Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Robert Pirx
To: The Council of Zoners

I have a problem with the current motion proposal.
I support our neutrality in the case of legality of the slave trade in Zoner space, but I also support former Council decision about 'slave abolition' during docking to Freeports.

I mean, I don't care what people have on their ship if they are outside our base. I am neutral in cases which don't affect me directly. But I don't want ships full of slaves in our docks. How can we drink beer with Slaver, when we know that in our dock is ship with slaves. We become slavers then. It is disgusting. My conscience or like someone call it - 'pineal' doesn't agree with this.

So, I am confused, because of the current motion looks well, and probably most of delegates will support it, but in the background it deletes the previous decision. If it will be voted like it is, I will abstain probably, since I cannot say 'yes' or 'no'.

I would like, we Zoners are neutral in the case of slave trade, but if someone wants to dock in our base he shouldn't have slaves on board.

I don't like when friend comes to my house in muded shoes. Leave it outside and you are welcomed then.

-Robert Pirx
Comm ID: Chairman Mal

Fellow Delegates,

It appears so far that Delegate Shestov's motion is not receiving much support.

I agree with the Delegates who have advised full (*sigh*) discussion of the pros and cons before the Council "rushes to judgment"...

And, maybe we did good the first time around, and can squeek by with clarification of the "current" Policy on Liberation of Slaves..

Please continue.
**Incoming transmission**
Comm ID: ZonerStoner
Captain: Mohammad-Sadiq Al Noori

Fellow delegates,

I don't see a point in voting again on motion that was decided.
Zoners are independent folks, we do find our strength in profits, yet we have to draw the line sometimes.
We have certain values that no other faction shares and profit above all is not one of them. Council has said their decision on this matter and there is no need to open the discussion again. No slavery on Freeports!

Thank you all

**Transmission ends**
*signal lost*
*** incoming transmission ***

Fellow members of the council

Like many former inhabitants of house space, I chose to escape the restrictions laid upon my by those societies and thus became a Zoner.

Any slave has as such not had the freedom of choosing his fate - other than commit suicide, and thus this practice is not only abhorrent to me personally, but I also consider it in conflict with what we hold in high esteem as each Zoner's 'independence'.

Like other delegates before, I support a neutral stance concerning ships passing through Zoner space and NFZ's, but any ship docking at a Zoner port should free any 'human cargo'.

Kind Regards
Reisiger Duke
**Incoming Transmission**
To: Council of Zoners

Message reads:

Actually a vote on this issues may be for the best. Personally, I think it violates our neutrality. Never before has this council said who can an can not dock on Freeports based on their cargo. While we are not exactly saying they can to dock, but forcing them to release their slaves, it amounts to the same thing. I just feel we are walking a tight line here and this will cause unforeseen problems in our future. I like the motion put before the council and I think it should be left up to the individual on how they react to slavers. Also what do we do if they refuse...blow them up? Ban them from Freeports. Neither have ever been done before to a pilot that has not done Zoners harm.

@Mr. Holiday if you need assistance in your negotiations with Bretonia I would be glad to lend a hand. We need this issue resolved ASAP.

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**
Quote:the Council of Zoners will not take any official position on the legality or illegality of the slave trade in what is considered Zoner space. This resolution does not stop any individual Zoner from following his or her conscious, but this motion would affirm the Councils neutrality in this matter.

.::Incoming Transmission::.
Message to : Lev, CoZ
Comm ID: (]c[)Yev.Lightwing
Subject: Slavery Issue re-vote

Dear delegate Lev and others,

I believe that the above stated motion is already being upheld by the Zoners. Most Zoners do as they like in regards to how they treat Slavers and our currently passed motion does not restrict Slavers from trading in our space. Heck, they can sell slaves on Freeport 15 if they like, and they already do.

What I would like to see, Council, is a draft of the Freeport Rules on which we have been voting for thus far. After all the voting we've done, I've not seen any actual laws writen as a result.

Sincerely,
Yev

.::End of Transmission::.

Delegates, I believe Aurelia Silvan is still willing to undertake a Draft of our "Official Policies"; but has been engaged with other matters of imporatance recently.

I hope to see her smiling face again shortly, and I see no problem with expediting the Offical Policies Notification in conjunction with our work on finalizing the last of these critical issues.

I ask for your continued patience. Announcing an incomplete or premature version of her work might do more harm than good to this Council's "credibility".
Comm ID: Robert Pirx

I know that Council's position in case of slavery may bring some problems in business. But sometimes people should consider morality over profit. I know this is subjective matter, but this is my point of view.

I would like Honourable Delegates to pay attention to another matter.

Many of our people (like my mother) lives in Pensylvania system still. They are still there, and we have to remember about them. They are under power of Liberty now. They have some self-government on the Erie. The quality of their life and freedom depends on it, how Liberty see the whole Zoners Community. And that is depended on Council mostly. Slavery is serious crime in Liberty, so if we will support slavery, I wonder what they will think about us.

I am new member of the Council, an maybe I should listen, learn and not to talk to much. This is my last voice in this matter.

Thank you for your attention.

-Robert Pirx.
To: Mr. Pirx

First of all, welcome to the Council, and we look forward to your continued input. We of the Freedom understand your concerns, my uncle Victor was a resident of the Pennsylvania system and we have not heard anything of him since the Liberty annexation. While it is certainly advisable for us to be careful of our actions, we must remember that the Libertonian government is in no way our ally, and that to enforce Libertonian laws at our Freeports simply because of the Libertonian government's imperialistic ventures would set a very poor precedent indeed, and even encourage others to exert their dominance over us. This is especially true in light of the current situation in Gran Canaria.

Anyways, we agree with the Chairman that we should wait until a polished draft has been completed before voting.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
Quote:Anyways, we agree with the Chairman that we should wait until a polished draft has been completed before voting.

Ah, Delegate Robinson,

Perhaps I was unclear on the intent of my statement. I did not preclude the possibility of concluding a vote on the present motion, or of amending it, or of chucking it entirely if that seems to be the consensus of this Body.

I was merely suggesting that both goals could be accomplished simultaneously. After all, Delegate Silvan will need that consensus in order to provide the first Draft of our Document. ..or so I believe.

In the old Unistat, I seem to recall seeing historical evidence of "Bills" that could achieve a height of one meter's worth of dead "trees".

Can you imagine the chaos involved in deliberating on such a monstrous "motion"? Our work will not be quick or easy regardless of our method, gentlefolk.

Other matters loom towards us. Negotiations with Elder Sephardi's branch of the Corsairs; identifying who the Council wishes to declare "Hostile"; a possible Gallian trade embargo; and of course, the current "elephant in the room", Bowex and Bretonia. (I've mused that requiring "Visas" might be a temporary move until Doc Holliday can bring us to the table with Bretonian "interests" regarding our lovely GRAN CANARIA!)

Pardon.. didn't mean to shout there...

We still have a Motion on the Floor, Delegates. To Wit:

Should the current "Item 4" be rescinded, and replaced with the following:

Resolved, that the Council of Zoners will not take any official position on the legality or illegality of the slave trade in what is considered Zoner space. This resolution does not stop any individual Zoner from following his or her conscious, but this motion would affirm the Councils neutrality in this matter.

You will notice that I have re-included the "rescind" clause. I feel that the recent discussion has indicated sombunall Delegates would like to remove language concerning slavery entirely, somebunall would like to retain the current language, and somebunall favor the "Two Bears" Motion as replacement language.

Consider which option we would like to make Official Policy as our discussion continues, please.