Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
' Wrote:I apologize to the Council. I made a stipulation, but did not place same in the form of a motion. Bugger.

Moved: That voting rights on the Council of Zoners should be limited to Factions and Independents bearing both Zoner ID, and Zoner Affilliation.

There, that should do it.

Excellent. Would someone like to second the motion and bring it to a vote?
' Wrote:Excellent. Would someone like to second the motion and bring it to a vote?
..and by this logic we are "zoner affiliated" mercs, where are our voting rights?
The issue at hand is the 'Zonerness' of JG. While their neutrality, or should I say indifference to who they are hired by, cannot be ignored, are they Zoners? They are neutral mercenaries. Very neutral mercenaries, but are zoner mercenaries, as our friend here has said, an oxymoron? Perhaps. Perhaps not. The whole situation is rather iffy anyway.

The JG issue is very similar to the AW issue regarding their behavior and alignment. Should they be allowed to vote?

To reach this conclusion, I second this motion. But who will be allowed to vote on this? Just the zoners or all the representatives.
' Wrote:To reach this conclusion, I second this motion. But who will be allowed to vote on this? Just the zoners or all the representatives.

At the moment, only full Zoners, with both ID and affiliation. The AW, since they are, at least for the moment, the official guardians of the Zoners, will also get a vote. This vote will decide whether or not factions and individuals who remain affiliated with the Zoners but choose not to ID themselves as such will get a voting right on the council.

This is a very general vote. Even if it's voted that only fully affiliated and ID'd individuals and factions get the right to vote, I imagine that certain special cases could be granted such rights in the future, if the Council thought them worthy.

Alright, the motion has been seconded, it's now up to vote. As a general rule, should factions and individuals who bear a Zoner affiliation but not a Zoner ID be allowed to vote in the Zoner Council? Yay or Nay?
So the concensus is some factions can make the council without any scrutiny yet the others have to prive themselves. Pardon me, but the mediator is not doing a good job of identifying that or balancing this debate? If I am calling into question the concil membership of all "affiliated" members. Why is a faction that is under question voting?

' Wrote:So the concensus is some factions can make the council without any scrutiny yet the others have to prive themselves. Pardon me, but the mediator is not doing a good job of identifying that or balancing this debate? If I am calling into question the concil membership of all "affiliated" members. Why is a faction that is under question voting?

The Asgard Warriors have been considered Zoners for a long, long time. The Jupiter Guild has not. Whether or not AW continues to retain a vote on the council is a matter which I'm sure will be discussed, after this vote is completed.
' Wrote:Alright, the motion has been seconded, it's now up to vote. As a general rule, should factions and individuals who bear a Zoner affiliation but not a Zoner ID be allowed to vote in the Zoner Council? Yay or Nay?

Brother Isaac,

I have received no comments from my fellow TAZers on this matter. So, I must assume that they are delegating me the power to decide for the TAZ.

The TAZ votes Nay. No Council votes for a Faction or Individual member unless fully ID'd and affiliated. I will also stipulate that at present, due to my own addition, the AW is currently an exception to this motion, if passed.

I yield.
After much rumination on the matter, I vote Nay as well.

In a matter concerning AW, AW will get a delegate. As was said, exceptions will probably be made in the future for issues concerning other parties.
Leroy entered the council hall, looking a bit sheepish, then found his chair. "My apologies for being late," he said. He sat down quickly, wincing slightly as his middle-aged bones complained about the excuse, and started scanning through the meeting notes. His eyebrows popped up and down a few times as he read. After a while, he realized that everyone was waiting for him.

Leroy paused, then said slowly, "I'll spare you the long speech; I've kept the council waiting long enough already. But I am going to have to vote nay on the current motion."

"Well, perhaps I will say a little bit after all. The Zoners have always been somewhat divided: there's 'Zoners the people' and 'Zoners the organization.' The people come from all backgrounds, and do indeed include all sorts of civilians, traders, farmers, mercenaries, retired military personnel, explorers, engineers... we truly are a diverse group, and we all have our own reasons for choosing to live outside of the control of regulated systems. The organization of the Zoners, of which this council is a part, exists to protect the interests of those people.

"Individual people among the Zoners may or may not be neutral to the other factions in Sirius: the organization, however, MUST be, as well as its card-carrying members. We welcome all to live and work with us, but those who wish to represent the Zoners as an organization and political unit must be willing to abide by the standards and policies of that organization: including our policy of neutrality and non-aggression."

Leroy sat down. He hadn't even noticed he'd stood up. "That's all I have to say for now," he said.
"If i may, Brother Isaac,

"It appears this Body needs a Scribe of sorts. If there are no objections, I seem to have a Fnordette hovering behind my shoulder who has nothing better to do. I offer the services of F-23 Discordia."

*Oh, shut up, "Brother" Malsey. Yeah, I'll keep tabs for you gents.*

*On the Motion to allow full member and voting rights to the Jupiter Guild:*

AW:
TAZ: Nay

Sister Jinx: Abstains
Br Isaac:
Br Octavius: Abstains
Br Smiley: Nay
Br Leroy: Nay
Br Vehdhyan:
Br Grayson:
Br Tommy:
Br Defiler: Nay

*How about Brother Tarlkor Mori, Mr. Chair? He voted to convene, but is he allowed to vote on this bad boy?*, asked Mama Dis.