Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: J.Archer
Subject: party,transponder,test

Greetings council,delegates,brothers and sisters,

a few days ago my final transponder has been brought to Freeport 1,
the order engineers installed this type of hardware on the ship,
now my transponder is fixed and stating Zoner Guard, my ship is finally complete
by that me and my crew is giving a celebration party on freeport 1, all Zoners are welcome to
join the party,

Captain Rashida my crew is ready to test if 5k or 6k is better for the safety of freeport 1,
till then the 6K range still counts for Freeport 1

****all messages of J.Archer and R.Archer are coded and and stored at grancanaria****
to: council of zoners

encryption enabled.....

"we might have run into a sticky situation - so i do seek council. - one of our laws was violated by a corsair capital ship of cruiser class near freeport 11. - testimony was given about the incident and a bounty has been placed on the head of the violator.

naturally, the corsairs have closed in - and resented to their usual tactic ... threats. question is - should we give in and remove the bounty? or stick to the bounty. the corsairs also claim that they haven t seen any food convoys lately anymore, which is funny - cuase our logfiles show at least 1 transport / day that goes to crete with food supplies.

so, dear council - how much do we enforce our laws and how much do we bend to threats.

E.Tate out"

commander of the Alcmaria Vitrix,
Guard of Freeport 1

To: Council and miss Tate,

Council and miss Tate,

the situation has gone stickey as you noted,
as we give in on the "usual" tactic, others could consider us as weak,
this are the moment the council has to show her might and pride,
I suggest we talk to the leader of the HAF group, and let them pay the damage that has done to on freeport 11, if payed, then sign of the bounty
they can make threads, but we can punch harder,

Signed,

J.Archer,
to: the council

"i have currently put the bounty on a halt. - we may show patience and wait for the HAF to respond. - however, i do not really suggest to give in - if we give in to threats - ... the further path will be layed with threats when dealing with the corsair warchiefs.

so - i d say, we give the responsible captain some time to respond to the damands in a reasonable way - possibly a totally voluntary and generous contribution to the Baffin temple or the effords on gran canaria would be appreciated - along with the necessary repair bill that needs to be payed on freeport 11 .... of course.

if the captain agrees to these terms - the bounty will of course instantly be lifted and no word will be spoken about it again .... for now.

if however - the captain fails to respond, the bounty will be put in place again.

E.Tate out"
Comm ID: Malaclypse

Delegates, as I stated in my reply to Elder Globalo, I fully concur with this bounty.

Why should Zoners even be required to reach this level of response? I would think that the Corsair Coalition should be conducting its own investigation of this incident, rather than resorting to threats against our Freeports.

Perhaps, a cooler and wiser head in the Brotherhood can answer these questions. I hereby request and invite Elder Sephardi to address this Council regarding the allegations against the vessel HAF|Sir.Dark.

And, as pointed out elsewhere, the next violation of Freeport Security might place a Corsair visitor at risk. We need to present a united front on our Freeport Laws. They apply to everyone, and no favoritism or exceptions should be considered or allowed.
to: Corinth, Council of zoners

encrypted

"i have decided to activate the bounty again. - the outstretched hand for a peaceful solution was not taken - the time of patience was not used by any HAF| member to establish contacts with the council, the mercenary channel or my personal channels.

since threats were made - i advice all zoner vessels to proceed with utmost caution - and possibly stop convoys to crete for some time due to the danger of approaching crete planets and installations. - this is currently still a freeport 11 matter - but it also creates a precedent about our policies. - we must not be intimidated by threats - and we will not activly fight back - however, i think its reasonable to keep a watchful eye on the scanners and treat corsair contacts as possibly unfriendly for now.

those waves will calm down - i will order the freeport 11 transport to crete tomorrow to check out the how the corsairs react to food shipments - that is ... react to something they are in dire need of."
Incomming transmission
ID: Oren Sheppard
To:Zoner council

Hello fellow Zoners
I delivered a shipment of food and polymers to Crete today and was welcomed kindly by corsairs, though the ones that met me were not of HAF group. As I was passing through Omicron Gamma a little bit later i noticed that there seems to be some fighting betwean corsair groups. I witnessed a ship belonging to a memeber of HAF being destroyed by a member of OPG and some heated system wide communications followed.

Oren Sheppard
Comm ID: Malaclypse,

Fellow Delegates, I'm sorry for the delay in responding here, but I have been in private communications with Elder Sephardi regarding this recent mess in Omicron Theta.

What it boils down to is this. Both Corsairs and Bounty Hunters have legitimate concerns about our Freeports being used as "staging areas" for hostilities against each other.

Both groups have also been guilty of violations of the Freeport "no-fire" zones.

The only viable solution to this is to treat both groups equally. This will require more assets from our Community to monitor the situation, but Elder Sephardi assures me that mostbunall Corsairs will abide by our agreement if the Bounty Hunters wil accede to the terms as well.

Here is the proposal I made to Elder Sephardi. From this point forward, NO group or faction will be allowed to use Freeport 5, Freeport 9, or Corfu Station for the staging of attacks on each other. Any documented evidence that our facilities are being used for this purpose will result in the permanent ban of the offending pilots, regardless of their affilliation.

If this proposal is accepted by the Council, Elder Sephardi has agreed to make reparations out of his own pocket to repair the damage done to Freeport 11. Madame Tate, if you wish to have Freeport 11 included in this arrangement please let me know.

Delegates, this matter is rather urgent so I move for an immediate vote on the proposal. It will require more dilligence on our part to monitor our facilities for violations; but I think this is the best course of action for all concerned.

Is there a second to the motion? Time is of the essence.
--Incoming Transmission--
--ID: Captain Rashida of the Gremlyn--

Wearing overalls covered in grease stains, Rashida stands before the camera,

"I would like ta second Mal's proposal on on condishun: da restricshun on basin' assault forces is extended ta encompass all Freeports an' Zona bases. Allowin' anyun' ta base dere fleets offa our 'omes merely promotes bad feelin's amongst dere enemies...an' I's sure we'd all prefer dat bad feelin' not ta be directed against us."

A shower of sparks erupts from the right from off-camera. She cringes, slightly, before turning back, "Old on, I gorra go...someone's been messin' wi' me main drive..." turning her head to the side, "Oi! Watcha think ya doin' ova dere! Dat dun' go dere..."

--Transmission Ends--
Incoming Transmission
ID: Guardship Furball
To: Council

I second the proposal and would like to thank Malaclypse and Madam Tate for their efforts in this matter.
The Fearless Destroyer Furball has today been dispatched to Corfu Base to monitor the situation.

Furball out.