Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aurelia stands.

Pip, I do not believe that you are the chairmen here. The chairmen already gave his decision on what this vote would be on. And he has spoken that some special cases will be made when needed. Not even being a voting member, you are not in a position to argue this point with him until a proper motion has been made about it, which won't be happening until after this vote. This vote is on whether voting members must have both Zoner ID and Affiliation, except for some special cases. On the subject of JG, a motion determining whether you are to be one of those exceptions has not yet been made.

A decision will later be made deciding the JG's voting rights based on the results of a vote from those of us who have the right to vote. It is not whether you accept it or not. This is a democracy, not a dictatorship, and definitely not one you control. Now please resume your seat.
Isaac gives the Asgard delegate a nod. "Indeed, this vote will cover all non-ID'd Zoners, with the exception of the AW. Their's is a very special case and I believe that they at very least deserve their own discussion and vote... Which I expect will be next on the agenda."
Quote:Pip, I do not believe that you are the chairmen here.
Shouldnt the chairman be telling me that ? .
Quote:Indeed, this vote will cover all non-ID'd Zoners, with the exception of the AW
Why ?
"I would echo Brother Isaac's sentiments." said Malaclypse as he slowly rose.

"Consider who we are talking about here: We have the Jupiter Guild, who are apparently not interested in operation under the auspices of a Zoner ID; although current specifications would permit most of the Guild's current actions in Sirus.

"Further, we have Brother Tarlkor Mori, who may indeed eventually acquire the Zoner ID, and thus be eligible for full voting rights even if the vote should be in the negative, as it now appears to be headed.

Sister Jinx has at least one of her "Clan" under full Zoner status, so is entitled to a full vote.

"Brother Defiler, I believe you indicated at the time of registration that your ship is also "full Zoner". However, there seems to be some question as to what name that particular ship is registered under. Upon looking at your particulars (signature), I find only AW-registered ships listed. Could you clarify this for the Council, please? I would hate to see a visual inspection process put into place by the Council, as I consider most Zoners to be geniune in their statements.

"Brother Pip, I will allow that my decision to give the Asgard Warriors full voting rights at the initial call for registration does not sit well with some of you. I also admit that I made that "judgement call" without consulting other Zoners, including our own TAZ membership...

"However, keep in mind that the AW can still exercise only one vote on this Council; just as the TAZ, and if the vote changes, the Jupiter Guild will only have a single vote. I hardly see a single vote as justification for the present "hand-wringing".

"And finally, even if the Jupiter Guild is denied full voting status, you will still be able to bring issues before this Council if the majority agrees to hear them. Nothing is being "swept under the carpet" here. Your comments on issues will be heard, and placed in the record for consideration by the Council.

"Now, Brother Isaac, I suggest we give the rest of the voting members until midnight UT to weigh in on the present motion. Five more hours should be more than sufficient, don't you think?"

Aurelia nods in the direction of the TAZ delegate

Our brother Malaclypse is correct on his points here.

Furthermore this vote's outcome has already been decided, regardless of the last three member's votes. Even excluding Brother Defiler, pending the identity of his ship's allegiances, we have four 'Nay' votes, two Abstains, and only 3 votes left to be gathered, and those by Midnight. Nay gathers the majority on this matter. We have two, no excuse me, three different routes to follow now. We can either let this vote continue until midnight, in which we still arrive at the other two routes, or we move directly onto one of two subjects. The rights of JG to vote, and the status of AW as a voting member I believe are the two suggested future motions to be offered.
<edited> on second thought - yay.
' Wrote:on second thought - helloo, we do have a second thought? ... i believe that zoner affiliates have a full vote. but we shall treat the non full zoners equal. so JG gets a full vote just like AW will probably claim. - that is - untill we feel that one of the non full zoners is not really close to the zoners anymore. ( you ll get many of those second thoughts from me - did i mention that i have a rather twisted mind? )

Isaac taps his foot and drums his fingers with obvious impatience. "I'll say again, this vote isn't about the AW. In the event that the 'Nays' take it, then the Jupiter Guild, and any other non-ID'd Zoners, may request that the Council grant them special status and a right to vote, even without the proper ID. The Asgard Warrior's long history grants them the assumption of said special status, until and unless the Council decides to revoke it. The Jupiter Guild does not have a long history, nor does any other Zoner-affiliated faction."

"Vote Yay or Nay, without stipulations. If you wish to vote Yay, giving all affiliated by non-ID'd Zoners full voting rights, so be it. But in the future, for as long as I remain Chairperson (God, make it not long...), there will be no reneging once a vote is cast."
After a very long pause, no doubt engendered by her frustration with all things Primate, Mama Dis intoned,

*On the Motion to allow full member and voting rights to non-ID'd Zoners, with the exception of AW:*

AW: Sister Aurelia Abstains
TAZ: Nay

Sister Jinx: Vote changed form Abstains to Yay
Br Isaac:
Br Octavius: Abstains
Br Smiley: Nay
Br Leroy: Nay
Br Vehdhyan: Nay
Br Grayson:
Br Tommy:
Br Defiler: Nay

Malaclypse looked at his display. "Well, it appears that Sister Aurelia was correct. Even with the change by Sister Jinx, and barring any further changes, which I would strongly object to as well, it would appear that the "Nays" have it. What say you, Mr. Chairman?"
' Wrote:Malaclypse looked at his display. "Well, it appears that Sister Aurelia was correct. Even with the change by Sister Jinx, and barring any further changes, which I would strongly object to as well, it would appear that the "Nays" have it. What say you, Mr. Chairman?"

"I think we can safely say that the 'Nays' have it," Isaac says with a curt nod. "So, it's decided. With the exception of certain special cases, to be decided upon by the Council, only fully affiliated and ID'd Zoners get a vote. All others retain the right to bring issues before the Council, as long as they aren't being a bloody nuisance... OK! Lets move along then (finally)..."

"What's the next issue to be discussed by the Council? AW's membership? JG's lack of membership? Something else entirely?"
Alright Malaclypse 666,
I respect your decision...please don't bother voting anymore because I can already see whats happening here. JG withdraws their request for a consideration to have a voting right. May be some where down the road, the council can reconsider and make this one way or the other(Either just Zoners or all Zoners affiliates). As for the Jupiter Guild, it was never the issue of receiving a Voting right for just us. We spoke for all affiliated Zoners' rights (including AW)...people who stay neutral, help other zoners and call themselves zoners though they dont carry an actual Zoner ID. It was the issue of Fairness in our Environment (Gameplay). Trust me if I could get a Jupiter Guild ID I would, but I can't.

Generally we see people being hunted and killed by the dark holy one (BULLDOGNK) for not giving every one else the same level playing field (speed mod/Gun mod). The reason? because some people were getting unnecessary privileges while the others didnt (which in the long run kills the server). Well...guess what... the playing field is not level anymore. Some players ARE getting a privilleged treatment.
We,The JG, are going to stay neutral and act like zoners the best we can. But since we do not think the Council of Zoners has a neutral and balanced stance towards every one, we do not think Jupiter Guild can give the Council a vote of Confidence at this point. Please take us off of your members' list. We may be Zoners but at this time there is no reason for us to believe that this coucil represents us. Any zoner or Zoner affiliate including AW, if they need our help, please ask us directly, we will happily oblige.

Jupiter Guild will moniter the proceedings of the council and may reconsider joining the Councli when we think the time is right...Good luck to you all.
...and PEACE
(ooC : Typed about 2 hours agoo but never posted...sorry. Also where are the images that I posted THe concil of Zoners are censoring the petitions too?)