Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**Incoming Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

This whole thing is a mess. Just recently the ZTC, OSI, and TAZ split off from the CoZ so that the could be "more independent" and "tend to their own needs." But wait, now they're all banding back together to form some Zoner Alliance club. And they've even sought it fit to create a little fan club for the independent Zoners that want to tag along, the ZUI.

But wait. Now we're going to have..what..at least 7 different groups of Zoners? So when the Corsairs want to talk to the Zoners as a whole, with whom do they speak? Does the ZA really expect these various groups to go around to all the different mini-councils and get a decision from all of them on a matter? That's not going to happen. Furthermore no one group can decide anything for all of the Zoners when we're all split up like this.

And you know what's really strange? This ZA has apparently promised to make 'dealing with the Treaty of Bethlehem' their first order of business. But what station does the Bethlehem treaty primarily affect? Freeport 1. But wait, who's the one who, day in and day out, actually guards Freeport 1? ME! Did anyone from this new 'Zoner Alliance' think to consult me? To get my opinion on what should be done? To even consider CONTACTING me before they told a Corsair elder that THEY were going to be the ones to handle this problem? NO!

So you know what? Screw this and screw their ZA. As far as I'm concerned, the Bethlehem treaty never existed, and I'm going to enforce Freeport 1's no-fire zone in the traditional way, as if none of that garbage ever happened. Furthermore, until this 'Zoner Alliance' can send down some guards to actually help out and enforce what they say they're going to impose, I'm just going to handle all of Freeport 1's diplomatic matters myself.

Oh, and unless I hear a good reason not to within 24 hours, I'm going to write up a happy little memo to the Queen, informing her that she can crumple up the Bethlehem treaty, then sit on it and spin until it disappears.

**Transmission ends**
Comm ID: RFS Freedom

We agree that this ZA is a sham, although our estranged cousin has unfortunately joined them. Let us continue on with business here.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
Alan Mosinger walks briskly into the council chambers, stands front and center and turns to face his peers. He pauses a moment to clean his glasses. He begins to speak. His voice echoing unaided throughout in the Council of Zoners chamber and the adjacent halls.

*Ahem* Good ladies and gentlemen of the Council. I stand before you (in person) a concerned delegate. As many of you have realized, a good portion of our number have left these halls. As demonstrated by the empty seats beside you now. We have lost great insight and wisdom from those who had it. This must be rectified. Although the reasons vary, on of the main purposes I feel, is that this council is no longer effective in dealing with diplomatic issues. Or rather, we're trying to please everyone else, more then we try to appease ourselves. In this way, we have alienated our closest brothers and sisters. In signing the recent Treaty of Bethlehem, we did achieve our goal of securing our freeports and the areas around it. However, in doing so, we had compromised our integrity with the Corsairs, and most likely, the Outcasts as well.

Pauses again to adjust his glasses.

I'll admit, that even though I voted for the policies, I did not foresee this troubling turn of events. The Zoner Alliance is not an act of defiance towards the Council. It is a symbol of what we are supposed to be... of who we once were! To strive for the betterment of our nation, united as a whole. To deny them of that right will surely bring about a civil war... one that will tear apart families and the hearts of zoners around the sector.

Alan stops, takes a breath to regain his composure.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Council, the damage has been done. Now is the time to repair. Wrongs must be righted, severed bonds; retied. We are merely people striving for our freedom. Freedom granted to us by those who have come before us. Let us continue on that path.

Turns to face the Chairwoman

Chairwoman Silvan, you are tasked in guiding and protecting this assembly. You were chosen because we value your wisdom and opinion. We look to you for leadership. When an agenda reaches the table, after you've presented it, voice your thoughts on it. It will not fall upon deaf ears.

Turns back to the rest of the assembly

I call to those who left this Chamber in despair, to return to these beloved halls once again. And I ask those who are currently abroad to return to this room. Just as they had done so when they became delegates. So that we may stand with each other, side by side.

We must unite once again, Ladies and Gentlemen. Unite and grow stronger. If we cannot, we are surely doomed.

Walks off to take his seat in chambers

I'm..more than a little disturbed by the lack of activity in this channel lately. Especially from the Chairwoman. Hello? Is anyone out there?

**Transmission ends**
<<Incoming Transmission>>
<Source: Saronsen Nighten, Commander of the Jinkusu, Paradise>
<<Playing>>

Hello Captain Trogdor.

<<End>>

We're still here! Our cousin might be joining them, but we haven't seen the fool in years.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
Comm ID: William Ironfoot
To: Council of Zoners

Chair and delegates,

While I was away on a long exploration mission the Council it seems had some sort of 'rift' that has split the Council's membership, I do no't know the full extent of the reasons for this or the extent to which personal 'politics' and ambition has played in this.

I will say this though, we are all Zoners whether in the ZA or CoZ and we should make decisions as one, we cannot afford to have two sets of rules and treaties with other factions and houses and certainly the other factions will at some point pick sides leading to chaos and maybe even bloodshed between Zoners.

I urge the new Chair and Council to put an end to this for the sake of all Zoners, put aside your personal differences and think of the bigger picture.

I wish to propose a vote that the CoZ take up the vacant seat for Independent Zoners on the newly proposed Zoner Alliance, re-uniting all Zoners. The CoZ can then replace the ZA proposed UIZ and have 1 vote which we can discuss internally in the council.

Will anyone else second me?

[Image: Ironfoot-2.png]

No. I'd sooner tear off my face and beat myself to death with my own face than do anything that would lend the ZA even an ounce of legitimacy at this point.

**Transmission ends**
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

Trogdor, that really is enough. You're rash comments are not helping matters one bit. Watch your tongue.

I will make an announcement shortly about everything that has happened, as well as a message to the 'alliance' from both a Chairperson's point-of-view and my own personal point-of-view.

I apologize for my absence, but I've not been feeling quite myself recently, so my activities have been rather restricted. I should be available again in a day's time.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission

First, as awful as it would be to see our cousin Victor take up a post as the Zoner Union of Independents Representative, you'd have to beat him to it if you want to take that place.

Second, while we would not use the same diction as Trogdor's statement, and will flat-out refuse to join the Zoner Alliance if such a merger were to occur. We will not make ourselves subject to the rule by the powerful few; it is contrary to everything our family believes in as well as what we as Zoners should represent.

-Jonah Robinson