Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Ivan.Ilyich
Source: Lanzarote Base, Ω-49
Destination: Council of Zoners
Encryption Level: 2

My crew and I, after discussing this at length, are unable to come to an agreement, therefore we abstain from voting on this.

While the current system does leave factionalized Zoners underrepresented, giving each member a vote could drown out non-factionalized Zoners. Perhaps a compromise of sorts, such as:
-Allowing any member of a registered Zoner group to speak, but only the appointed delegate to vote. The faction votes could be weighted, perhaps counting as 3-5 votes. -OR-
-Allowing factions to put forth multiple delegates, perhaps 3 or so.

Mr. Ilyich
Well, I am going to go with a Nay vote on this one, due to the concerns I expressed earlier.

Tally updated, including a "Yea" for the Motion's sponsor, Delegate Silvan.

We have not set a deadline for voting, Delegates; however I am leaning towards 2400 SMT on Saturday. That gives just under 32 hours for everyone to vote.

Mal
ID: Comerciante
To: Council of Zoners

Hello dear council.

About the motion, my vote is YAY

Cordova out
Greetings fellow Zoners,

We understand the concerns of our factionalized brothers and sisters. However, we of the RFS Freedom feel that there are certain scenarios in which it is appropriate for one or more individuals to voluntarily allow for another to speak on his behalf, so that the first may focus on other things. It is for this reason that the entire crew of the RFS Freedom has chosen to allow me, a single crew member, to represent them in the Council.
We therefore vote NAY to the proposition at hand.

Thank you.

-Jonah Robinson
I'm still mulling this one over. I have many concerns going both ways. I do feel that all Zoners should have a voice but I do agree with delegate Dancing Bears' reasoning. I also have a big concern that motions set forth in the council that will strengthen our resolve as a people may get "stepped on" by independent Zoners more concerned about their financial status than they are the Zoner as a people. Granted, I like making some flax myself but there are places I won't trade due to conscience.......*cough*cough*hack*..Gallia..*cough*hack*

*sighs*

I'm returning to my chambers to think this over and will return later with a decision.

-Doc
**Incoming Transmission**
Comm ID: Captain Trogdor

Sorry to be unclear Mal, but I wasn't sure if other delegates would latch onto my idea and we'd amend the current motion before continuing to vote, or restart the vote, or let the current vote come to completion and then amend it.

Since neither of the first two options have come to pass and you've suggested the third, I will vote YEA on the current motion.

**Transmission ends**
**comms session established**

Nay.

Top out.

**session terminated**
On the Motion:

Should the Council remove the limitation of "one vote per organization", and allow ALL Zoners, regardless of affiliation, the right to register as Council Delegates, and to participate in the democratic process?

[TAZ], Doc Holliday Yea
ZAS~, Coriko Lameos Abstains
[WDR], Mannock Benitez
OSI, Samuel Nichols Yea
(]c[), Louise for Dr. M. Yea

Aurelia Silvan, (Dab) Yea
Elizabeth Tate, (Jinx.) Yea
Capt. Black, (Tanker)
Bradford, Michael, (death magnetic)
Lloyd Black, (Thexare)
Top, (Cannon) Nay
Robert Dunn, (Tic)
Lucky LeRoux, (Lucky LeRoux) Yea
~stinger~, (Hood)
James Star, (TheStar)
Alan West, (ivr56)
Mannock, (Mannock)
Rashida, (Derkylos)
William M. Callaghan, (Graf Petersen)
Dr Bearnard Adelaide, (NerdRage)
BT4-A45, (n00bl3t) Yea
Robinson, Jonah, (Quorg) Nay
Cordova, Victor, (Novakiller) Yea
Elonin, Elias, (Meggido)
Sheppard, Oren, (Logo)
Thorfinnssen, Georg, (Clarkie)
(?), (Souldealer)
Kikatsu, Kara, (kikatsu)
Ilyich, Ivan, (Ivan Ilyich) Abstains
Nomura, Satoru, (Robert Fitzgerald)
Fat Joe, (Courage)
Mosinger, Alan, (Sempai 17)
Trogdor, Cpt., (Trogdor) Yea
Hazaken, Meiun, (Meiun)
John Bess, (Dragonlancer)
BruCE, (BruCE)
Baker, Kyle, (Carbon Unit 02)
Ironfoot, William, (Ironfoot) Yea
Stagg, Alex, (SebiNox)
Linson Collan, (Leadcrows)
Kingston, Richard, (Recoil9000) Yea
Ventana, Ray, (Ventana)
Al Noori, Mohammad-Sadiq, (dead_shot) Yea
Shestov, Lev, (Dancing Bears) Nay
Kristall, Peter, (Peter Kristall) Yea
Crustulum, (Weedalot)
Reynolds, Mal, (Malcolm_Reynalds) Yea
Osborne, Dee, (Stygian)

Due to obvious NeuralNet Comms issues caused by the recent Dark Matter Embroglio, the deadline for voting on the current Motion is hereby extended to Sunday, 2400 SMT.

Tick tock.
*incoming transmission*

After sitting on the matter with a couple of pineal amulets in hand to help the thought process, I will cast my vote on this matter of YEA. I will also say that I would like to revisit this issue later to see if it is working as I still have a lot of reluctance on it. But, I also want to give people the benefit of the doubt.

That being said, Midori and I will be busy this weekend as we spend some much needed time together.

Doc