Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sender: Top
Location: Aboard the flyin'brick in slightly right of <undisclosed>
To: Council of Zoners
Subject: Vote

Voting is tiring and is disruptin' my zen. How about we end it quick. I propose we let this Archer fellow run the show, have the chair and generally keep things in order. Will anyone second this.

Top out.
ID: Riley Mackenzie
To: The CoZ

Well crap! It looks like I missed the boat & 86'ed my voting rites.

Well...learn & burn.

All in all, the Council is a good thing, & I hope the new poobah herds the cats well.

Voting rites or not, I will simply continue my unassuming & quiet life as a TAZ trucker, & will begin to make more of a real effort to change my 'whack a mole' appearences when things of this magnitude crop up.

Till the next time: clear skies to you all,
Riley
COM ID: [TAZ] Kyte

TO: CoZ

RE: Chair

Enrcypt: null

************************ MESSAGE BEGINS *************************************************
Honorable Members of the Council,

With the voting closed, a tie was broken by the sudden withdrawal of Mal. The members of the council, which have voted, have spoken. I recognize our new chair, Capt. Jonathan Archer. I thank you all for your support of this council and pray that each of us continues to realize the success of our combined endeavor both in the council and outside of it's walls.

With great humility I remain,

Kyte

************************ MESSAGE ENDS **************************************************
[font=Fixedsys]From: Zoners Trading Consortium
To: Council of Zoners
Topic: voting results

[font=Palatino Linotype]Dear Delegates,

On behalf of the Zoners Trading Consortium I would like to express our admiration and respect for the very honourable act of withdrawal of Lady Malaclypse. We salute you, Madam.

At the same time we would like to congratulate Captain Archer and wish you good luck and many wise decisions on your position of the Chairman of the Zoners Council.

Yours faithfully,
dr Werner Mazursky
CEO, board member
Zoners Trading Consortium Ltd.
**Incoming Transmission**

To:Corinth Station, council of zoners,
From Samuel Nichols - CEO Omicron Supply Industries

Message reads:

Well it's a shame not everyone voted. It's also a shame Malaclypse stepped down, but since he has held the title before I can understand. So congratulations to Jonathan Archer. Ok so what were we waiting to discuss.?

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**END of Transmission**

Comm ID: Furball

To: Council.

A strange old voting procedure but no matter, congratulations Mr Archer you have my support.

Furball Out.
Comm ID: Mama Dis, ex-officio Chair

Very well. Sombunall Delegates having moved and seconded, and there being no further objections, Captain Jonathan Archer is hereby declared the new Chairman of the Council of Zoners. Congratulations, Brother Jonathan.

During our deliberations, the following pending business has been noted:

A decision on the dispostion of those Council Members who were conspicuously absent;

A decision on who will maintain the Council's Registry of Members and Delegates;

A request by independent trader August Redburn;

An unspecifified proposal to the Council from Samura Industries;

A discussion and possible vote on the Council's position on slavery.

I must say, it has been interesting working with such a varied and eclectic group of domesticated primates. I wish you good fortune, Members. Captain Archer, you may assume the Chair.

Toodles,
Dis
Comm ID: J.Archer,
Chairman of the Zoner Council.

I thank you very much for the voting,

Pauses an moment

now I'm an man of little words but they are very meaningful
*archer walks to his chair*
very comfortable, now ofcourse I will take an look on the "pending" matters

A decision on the dispostion of those Council Members who were conspicuously absent

as i noticed 33 delegates have missed their duty to vote on such important matter as this,
we need to send them an personal Message, if they dont respond within 48 hours they are placed on the Non-voting list.

A decision on who will maintain the Council's Registry of Members and Delegates;

this is an very difficult decision for me, but i prefer Maclypse666 will be very suitable for this task
unless you dont want it then I second Dab for this function.

A request by independent trader August Redburn
and,
An unspecifified proposal to the Council from Samura Industries

progress on these matters will be send here soon,

A discussion and possible vote on the Council's position on slavery

for the moment I feel no need to open an discussion on this subject or place the councils position here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thank you for the attention

J.Archer out
Message to: Freeport Violations Frequency
cc: Council of Zoners
cc: Corsair Council
Comm ID: [TAZ]Waverly's.Wonder, Corinth

Gentlefolk,

Reginald Waverly here. I regret to inform the leaders of the proud Corsair Nation and the Council of Zoners that an independant Corsair has once again violated the NFZ at Freeport 9, Omicron Theta.

The offending vessel is the "Mitsuomo", a Corsair ID'd/IFF'd Corsair gunboat.

At the time of the incident, I was dropping off passengers at the Freeport while enroute to Corinth Station. The registration on my Liner is about to lapse, and I needed to renew the paperwork at Corinth.

While preparing to dock, I observed heavy traffic around the freeport. Several bounty hunter fighters, as well as some passing Outcasts, responded to my hails, and politely requested permission to dock. They restocked, and left the Freeport without incident.

During this period, the gunboat "Mitsuomi" merely sat silently in close proximity to the station's biodomes, under fire from BHG patrols. I hailed the vessel numerous times, requesting that pilot either dock his ship, or move away to a safe distance. All my hails were met with silence. I can attest that the pilot was on the bridge, as the vessel moved in a controlled fashion.

[attachmentid=5531]

The gunboat eventually moved off to a distance of 700-800 meters from the Freeport, but then began to engage the nearby patrols, using both turret and heavy razor fire, which came dangerously close to our facility. Still, I received no response to my requests to stand down and stand off.

[attachmentid=5532]

Out of desperation, I contacted an OPG vessel in Omega 41 and requested immediate assistance. Once I broadcast that OPG had been notified, the vessel began to move off. I shadowed this offender, and eventually followed him through the jumphole to Gamma. At this time, the "Mitsuomi" finally broke radio silence:

[attachmentid=5533]

I believe the attached black box documentation, along with the numerous witnesses near the Freeport, are sufficient to warrant consideration by both Corsair and Zoner leadership.

It is sad that such rogue individuals apparently do not care that they are straining our relationships, or that they are casting an indelible stain on the proud and honorable Corsair name.

I pray that the esteemed Corsair Elders will see fit to handle this matter "internally".

Respectfully,
Reginald Waverly,
Waverly, LLC., TAZ
**Incoming Transmission**

To:Corinth Station, council of zoners,
From Samuel Nichols - CEO Omicron Supply Industries

Message reads:

Quote:#1
A decision on the dispostion of those Council Members who were conspicuously absent

as i noticed 33 delegates have missed their duty to vote on such important matter as this,
we need to send them an personal Message, if they dont respond within 48 hours they are placed on the Non-voting list.

I would concur with this. We either need these folks to stay active or moved off to the non-voting list.

Quote:#2

this is an very difficult decision for me, but i prefer Maclypse666 will be very suitable for this task
unless you dont want it then I second Dab for this function.

If Mal no longer wants to do it then, we should let Mal retire from it. As for a replacement I would like to see volunteers.

Quote:#3
A request by independent trader August Redburn
and,
An unspecifified proposal to the Council from Samura Industries

progress on these matters will be send here soon,

I see these are being handled.

Quote:#5
A discussion and possible vote on the Council's position on slavery

for the moment I feel no need to open an discussion on this subject or place the councils position here.

I believe this was discussed not to long ago. While some of us have strong opinions on the matter, I believe this is more a personal choice then something for the Council to make a decision on.

Sincerely
Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI