Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**Incoming Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

Wait, Mal left the council? I thought he just stepped down as chairman. Did I miss something?

Anyway why are all of you leaving? What purpose does leaving serve? What's been put into place that's been keeping you from doing something you wish to do? No one's twisting your arms behind your back to do anything here. You make it sound like 'oh we can't put up with this anymore, we quit'. It comes across as a bunch of wishy washy bull from my side of the table.

**Transmission ends**
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

Delegates, please remain calm about this. Yes, the larger groups of Zoners are resigning from the Council, however, they are still Zoners. They will still work with us and communicate with us. This is not an exiling of themselves from the rest of the Zoners, just a political separation.

The Council will continue business as usual.

Now recently I've been preoccupied with other matters, which stopped me from devoting full attention to the Council the last few weeks, so if someone would please make a list of currently outstanding issues, we can work towards getting them dealt with, and then elect a new chairperson.

If no one has any objections, I will be taking Nichol's and Holiday's places in the current discussions with Bretonia, Liberty, and the Privateers.

-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
Incoming Transmission

Delegates, I'm going to put the other issues of ours on hold for the moment, so that we can put a certain matter to rest. Both Liberty and Bretonia are short on time, due to their respective wars, so in consideration to them, I'd like to have the treaty with both nations voted on as quickly as possible. This vote will last until midnight SMT two days from now. That gives you exactly 48 hours from the time of this message to vote.

The treaty being voted on;

Quote:Liberty

In conjunction with Zoner patrols to police our installations and uphold our policies,

The Zoners grant to

1) The LN and LSF have the ability to pursue opponents into the NFZ, as long as pictorial proof of the engagement can be provided that it was started before entering the NFZ and said opponent retreated into the NFZ. Allowed for these locations only: Ames Research station, Freeport 2 and Bethlehem station

2) The LN and LSF have the ability to enter the NFZ to arrest known criminals that are loitering about Zoner installations. Proof of the criminal's specific crimes must already be available, before such an action can be taken. Pilots just associated with an organization or House, but with no crimes on record, are not subject to this ability. Allowed for these locations only: Ames Research station, Freeport 2 and Bethlehem station

3) The LN and LSF have the ability to ask loiterers around Zoners installation to move on or dock. No use of force is authorized in this instance, unless covered by part 2. This does not grant the ability for Liberty officials to loiter themselves. Allowed for these locations only: Ames Research station, Freeport 2 and Bethlehem station

4) The LN and LSF have the ability to defend themselves inside the NFZ, if attacked by other forces when trying to apprehend criminals.

5) The LPI will be granted the above abilities for the Bethlehem station only.

In return Liberty agrees to

1) Abide by the Zoner policies in all instances, except those modified by the above agreement.

2) Officially recognize Zoner installations and the 5k NFZ as Sovereign Zoner territory. Subject to Zoner laws and policies.

3) Not to engage in military actions or combat against other houses inside the NFZ.

Bretonia

In conjunction with Zoner patrols to police our installations and uphold our policies,

The Zoners grant to

1) The BAF and BPA have the ability to pursue opponents into the NFZ, as long as pictorial proof of the engagement can be provided that it was started before entering the NFZ and said opponent retreated into the NFZ. Allowed for these locations only: Freeport 1

2) The BAF and BPA have the ability to enter the NFZ to arrest known criminals that are loitering about Zoner installations. Proof of the criminal's specific crimes must already be available, before such an action can be taken. Pilots just associated with an organization or House, but with no crimes on record, are not subject to this ability. Allowed for these locations only: Freeport 1

3) The BAF and BPA have the ability to ask loiterers around Zoners installation to move on or dock. No use of force is authorized in this instance, unless covered by part 2. This does not grant the ability for Bretonian officials to loiter themselves. Allowed for these locations only: Freeport 1

4) The BAF and BPA have the ability to defend themselves inside the NFZ, if attacked by other forces when trying to apprehend criminals.

In return Bretonia agrees to

1) Abide by the Zoner policies in all instances, except those modified by the above agreement.

2) Grant a a 10 year lease of the 5k of space about Freeport 1, and recognize this space as Sovereign Zoner territory during the term of this lease. The amount of said lease will the be sum of 30 million credits per month.

-Aurelia Silvan
**Incoming transmission**
Comm ID: Brotherhood&Unity
To the: CoZ
Subject: Vote on treaties

Fellow delegates,

I shall be brief since time is of the essence here:

1) Liberty treaty: Yay
2) Bretonia treaty: Yay

Mat the Peace be upon us all

Mohammad-Sadiq Al Noori

**End of transmission**
***signal lost***
-Incoming transmission..-
-Source: Saronsen Nighten, aboard the Jinkusu, Paradise.-
-Playing..-

To both treaties, I vote Yay. Hopefully this will clear up many of the issues we have been having with the House authorities.

-Transmission end-
Incoming Transmission...
Comm ID....Delegate Taylor Davis...Zoner Council Encryption detected...
Decryption complete...

Council,

These treaties are excellent.

My only concern is that now it will be very difficult, if not impossible to make similar treaties with Kusari and Rheinland. After all, Freeport 2 is just as close to Rheinland as it is to Liberty, and Freeport 6 is just a jump from Kusari.

Granted, they haven't approached us like Liberty did, but now it seems unlikely that they will.

With that said...On balance these treaties do more good than harm. I vote 'Yes' on both treaties.
Incoming Transmission
Recipient(s): Taylor Davis

Tau-29 isn't legal Kusari sovereignty, yet at least, so they can't approach as Liberty did with Freeport 2. Currently the Liberty Navy does hold control over Bering. Also, there are no criminal elements using Freeport 6, due to the presence of nearby pirate bases that are much more convenient for them.
-Aurelia Silvan
Comm ID: RFS Freedom

Liberty Treaty: YAY
Bretonia Treaty: NAY; they have offered us nothing but the continued security of a base that has been in our position since before they invaded that system. Furthermore, they continue to harbor and support Privateers with whom we are actively hostile.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
....::::Incoming Transmission::::.....

Source: Talon
To: Council of Zoners

....::::Message Begins::::.....

Greetings fellow Council members,

Liberty: Yay.
Bretonia: Nay as it stands currently. I will have to quote Secretary Reynolds:

Quote:The government of Britonia Acknowledges the 5k of space within the NFZ of FP1 as Zoner space, the government of Britonia also releases all future claims to said space as long at the Freeport remains.

In exchange for this acknowledgment, The council of Zoners will release Bowex of fiscal obligations to the port Jackson Settlement Lease.

This would accomplish the same thing as a counter lease, nullifying the 30M per month payment we receive from Bowex. It would also not leave us with paying 30M a month to Britonia if the Port Jackson facility closes.

William Cross
Captian of the Talon

....::::Message Ends::::.....

....::::End of Transmission::::.....
**Incoming Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

Nay on both counts!

Our NFZ policies are firm. They apply to any and all. If we start allowing lenience to houses to play cops and robbers in our houses it will create problems! The other factions we have relations with won't like this at all, and fires will start up for us all over Sirius.

And this thing with Bretonia is a right mess. 'Leasing' Freeport 1's space? That space is ours, has been for years.

I view both of these treaties as passive attacks against us by the houses and should be treated as such. Our Freeports are sacred bastions of neutrality and anyone who violates the rules we apply to them shall be terminated. End of story.

Neither house is going to want to divert extra resources to "taking" any of our bases anyway, they're too weakened by their stupid wars. And if they're dumb enough to try, I'll have no pity on them. Let's grow ourselves a backbone, gents.

**Transmission Ends**