Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*Mike Agathon's holo image appears, being transmitted from freeport 10*

Honourable council, upon viewing the minister's proposal, I have to say no. The neutrality in which we zoners have achieved has been a long and tedious process, but we have more or less achieved it. Some of our freeports balance on the edge of a very sharp knife and something like this could easily cause us to slip and lose our neutrality, or our lives. It isn't worth considering, for even all the credits in Sirius (or freedom to move goods)

Nay.
A blue hologram pops up, a bit fuzzier than the others and obviously an older model. Some would recognize it as Lloyd Black, but most wouldn't until he began speaking.

This thing working? Good. I finally got one of those fancy hologram transmitters, I'd been stuck using just speech for ages.

Lloyd can be seen poking at a console, though what's displayed on the console can't be seen.

Even ignoring the precedent Mal mentioned, there are other things to consider. If we needed to get things up to Freeport 6 that the Bretonians don't want us to, we can simply go around the Bretonians. You heard the Minister - Leeds or Newcastle.

I'll need a day or two to confirm the route, but the point is that we'd gain absolutely nothing from this proposal and risk losing everything.

Nay.
to: the council

"from omicron Delta, it is a clear *Nay* - those laws are fundamental. - of course, we grant the bretonians all the courtesy and hospitality that we grant anyone else. - we will offer the bretonians no less - but also no more than others.

that is my decision for now - of course - things can change and so do views and opinions. - such a decision may not be eternal - but for now, it it quite clear.

E. Tate out"

edit: //ooc *sigh* i posted with the wrong forum account.....
An hologram appeared, we see Ulysses with some paper sheets like he was disturbed into his work.

"Greetings to the council, It's Ulysses here.

I'm sorry for my late but with all the work I have, I cannot do better.
So .... hermmmm ... Ha yes ! The law about the prisoners was removed, but I will still persuade the pilots to release their prisoners, I do not agree this idea of removing the freedom to someone in our stations.

Now second, I've seen this purpose from the bretonians ... I may vote "nay" to it. The corsairs I see in Freeport 9 are buying a lot of food and phrama when coming back to their space. I do not have any confirmations but it may go the same way with Freeport 1.

Also now I may inform you about a bad new, our radar in Omicron Delta was destroyed by a giant nomad, with similar power to our battleships.
I was this time trying to get the last informations on the nomad activity in Omicron Delta. The Guerdia corsair dreadnought received my distress call and saved me from the nomads.
Their brains were tracted and sealed in my hold.
My craft was also damaged. I'm holding position in Freeport XI station for the repairs they may finish soon.
In the same time of this incident, I heard something strange I can't still describe from my comms. It seems it came for a red hessian vessel, the RHC-Freedom, but no message was registred. Take care in Omicron Delta system, it's being more and more dangerous the past days.

Also, excuse me, I have some work ...

Ulysses out."
To: Zoner Council, Gran Canaria

The Hologram of Rotschild, a gaunt and white haired man, raised a brow and waved his hand in an dismissing gesture.

Everything important was allready said. Neutrality is our way of life. Nay I say.

Comm ID: Chairglobe Discordia

Delegates, it appears the vote on Minister Ralston's request is unanimous, in the negative.

I will draft our response to the Queen via her Minister. There will be no exceptions made to the free-fire zone around ANY facility controlled by Zoners. Bretonian ships will be shown the same courtesies as anyone else, but will not be allowed to violate our space for any military action whatsoever. We will see to the security of Zoner facilities ourselves.

Now, we've placed the discussion regarding a new location for the Council on hold long enough.

To me, the answer is obvious, but this Council needs to make it official. Gran Canaria has become less secure than we would like.

I therefore present the following Motion for consideration and immediate vote:

Should the Council of Zoners move its' Base of Operations to Corinth Research Station in Omicron 74?

Yea, or Nay?

Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Vendhyan
To: Chairglobe Discordia
Subject: Hightailing it out of dodge

Aye, lets get out of this war zone and into Corinth Research Station where guard vessels exist along with shinny minefields to disperse the tension.
I'll get to packing right after i get shaking and baking breakfast.

-Vendhyan
COMM ID: Kyte

TO: Zoner Council

RE: Bugging out.

I believe our best course is to move to a secure area. Sadly... the times they are a changin' and we must change with them. I am not sure if my voting status is active, but on the off chance that it is... I vote yea!

With respect,

Kyte
To: Mama Dis & The Council

I give my vote towards the move. I think we should be a little more mobile as group for security reasons anyway, so I'm all for this.
James Ralston, Bretonian Minister of Defense, lounging on a Gran Canaria beach, quite drunk, received a dispatch from the Zoner Council.

He read it, sighed, then handed it back to his aide.

"Regrettable, but understandable. Take a memo back, please."

He sat up, and rubbed his eyes, tried to sober up a bit.

"Ask them what specific considerations they could provide at Freeport One, specifically. The rest of the freeports can go hang, anyway. No pirates typically hide at those."

"I suppose our fallback request, which I ask you communicate to them, is to ask them what THEY can do to prevent pirates from hiding behind their coattails at Freeport One? I mean, hell, it must irk them as well."

He settled back down, and gave a final command to his subordinate as he scurried away.

"Put the ball in their court, see what they come up with. After all, they value their relationship with us, so they will come up with something."

New London gets little sun, and Ralston's resemblance to a beached whale was not pleasant.