Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gentlefolk,

I have just read the heartbreaking report by Delegate Lightwing regarding another treacherous and murderous attack on Freeport 9 by a "Ghost.Ship"-tagged vessel.

This will not stand. I am using the Chair's authority to declare any and all ships tagged "Ghost.Ship" as Hostile. Their status will be published for all Sirius to see immediately.

Delegates, please do all in your power to send these monsters back across the river Styx permanently.

To: Council of Zoners
Subject: Agenda

Great Council,

referring to my rather silent work for the SHIZL I would like to add one topic more to our agenda. I hope that the Council can approve a fourth section in the official Zoner Policies, which is dearly needed if we take into account that the misuse and theft of certain Zoner ship types has increased recently. Therefore I would like to propose the following addition to our policies:

Section IV - Restricted Vessels

1. Every ship of the following types ...
- Zoner "Jinkusu" Class Juggernaut
- "Aquilon" Class Zoner Carrier
- "Corvo" Class Zoner Deep Space Explorer
- Zoner "Fearless" Destroyer
- Zoner Borderworld Transport "ZBT-100Z 2"
is restricted according to the ID descriptions above for Zoner usage only.

2. Exceptions to this rule can be approved only by the Council of Zoners (CoZ)

3. Every violation is considered by the Zoner Community to be theft, and subject to investigation, evaluation, and possible remedial action by the Council of Zoners (CoZ)

Please note that this version contains this Council to decide on excpetions and related issues, which would require common and effective procedures. See clauses 2 and 3. If this should not be accepted a further version would replace the Council as a whole by the SHIZL, so we should vote on two alternatives here.

Sincerely,
Louisa
Inteesting Amendment suggestion, Delegate Salome.

Added to Agenda, and carried forward:

Working Agenda:

Item 1: Discussion of TBH "Counterproposal. (Ambassador Holliday)
Item 2: Invitiation to Admiral Seith to address the Council. (Delegate Salome)
Item 3: Ratification "Convention". (Delegate Duke)
Item 4: Use of Freeport 10 by Highland Security. (Chair)
Item 5: "Penal Code" for NFZ Violations. (Delegate Duke)
Item 6: Amendment to Official Policies. (Delegate Salome)

That should give us enough to work with for now, Delegates.

Please adjourn to Closed Chambers for an informal discussion of Item 1 only. I have contacted Elder Sephardi. He indicates that he will be available to join us in Closed Chambers on Friday, if that is acceptable.
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: Mal and delegates

Friday? I am good with that. If it's possible, we can discuss other issues that don't involve other groups. Either way, Friday it shall be. Any amendments to my proposal please let me know. I update the document as I get them.

-Doc
A reminder, Delegates,

Elder Sephardi is scheduled to "visit" us in Closed chambers tomorrow at 1600 SMT to hear our counterproposal to The Brotherhood.

I foresee no delays or problems currently, but be advised that the ZRT and all Delegates should be on High Alert, due to the unfortunate and tragic incident at Freeport 9 earlier today.

Will all Zoners who were present at the time please submit your guncam footage, reports and testimony over the proper frequency as quickly as possible! Ambassador Holliday needs to review the evidence before submitting a formal diplomatic protest to leaders of the Omega Pirates Guild.

The sooner we investigate the incident and receive a satisfactory explanation, the better.
CommID: John Bess

I have some footage of the fightings within the NFZ but no valid data on the attacks on Freeport 9 itself nor on my vessel.
Fortunately we docked in time an my crew could help the repair teams to maintain the damage.
Fellow Delegates,

Welcome back from our brief adjournment.

There has been quite a bit of chatter over our various comms channels... reports of stolen vessels, random and senseless attacks by these "Ghosts", reports of fierce battles in Omega 50, and yet another attack by the insane and reidiculously stupid Corsar Grimly.

But, we must remain focused and on Agenda. We are gathered to review and discuss the final draft of the proposal between the Council and the Brotherhood.

Here is the revised document. Elder Sephardi of the Brotherhood has reviewed this draft, and feels he does not need to meet with us again in closed session. However, if there are questions from the Floor on this revision, we are at liberty to request his presence again.

The Floor is now open for final comments and discussion on this Final draft. Then I would like to commence voting on the proposal no later than Monday noon.

*Transmitting document*

Brotherhood Counterproposal

Scope: An arrangement for the Corsair Brotherhood and Zoners living on and working around planet Gran Canaria living in common space.

I. Zoners:

The Zoners, neutral to all factions and houses and owners of the area of space known as Omega 49 which contains the planet of Gran Canaria, Planet Fuertaventura, Lanzarote Base, the niobium fields of the Barrier Nebula around the Dublin Jumphole and the ice fields that encompass the Omega 50 and Omega 47 Jumpholes, offer the following to the Corsair residents who have lived on and continue to live on Gran Canaria:

-Food at a discounted rate. This arrangement will also include the shipping of discounted food to planet Crete in the Omicron Gamma system.
-Consumer Goods: We produce a limited amount of these so they have to be shipped in.
-Medical Supplies: Pharmaceuticals, first aid and equipment.

The Council of Zoners also invites and encourages Brotherhood traders to engage in establishing trade routes and markets to become self-sufficient as a people.

-Omicron 91 The Council of Zoners will draw up a list of transports interested in trading into the Omega 91 system. (With the exception of Rhodes Shipyard) These ships once vetted will be given permission to trade in O91.

-Omicron 74 - In exchange, Brotherhood traders will be allowed access to Freeport 15; and may be provided limited access to other stations with advance notice and permission of the Council of Zoners.

II. Corsairs:

The Corsair Brotherhood, residents of Omega 50 with influences within the Omega and Omicron sectors, offer to provide assistance regarding diplomatic matters with other recognized Factions of the Corsair nation.
-We also request some artifacts for research. While an immediate number is unknown at this time, our research department will let us know what is needed.
-Elder Miguel Sephardi will be fully recognized as an ambassador for the Brotherhood unless he otherwise appoints someone else.
-The Brotherhood agrees to abide by Council of Zoners Official Policies at all times. While the Council of Zoners has certain business arrangements with other parties within Omega 49, the Brotherhood is not bound by those arrangements except as a matter of courtesy to the Zoner Community.

III. Final Thoughts: While the Brotherhood initially sought to be appointed as protectors, we feel that just their presence in trade routes will accomplish this. We Zoners generally handle our own security needs at our many bases around Sirius. By appointing one group as protectors, enemies of that faction may label us as enemies as well, which is something we cannot afford. We desire to live in peace together for years to come.

//signed (CoZ)
//signed (TBH)
**Incoming Transmission**

To: The Council of Zoners

Message reads:

Since I will be out of touch for some important business, I have no more comments on this draft and vote a yea on submitting it to Elder Sephardi

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**
Incoming Holo Transmission
Source: Ames Research Station docking bay 2, shipname: Golden.Retriever
Zoner Comm Signature detected...Decoding encryption...Decoded.
Sender: Taylor Davis...Delegate status recognized
Transmission Accepted...Entering queue and awaiting floor status...
Floor Status Granted. Begin...

[The picture shows a young man with mostly Kusari features, but a trace of something else. He appears to no older than 21 years old. He has black hair, trimmed neatly and well groomed. He is wearing a standard flight suit. Those in the know recognize the background as the bridge of a Conference class Gunboat, currently empty except for the speaker. The voice is clear and of a medium pitch. He speaks no faster or slower than seems necessary.]

Mr. Chairman, Fellow Delegates, I thank you for recently accepting my application and am glad for my first opportunity to address the rest of the Council. I regret I couldn't be present for the closed session with Elder Sephardi, but the summary I received was quite positive. He seems a very reasonable man that will make an excellent ambassador from the Corsair Brotherhood.

The Corsairs are our neighbours in more than one system, and as such it is essential that we have beneficial and peaceable relations with them. The proposal currently under discussion is very good and should go a long way towards accomplishing that. I am not sure that I personally will be interested in trading into Omicron-91, but it is a sign of trust that the Brotherhood is willing to allow us in. There is always the concern that becoming closer to one group will bring us further away from their enemies, but I believe that this proposal strikes the right balance between our two groups without alienating any others.

It is true that the Brotherhood and Elder Sephardi do not represent all Corsairs, but having such an agreement with one group should make it easier to secure similar relations with the others, if desirable and possible, and my own opinion is that we should.

My recommendation at this time is to ratify this proposal, unless serious objections arise in the course of discussion. Thank you. I yield the floor to the next speaker.

Transmission Ended, frequency monitoring enabled.
Comm ID: RFS Freedom
To: The Council

Please excuse our brevity; we are currently planning an operation to establish a human settlement in Omicron Lost and are busy making preparations.

However, we find the recent version of the agreement to be much more palatable, and so long as no Zoner is forced to trade, we have no objections.

We are prepared to cast our ballot once a vote has commenced.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew