Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Malaclypse

Thank you, Ms. Tate. I will also be monitoring the Council comms continually.

You bring up additional issues which are worth discussing. I assure you and the rest of the Council that if I find any TAZ members dealing in contraband, they will be expelled summarily. I don't need the bloody headaches, nor do our law-abiding TAZ members. There are plenty of profits to be made out there without tempting the Fates, or annoying the Hodgists.

I'm not aware of events in Theta regarding the two Zoners mentioned. If you'd care to elaborate, I'd appreciate it.

Mal
to: council of zoners

"keep in mind that what i know and write is only what i heard and not what i personally wittnessed. as far as i know, there was an incident that involved the exchange of weaponfire with a hellfire battleship and a bunch of corsairs. now - the asgard warrior make the rules in theta - and they... claim... to govern the whole system, as opposed to us regular zoners that only care for their stations. now, said parties appeared to violate the system rules - and somehow the zoner senya got involved in it.
she appeared in delta afterwards but did not say much about what happened. later on there was a lot of activity in the local channels about misuse of authority and such drama. i never cared too much to investigate, cause theta is not my business. the result of all the fuss was that the AW denied any authority of decission by the zoner senya - but the whole discussion was lost in corsair / hellfire drama - and at that time, it became less interesting than a soap opera.

now i am surprised her name appears again. it seems she has been quite.. ahh, busy recently.

again - keep in mind, this is only from listening to the local communication channels - no one bothered to encrypt them. so i am quite excited to hear the true story from those that were present there... .

E.Tate out"
Message to: Council of Zoners
Comm ID: Vendhyan, Freeport XV

I shall explain as requested my recent confrontation with Liberty Farces.

I tend to collect Nomad weapons every so often when i shoo those pesky Nomads asides
in the Omicron systems. Instead of simply discarding them i sell them to a reputable arms
dealer in NY. I make such trips once every old earth calendar month.
On this particular trip i passed through Alaska, jumped into NY system and entered cruise,
reached for the thermos of hot java and kicked my feet up. Then it all happened,
missile detection system turned on blaring in my ears and i dropped out of cruise.
I spilled the hot beverage on my lap and confusion set in. Not knowing what was going on,
alarms screaming in my ears i opened fire on the ship that shot the CD at me and dropped me out of cruise.
Unfortunately the pilot did not survive, his escape pod drifted into the mines.
Two other pilots were on my radar, i shot a few warning shots and they quickly vanished.
After my scheduled meeting with the arms dealer on my long trip back home i reflected.
It would be my best guess that Liberty Farces mistook me for a smuggler,
why they would fire first instead of opening comms with myself or even a trader
had it been one is beyond me. The only items in my cargo hold were weapons
and Nomad brains, I hold a "forum" SF license for transporting those, verification
can be found here.

I would also like to add that combined Liberty Farces are now considering Alaska
restricted space to anyone with exception of themselfs. Did they purchase this system?
Also what is SA doing in Alaska? Does SA not stand for Southern alliance meaning they patrol southern
Liberty space... Maybe i can sell them a map of the Sirius system, they might be in need of one...

I now quote my statement posted on the Security Farces comm system
in response to this incident.

Quote:Message to: Liberty Forces
Comm ID: Vendhyan, Freeport XV

This is simple gentlemen, i am a Zoner, have been for a very long time.
I fire only when fired upon or when protecting Zoner traders in the Omicron's.
I visited NY today on business, I visit once a month for an hour and have never had a problem before.
You fired upon me and brought me out of cruise, surprised by the event i fired back, and i shall do so every single time someone fires on me.
If you wish for me to stop, and query a conversation just say so over system comms instead of pressing the fire button.
Consider me hostile, add me to whatever list you want but know that i
never open fire first for i am a Zoner first and foremost.
The death of your pilot was the result of your own actions, and many deaths to come i predict if this is how you treat visitors.

-vendhyan

Also a link to the Liberty Farces initial post regarding this incident is here.

Thank you for your "deposition", Vendhyan. I must agree that at present, there seem to be many mixed signals, and no small amount of confusion coming out of Liberty. It troubles me that an apparent policy of "shoot first, ask questions later" seems to be in effect around Zone 21. I also share your concerns regarding whether Liberty should have authority in Alaska.

As Acting Chairman, I have invited a representative of Liberty's combined forces to present testimony and participate in Council deliberations. We shall see what comes of that invitation.

I would caution you, however, that as Registered Council Members, we should all be aware that flippant, tongue-in-cheek responses do not serve us well. I am sometimes guilty of such acts myself, due to my Discordian bent. These matters are serious, and could affect the future of all Zoners.

As soon as a Liberty "delegate" presents him or herself, I do believe the question of why you were interrupted without much warning or reason should be at the head of our agenda.

Do any other Members wish to comment in the interim?

"i must inform you, vendyan, that the SF license, which i also possess, is void in liberty space. i learned that the hard way. when i had a scheduled meeting with the CRI and a cargohold full of nomad samples ( which i can assure you were all lifeless and in a frozen state ) the LSF stopped me in california and forced me to deploy them at willard. needless to say, the CRI was most disappointed - especially as i recieved a note that the liberty willard institute is not at all cooperating with the other research facilities.

but that was a longer time ago. ever since i choose the omega route. - i was never told how to receive a liberty nomad license, - and believe there is none. liberty may aswell dish out "law" left and right - just as they like.

Jinx out"
To: Council of Zoners

"I entered the New York system after the battle against the Keepers ships in Delta for refitment of my bomber vessel.
My systems were a bit damaged after a recent Ionstorm and at the Alaska Jumpgate i encounter a LSF vessel which scanned me.
I proceeded to BS Missourie and suddenly this LSF hot-shot shouted out: 'We have a hostile zoner!'
I stopped in front BS Missourie and my bomber was destroyed by a mercenary gunboat.
I didn't fired a single shot and my cargo hold was empty.

And regarding this Lanehacker Battleship in Delta:
Why is a LH BS in this location anyway?
And why did this LH BS not help the Zoner/Corsairs joint forces in fighting against the Kepers ships?"

Senya out.

"LSF firing on you for no reason is troubling news. if you indeed had your hold empty and no contraband - the only crime you might have committed was to enter zone 21. however if they haven t stopped you - you hardly made a mistake. this incident MUST be investigated. the LSF cannot treat us like that and expect to be welcome in our installations.

about the hellfire battleship ( not lane hacker, but hellfire ) - it asked if it could use freeport 11 as a base of operations for their own nomad studies. now its the way of the zoners not to deny anyone our stations. i am well aware that the hackers or the hellfire legion was in some way "involved" in the harbinger incident - but nothing whatsoever has reached the public ears of how much they were actually involved.

i reminded them that we have a small safe zone around the station to avoid stray energy shots hitting the station ( 5k distance ) and that no weaponfire was allowed there. anything else is not our business.

Jinx out"

Most troubling..

Ms. Tate, I accept your explanation of the Hellfire craft's presence in the Delta System. We are all aware how misperceptions about motives and missions can arise. This seems like such a case.

Sister DeVille, I echo "Jinx's" concerns about your incident outside the Missouri. Whatever explanation the Liberty vessels gave you at the time does not satisfy me, and I hope will be questioned by this Council extensively if and when a representative of the Liberty Forces sees fit to address the issue.

I find it troubling that none of our other Council members have weighed in on this issue. Is this Council not worth their time nor consideration? Is this issue not of concern to all Members? It causes me serious concerns over the future of this body. I pray that you all consider the ramifications of these recent events, and present your comments and opinions.

Mal
The wall screen in the council chamber blinked to life, displaying an image of Leroy Fenning in his office.

"I currently have no comment on the issue at hand. Please forward the proceedings to me, and..."

the image of Leroy suddenly disappeared, leaving a view of an empty office. A few seconds later, the image reappeared, and began to speak with the same inflection and tone as before.

"I currently have no comment on the issue at ha..."

the image of Leroy flickered madly and the voice started again one last time, gradually growing slower and deeper...

"I cuurreeennnntlllyyyyy haaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvv..."

The image disappeared for the last time, showing only the silent, unoccupied office. After a few seconds, the wall screen quietly dimmed to black.
COMM ID: Cid

Hey, I DIDN'T do it this time.

But I do have to say that I go through those areas often, and with a slew of different cargo's too. I have not had this encounter, nor even more than a wing wave in Liberty since the last pie throwing contest. I am sorry to hear about your bomber friend. I am partial to those little beasts. Sucks to have one vaped. And by a merc, that really prolly never got paid either. Lame. Let me know if you need help getting re-equiped. My contacts are fairly fast and reasonably priced. Specially for us Zoners.

Who did this shooting first? This would be my first query. Was this a patrol? or a manned ship. Patrols do funny things in Liberty. I've had to save MANY a pilot in orbit around Manhattan becuase thier pilots keep trying to land on the planet without the assisstance of Mooring Fixtures. Rochester appreciates it when this happens. A manned ship is unexcuseable. And truly must be contained before open Zoner hunting starts.

Second to address the Nomads in Liberty. They of course don't want us bringing them more. Only living active Nomad Brains are desired in Liberty I have to think. I was turned away in my ship with a hold of Orgies, they said they weren't active enough for research. I am wondering if they haven't been once again taken over by these creatures. This is definitely worth more investigation.

I move to set up a team to investigate this further. To do some true research and bring proof (SS's) to back these claims and cations. We cannot be like the Libertines and act rashly. We are too invested in other projects to become so distracted. But I feel this is important enough to warrant close scrutiny.