact that many pilots fly under a Zoner flag in an attempt to avoid taxation. Corsairs and other factions are well aware of this. I fear that by restricting Corsair taxing so close to their bases, we risk raising tentions with our neighbors.

Most Corsairs that I have come across have never taxed me, so perhaps I am biased in this regard. However, if heavy taxing persists through Zoner trading routes, I suggest negotiating a flat tax fee with respective Corsair factions. A flat tax fee will be both official, and therefore document bound, and assure our neighbors that we are capable of cooperating.

As for O-74 and O-49, I would go a step further and suggest a "no-tax/no-fire" zone. The system wide "no-fire" law should, of course, exempt non-Zoner pilots that are running away from attackers. This would assure foreign factions that our "no-fire" zones are not save havens for all mankind.

In regards to "removing non voting delegates," might I suggest making this law more elastic? Not all delegates are capable of checking the Sirius Network on a daily basis, and sometimes a large number of proposals are passed in a short timespan. I would add "missing 3 votes in a row in conjunction with being inactive for 15 days." This way if we pass 4 laws within a week, those Delegates that are for example, on vacation, do not get their voting rights removed.
' Wrote:Okey, okey: "Should Delegates be removed from the Council if they miss three consecutive votes, unless valid notification for not voting is given to the Chair?"

Comm ID: GJEUVN38V719BELHA
To: Zoner Council
ID Trace: BT4-A45, Planet Stuttgart, Stuttgart.

Displaying...

I will abstain from voting on this issue.

Also, greetings to the newest delegate, he appears to be the only one of us in the actual council chambers in Omicron 74.

Transmission End.
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: CoZ

On delegate Silvan's "Three Slacks and You're Out" motion, I agree. I vote "YEA" on that motion.

On the tax issue regarding Omega 49, I think we should keep it and O-74 tax free Zones. I know I initially said Omicron Theta but that would might cause unneccessary tensions with our Corsair neighbors. Besides, as long as I've flown through Theta, I've had little trouble so why create some?

All of Omega 49 being a NFZ? That would be a task indeed. Keep it at 5k. My feeling is by making Omega 49 a no tax zone, the IMG miners can work with less worry of harassment. I say let the Corsair patrols continue as for the most part, they've been little trouble IMO and again, why create tension with the Corsairs when we don't need to? DO however let them know that Omega 49 is a tax free zone and that these renegade independent Corsairs who repeatedly violate policy will be dealt with.

The NFZ also needs to be defined as in it is not a security zone for someone to hide in. One does there business and leaves. The excuses are getting old.
-"I'm transferring prisoners to a holding cell," Last I knew, FP security cells are minimum security cells basically to allow drunk Zoners a place to recover. We don't have cells for pilot prisoners.
-"I'm here for the security of my ship;" Well again, the NFZ isn't a secruity blanket nor should a Zoner security patrol have to be put in a spot where they have someone hiding for security and having their enemy demand something be done. If they won't leave then regardless of the NFZ, a Zoner patrol should be allowed to remove the ship if they refuse to leave.

I know the NFZ issues are a lot to be absorbed but they've been a long time coming and they're past due to be dealt with once and for all.

-Doc
Comm ID: Malcolm Reynolds

In the vote: "Should Delegates be removed from the Council if they miss three consecutive votes, unless valid notification for not voting is given to the Chair?"

I do share Yev's view that there may need to be an "AND inactive x days" clause added. However, at this time the point is to "weed" the registry of the inactive members; By in acting a 15 "grace period" now, that task can not be accomplished for at least 15 days. besides, with the notification clause already there, a "grace period" may not be needed.

so for now my Vote is YEA, without further amendment

in regards to the NFZ and O-49 issues, I'll give my thoughts after this vote has concluded.

Quote:Okey, okey: "Should Delegates be removed from the Council if they miss three consecutive votes, unless valid notification for not voting is given to the Chair?"

Besides the amendments I suggested, I vote "YAY."
to: the council

"not voting is a right and a privilege as well as voting is. - being allowed to vote is what is offered and i do not believe there should be punishment if that offer is not taken. - no one is hurt by a member of the council not voting as long as that member does not complain about the outcome of the vote.

so if you don t vote, you express your insignificant interest in that matter - which does not mean that the same lack of interest is applied to the next voting.

i say "no" - whoever does not vote has a right not to vote without any sanctions to follow.

E.Tate"