Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Due to obvious NeuralNet Comms issues caused by the recent Dark Matter Embroglio, the deadline for voting on the current Motion is hereby extended to Sunday, 2400 SMT.

Chairman Mal
Incoming From Lucky LeRoux..

*Rolls the dice once more to get the required outcome....*

Yep, Yeah and Yes to the motion comes up on my Three Sided Dice.

Lucky, eh?
COMM ID: William Ironfoot

Quote:On the Motion:

Should the Council remove the limitation of "one vote per organization", and allow ALL Zoners, regardless of affiliation, the right to register as Council Delegates, and to participate in the democratic process?

Council,

After careful consideration of the issue, myself and my crew have come to the conclusion that for the continued success of this council so I will vote "Yay" on this.

If we are going to go back to the subject of "Block" voting in the future I feel a small weighting of 3 votes should be given to the group delegates so that independant Zoners are not drowned out in any future votes.

* Ironfoot out *

to: the council

" i do believe in one head, one vote. - so i say "yes" about the motion. - however, i do hope that there won t be threats or any other kind of pushing within a faction to force a vote. - individual voting of individual people. - if votes are pre-arranged, we don t need the head voting.

all in all, we re all interested in the wellfare of our society - so there cannot really be anything bad about it anyway."
Comm ID: Malaclypse, Freeport 11

Fellow Delegates,

I would like to remind you all that you now have less than six hours remaining to exercise your right and responsibility as a Council Member by voting on the current Motion.

Failure to do so may have possible consequences in the near future.

Your Chairman
[Comm ID: Coriko Lameos]

I feel that for too long the factionised members, and indeed the delegates, have suffered a loss of power against those who are independent. Therefore I fully support a revision to the voting system, however I am not sure the outlined means is the best solution. Therefore the ZAS abstains from voting.

One hour left to cast your votes, Delegates.
' Wrote:Should the Council remove the limitation of "one vote per organization", and allow ALL Zoners, regardless of affiliation, the right to register as Council Delegates, and to participate in the democratic process?

Yea or Nay?

Comm ID: Richard Kingston, SS Eclipse

My crew and I say YEA to this movement.

~Richard Kingston
Comm ID: GJEUVN38V719BELHA
To: Zoner Council
ID Trace: Sebastien Coen, Planet Gran Canaria, Omega 49.

Displaying...

Voting yes on the whether the Council should remove the limitation of "one vote per organization", and allow all Zoners, regardless of affiliation, the right to register as Council Delegates, and to participate in the democratic process.

Transmission End.
Comm ID: Chairman Mal, Freeport 11

Fellow Delegates,

With all the excitement at Freeport 11, I missed my own deadline by 12 hours! My Apologies.

You'll find the Voting Results here.

To recap, on the Motion to allow all Zoners, including those in organizations previously limited to one "Delegate/vote":

Yea = 14
Nay = 3
Abstain = 2

The Motion carries. I will immediately revise the Registry to reflect the new "One Zoner, one Vote" policy.

While not mandatory, all "factionalised" Zoners previously represented by a single Delegate are encouraged to register and take advantage of the new policy.

Now, on to new business, Delegates.

Here is the Agenda as decided previously:

<strike>1: Standardization of NFZ distances for all Freeports and facilities (High);</strike>

<strike>2: Whether to form a Council "Hostiles" list, or to use independent "contractors" to deal with those who break Zoner Law (High);</strike>

3: The issue of pirating, and our "agreement" with the Corsairs, in Omega 49 (High);

4: Establishing our own "Response Team" and/or using outside contractors (High);

5: Coriko Lameos' motion to ban members of the Slavers Union (Medium);

6: Actions of ZAS (Zoners Abolishing Slavery) vessels, primarily in Tau-37 (Medium);

7: Doc Holliday's suggestions regarding Gallia and a possible Iridium embargo (Low);

<strike>8: Adding a No-fly-zone around the ruins of Freeport 7 (Low-Medium);</strike>

<strike>9: Raising money for a Freeport 7 memorial beacon (Low);</strike>

10: Zoner colonization of Planet Sprague, Omega 3 (Low);

I have noted the items already addressed or in-progress. Our thanks to Delegate Peter Kristall for moving forward on the Freeport 7 Memorial issues, and the Chair encourages all of you to donate to this worthy cause if funds are required.

I will now open the Floor to further discussions and/or Motions.