Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**Incoming Transmission**
To: The Council of Zoners

Message Reads:
1: Standardization of NFZ distances for all Freeports and facilities (High)

I agree Vote Yes on this and suggest an 8k zone. 5 may be a bit to close but I think 10 is a tad far.

2: Whether to form a Council "Hostiles" list, or to use independent "contractors" to deal with those who break Zoner Law (High); I Vote yes on a list and NO on using outsiders. I think this is a job we need to do ourselves.

3: The issue of pirating, and our "agreement" with the Corsairs, in Omega 49 (High)
If they are pirating they are not protecting so they can be hunted just like anyone else. If they go after GMG or others then they can be freely hunted by those parties and I think we should not stop that. If they are hunting or pirating Zoners in 0-49, then they go on the naughty list and be hunted by us

4: Establishing our own "Response Team" and/or using outside contractors (High)

A big Yes to this since I was one of the folks who suggested it.

5: Coriko Lameos' motion to ban members of the Slavers Union (Medium)
I vote no. If we ban one group that we do not care for we would have to ban them all.

6: Actions of ZAS (Zoners Abolishing Slavery) vessels, primarily in Tau-37 (Medium)
Not exactly commendable, but what should the slaver union think would happen if they run into ZAS members

7: Doc Holliday's suggestions regarding Gallia and a possible Iridium embargo (Low)
Vote Yes on the embargo

8: Adding a No-fly-zone around the ruins of Freeport 7 (Low-Medium)

I vote yes for this.

9: Raising money for a Freeport 7 memorial beacon (Low)
Will be glad to contribute. So Yes vote

10: Zoner colonization of Planet Sprague, Omega 3 (Low)
Yes vote here. We could use the realestate

11: Relocation of Council Chambers from Corinth to Gran Canaria (Low).

No. I just finally found the way through.

1 yes
2 yes
3 needs discussing, but with recent developments I think they may need to go
4 yes
5 no
6 needs discussing
7 yes
8 yes
9 yes
10 yes
11 no

Aurelia brings ups an interesting proposal. We assume that the faction rep is voting the majority for his factions, but yes a faction having 1 vote for 15 folks is a tad unbalanced against a bunch of indies

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**
Comm ID: Malcolm Reynolds
Re: Voting System

Since each Faction representative has 1 vote on the CoZ, why not do something similar with the registered Indies? (//to steal a Babylon 5 thing) The "League of Non-aligned Zoners".

All registered independent Zoners are automatically part of the "LNZ", Thus A majority vote of the registered indie Zoners becomes 1 vote on behalf of the "LNZ" on the council.

This way no amount of Indies can out vote the factions when it comes to policy changes.

don't know how all the independent Zoners would like that, but It's my two cents.

-Malcolm Reynolds
**Incoming Transmission**
To: The Council of Zoners

Greetings Chairman and all council members,

Firstly forgive me if I am speaking out of place, there as been a lot of activity within the council and I may have missed something as I read through the past conversations.

Congratulation to our new chairman also, a wise choice I am sure.

If I am correct in our chairman wanted our oppionions on the following agenda then my answers are as follows:

Council Agenda:

1: Standardization of NFZ distances for all Freeports and facilities (High);

I am voting Yay, I believe that all Zoner facilities should have a no-fire zone around them at least 5k in radius.

2: Whether to form a Council "Hostiles" list, or to use independent "contractors" to deal with those who break Zoner Law (High);

I am voting Yay to this also as I believe all information is power and this is a very good idea that will help all Zoners.

3: The issue of pirating, and our "agreement" with the Corsairs, in Omega 49 (High);

I have been a victim of such pirating in O-49 and I definately beleive this treaty with them needs looking into and if possible Zoners take on the "protection" role without outside help. Thats a Yay

4: Establishing our own "Response Team" and/or using outside contractors (High);

As mentioned in point 3, I was a victim of such pirating in O-49 and I definately vote Yay on this and would also like to state that if required I will use some of my own personal funds to purchase 1 Zoner destroyer for use in this matter if you are looking for volunteers, this would also require some form of name tag to allow other Zoners to clearly identify these "Guadians"

5: Coriko Lameos' motion to ban members of the Slavers Union (Medium);

I also vote "Yay" on this, slavery is possibly the worst crime of humankind, to take away a persons freedom is barbaric and we should send out a strong message to all that Zoners do not tolerate this.

6: Actions of ZAS (Zoners Abolishing Slavery) vessels, primarily in Tau-37 (Medium);

I have made it clear that I do not approve of slavery, I cannot condone actively hunting down slave traders, that is for military bodies to do and not a self appointed group of vigilanties.

7: Doc Holliday's suggestions regarding Gallia and a possible Iridium embargo (Low);

We should suspend all links with Gallic groups other than the council, I would vote YAY to any embargo that did not interfere with trade to the Council who seem to be a like minded organisation to us Zoners.

8: Adding a No-fly-zone around the ruins of Freeport 7 (Low-Medium);

I see no need to stop ships flying around the Ruins. Nay

9: Raising money for a Freeport 7 memorial beacon (Low);

This is would vote YAY too.

10: Zoner colonization of Planet Sprague, Omega 3 (Low);

All colonization is good for business and the Zoners this is an excellent idea, Yay

As I resident of Gran Canaria I feel this is an excellent Idea, it is possibly the most beautiful planet in the Galaxy and is a fitting place for the Council to sit. This also makes the appointement of a volunteer defence for even more pressing given the situation with privateers in the Omega-49 system.

Yay

Comm ID: Chairman Mal

Well, I see a trend here, fellow Council members. It appears that folk would like to get their druthers recorded on the Agenda Items in one swell foop, rather than piecemeal the list one issue at a time.

Perhaps it will work, provided my Pineal doesn't explode from tallying the answers, Delegates.

Let's give it a try, anyway. Continue voting your preferences on all items, and we'll work out the kinks on each one later if there doesn't appear to be a clear consensus.

Delegate Reynolds.. interesting idea on the division of votes.. Let's get through this Agenda vote, and try to re-distribute the balance of power later.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm in the middle of an important Ritual and Open Buffet here at the Temple.

' Wrote:don't know how all the independent Zoners would like that, but It's my two cents.

-Malcolm Reynolds

I'll be blunt. I don't like this. Indies are never, EVER going to want to vote the same way on every issue, and I feel it dilutes the independant spirit of the zoners.
By all means, give the factions more votes, 5 is about enough. But there should be some kind of reward for staying an independant, and currently our one(1) votes on the council is it.
Comm ID: Mal

Noted, Delegate Kristall, which is why I'm calling for Agenda votes under the "Old" paradigm for the present. I'm "tabling" Delegate Silvan's motion on redistribution right now.

Proceed, the Floor is again open.
OK Mal, if you think you can handle it. Here're my votes:

1: Standardization of NFZ distances for all Freeports and facilities (High);

Yea. I'll leave the distance up to others, so long as it's the same everywhere.

2: Whether to form a Council "Hostiles" list, or to use independent "contractors" to deal with those who break Zoner Law (High);

Yea to forming a Hostiles list.

3: The issue of pirating, and our "agreement" with the Corsairs, in Omega 49 (High);

This issue needs more discussion before I can vote on it.

4: Establishing our own "Response Team" and/or using outside contractors (High);

Yea, And as I mentioned previously, I would like to volunteer for the team.

5: Coriko Lameos' motion to ban members of the Slavers Union (Medium);

Also needs more discussion.

6: Actions of ZAS (Zoners Abolishing Slavery) vessels, primarily in Tau-37 (Medium);

Needs more discussion.

7: Doc Holliday's suggestions regarding Gallia and a possible Iridium embargo (Low);

I vote Yea. Perhaps we could make some diplomatic contacts with the Gallic unlawfuls to make this happen.

8: Adding a No-fly-zone around the ruins of Freeport 7 (Low-Medium);

Yea, obviously, since I suggested it.

9: Raising money for a Freeport 7 memorial beacon (Low);

Likewise yea.

10: Zoner colonization of Planet Sprague, Omega 3 (Low);

This is a tricky one. My understanding is that the previous settlement was a simple archeological expedition. Is there really that much of value here? It certainly isn't one of the universe's garden spots.
Needs more discussion.

Yea. Do we really need the ultra high security of Corinth? It's not like we're a super-secret Illuminati organization here.

To summerize:
1:Yea
2:Yea
3:Needs more discussion
4:Yea
5:Needs more discussion
6:Needs more discussion
7:Yea
8:Yea
9:Yea
10:Needs more discussion
11:Yea

Mal, if you're doing a straight tally my 'needs more discussion' votes can be counted as Abstain. Let me know if you need help keeping track.

Kristall out.
Comm ID: Doc Holliday

Since everyone else is voting in mass, so shall I:

1) Standardization of all NFZ distances;
I vote yes on this. Make it one standard. I still think we need to discuss as another issue those who use that NFZ as a hiding place after violent acts.

2) Council "Hostiles List;"
Yes.

3) Pirating and our agreement with the Corsairs in Omega 49;
I think this needs some work. For now, I'll abstain until such time.

4) Establishing a "Response Team" and/or using outside contractors;
Yes on it's creation. Again, details will need to be worked out.

5) Camiko Lameo's suggestion to ban the Slaver's Union members;
I hate slavery. I think it is a crime and its against the Hippocratic Oath I long ago took. If Zoners are slave running, I find it unacceptable. In as much as I hate it, the unlawful minded I'll ignore on this.

6) Actions of ZAS ships;
Needs more discussion but I don't find it wise to be interfering with the Outcasts.

7) My Gallia proposal
Yes on a full embargo. We produce more than iridium that is in demand there. Pineal amulets and Neon from planet Erie also sells well out there and of course, our own deuterium. I say not one ounce of Zoner product should be traded there by ANYONE. If we vote for this, make it public. Maybe the House governments will follow suit.
And Mr. Kristall, I had some thoughts on contacting a couple of Gallic groups to help enforce it.

8) Freeport 7 No Fly Zone;
I think it should be in line with the NFZ used elsewhere.

9) Freeport 7 Memorial;
Very fitting. I vote yes.

10) Colonization of Planet Sprague;
I'd like to explore this more. Besides archeology, is think there could be benefits to colonization, possibly another Zoner planet? I really don't know much on the environmental conditions on the planet itself, if it has anything of value we can make some flax on or what a Zoner purpose would be there. I do think it would be strategically viable. This needs more looking into before I cast a vote on it.

11) Relocation of Zoner Council to Gran Canaria;
Only if we get the violence under control. I have enough trouble just getting to my home as it is.

Doc
*incoming transmission*

Comm ID: Doc Holliday

I'm forwarding this message that came in from our allies, the Order. It backs up something I've long contended, people using or NFZ's a safe havens. Kind of like a little punk kid who instigates the playground bully at school and then hides behind the teacher with his tongue sticking out.

A delicate issue indeed!

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry598854
Comm ID: Malaclypse

To: All TAZ
cc: Council of Zoners

(Regarding This Report to Secure FnordNet Comms):

Reports will be made to the Council of Zoners, Matok.

The C.C.F. was also destroyed in Omega 5. He arrived in time to see Tuco.Pacifico destroyed by BAF fighters, and stood off while BAF and OPG forces were engaged.

Finally, intel was received by "Mr. F" that the Corsair Dreadnaught present had indeed attacked the Vor'cha. Proper engagement notice was given the Dreadnaught, but before the TAZ Fearless could close, numerous OPG vessels converged and took the Cabbage.Control.F out of action.

Until further notice, all OPG vessels are to be considered untrustworthy. I wouldn't be surprised if they are in cahoots with the Tuco.Pacifico, and used this opportunity to engage TAZ assets without reason.

What is even more disturbing is that previous to the encounter, in Omega 3, the OPG Grimly had promised the TAZ that he would report the renegade Tuco.Pacifico "to the Corsair Council". Either the Captain of the Grimly has an exceedling short memory, is short a few bricks, or was deliberately lying about his position regarding the renegade.

I will be encouraging the Council to open immediate negotiations with ALL Corsair Factions regarding the renegades who are instigating these incidents between Corsairs and Zoners. This must cease.

Mal