Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
to: the CoZ

"sorry, i m late - hope not too late. - i vote "yes" on both concepts - having read them and considering them both reasonable at that time.

E. Tate"
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

The results of the vote;

Liberty Treaty: 11 Yes, 1 No
Bretonia Treaty: 8 Yes, 3 No

Both treaties have been passed, and a signing ceremony with both governments to make this official will happen shortly at Bethlehem Station.

Since I'm only acting chairperson to fill in for Holiday, and haven't be elected to the position, I'm opening up the Council to nominations for the next chairperson. Minimum of two nominations required for each Chair candidate.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
Comm ID: RFS Freedom

Greetings. How long are the nominations open? I am currently coordinating with other members of the Council to decide on a delegate to nominate.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

For now there isn't any set time on nominations. I'd say two to three days as a maximum would be sufficient.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
Comm ID: J.Archer,
to: CoZ

delegates and acting chairman,

I would Nominate William Dumentris
he's an excellent diplomat, sometimes a bit slow,
but nobody is perfect.

signed J.Archer
**Incoming Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

This is absolutely absurd. Did you delegates actually, truthfully read what you just voted on?

Have any of you read my concerns? I doubt it, since no one has offered any counterargument.

I at first was skeptical of those whom had decided to leave this council. But over the last few days it's become abundandly clear that most of you people have your heads seated firmly up your own rectums.

The original Zoners became Zoners because they wanted to be independent from the House governments. Yet here we are, tying ourselves up with and giving away our sovereignty to them.

The one benefit we had from this whole Port Jackson thing was the payoff. But now we're throwing that right back at the Bretonian Government to pay for something that was already ours, regardless of how you word it.

And I can't wait for the dagger in the back we're going to get from our Edgeworld companions once they hear their allies are being apprehended inside once-safe NFZs by the LSF.

The first thing on the new Chairman's agenda should be to strike down this pile we just passed. Then again, not that it'll matter much, since with the ZTC, the TAZ, and ZAS all leaving and doing their own thing now, we don't really have much of a Council left, do we?

**Transmission ends**
Comm ID: RFS Freedom

We nominate delegate Trogdor for the Chairman position.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
**Incoming Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

As I understand a delegate needs two nominations to become a proper candidate, I hereby nominate myself and accept my own nomination for candidacy.

Here's hoping my fellow delegates come up with some other seriously worthy candidates as well.

**Transmission ends**
Incoming Transmission....Comm ID Taylor Davis
Zoner Council Decryption protocol activated....
Channel Open...

Madam Chair, fellow delegates,

I hereby nominate Aurelia Silvan for chairperson. She has filled in admirably since the unfortunate illness of Doc Holliday, and I have every confidence that she would continue to perform well if elected in her own right.

Captain Trogdor,

We are indeed giving up some things in the treaties, but we are getting far more in return than we are giving up. In reality, very few criminals would flee through or into our NFZs. If they do, they deserve what they get for bringing trouble to our doorsteps. Our Edgeworld companions don't even come near Freeport 2 or Ames Research station, and those that frequent Freeport 1 know better than to try to use it as a shield or a base of operations. If they do not know better, they should, as we have made it abundantly clear in the past. The Outcasts' allies have their own bases throughout Liberty, they don't need ours.

Our NFZs were never intended to be a shield for anyone other than ourselves and our stations. They were never intended for anyone to hide in. That some have used them this way in the past was wrong. These treaties make that even clearer than it once was. Surely you didn't mean our NFZs should be used as a "get out of jail free card" for criminals or as a place where the authorities such as the LSF should come to escape persecution from their enemies, did you? That is not what our NFZs are for.

If you read these treaties, it is going to be fairly difficult for the Liberty or Bretonian forces to actually excercize their rights under the treaties, as they will have to provide proof before apprehending any criminals inside the NFZ, and then actually find a criminal dumb enough to be there. I have met many people the Houses would consider criminals (mostly Corsairs), and none of them have been that dumb. I have no doubt there are some who are, but not only are they deserving of what they get if they are, the smart criminals will be happy to have them out of circulation.

Along these lines, we should open a separate channel each for Liberty and Bretonia to provide evidence of lawbreakers so that they submit it before taking actions.

I agree that this Council must walk a fine line between maintaining order, and becoming too Houselike, but we are still on the correct side of the line. I humbly suggest that if you do not believe in this Council that there are two possible responses: Leave, or try to make things better. I intend to try to make things better, and, though we may have our differences of opinion, I sincerely hope that you choose this option as well. I do not mean to imply that the Zoner Factions chose the wrong course, far from it. They did what they felt was right, as we all must.

I yield the floor.
-Galen Watson; Transmission Received-
-Diplomatic Credentials Received-

Oh my...

Whats this? We need a new chairman, already it seems. And with the negotiations with the QCP about to enter swing again. Well, why not I say.

I'll nominate myself then, since there are few candidates of measure left.

-End Transmission-