Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Comm ID: Furball
To: Council

I too have a few concerns about this, what exactly does "primary defence interdiction" mean? especially for a group who according to neural net sources have pretty much given up terrorism in favour of good old fashioned piracy so Dr Mazursky's point is well made and if "defence interdiction" equals piracy of individuals, groups or larger organizations who might turn on Zoners in retaliation then we're in for some trouble.
As for payment in credits, diamonds or weapons, are they having a laugh? We already own or have easy access to the finest weapons in all of Sirius, Diamonds are soooo last year's thing and I personally have enough credits to buy Pacifica Base including contents fixtures and fittings.
As I see it we stand to lose more than we gain from this arrangement unless the Unioners come up with a better offer, if they don't I'll be voting nay.

Furball Out.
Comm ID: J.Archer
Chairman of the Zoner Council.

I have send an private message to the Representative
of the Unioner Council,

here is the message reply:

Gutentag Herr Archer,

Those who have doubts among your delegates may refer to our diplomatical stance against Zoners as a whole. We have decided not to harass any Zoner independently of their organizations.

The war between Rheinland and Liberty is close and incursions into Bering from both sides has a high probability. We may even protect Zoner convoys within Bering from a bungled up situation, should the necessity arise.

Our fleet currently needs 2 of your gunboats to be used as defensive fire support units in Bering and adjoining sectors.

As a final note, I would like to remind you that Unioners will not open fire on any Zoner unless we are being fired on by them or we spot them in collusion with our foes.

Andreas Proll, Council of Unioners

it seems they only need 2 gunboats, we could state in the purchase terms, cannot be used for piracy if caught the ships will be destroyed on sight,

that seems reasonable for me,
current voting talley
Yay: 6
Nay: 3
--Incoming Transmission--
--ID: Rashida--

An asteroid field, surrounded by a blue nebula cloud appears, the feed rolls on for about half a minute, the nebula gently swirling around the asteroids, several small particles bounce off an invisible screen in front of the camera. Eventually, Rashida stumbles on from the side, hastily adjusting the dripping wet gown she is wearing. Tossing her soaked hair over her shoulder, she begins:

"Wassis all about, Unioners buyin' our ships? Hmm...well...Fro' one side, 't seems like dat'd be good business fer us, see. Dey pays us money an' we gives 'em ships...fing is, dese is ships o' war, an', no matter 'ow much dey assues us dey ain't gonna use 'em agin' us, 'ell, even ifn dey grants us full rights ta use dere bases an' replace dere merchants, da main issue is dat da fings what is gonna be seen is da use o' our ships ta attack people, cos dis is what dey's gonna be used fer...ya dun' buy guns an' keep 'em on the shelf, yaknow? An', ifn our equipment is used agin' someone, it's pretty obvious 'oo they bought it from, right?

"I's finkin' dis is gonna be bringin' us an 'ellova lot of 'eat down on us. Right now, Freeport 2 bees in a tricky situation, what wiv dem Libertonians blockin' da import o' any an' all supplies to it...we dun' want da Rheinlanders on our case as well, or it's gunna be cut off entirely, an' that ain't jus' gonna be bad fer us, dat's gunna be bad fer those as shop dere, what includes them Unioners...see wha' I's sayin'?

"As such, I 'as ta vote 'nay' fer da sellin' o' Gunboats ta dose as intends ta use 'em agin' anyone else, sides from Nomads or Wild...which includes dese guys, ifn I understands right. It could 'ave too much negative impact on our standin'."

She looks back towards where she came from, "Oi, yer takin' me spot, gerroutofit!" She runs back out of shot, and the feed cuts out.
Comm ID: J.Archer,
Chairman of the Zoner Council,

people we need more votes,

there are just a bit less then 3 hours to go before Voting Closes,

an other thing this is an very profitable route for us, it aint perfectly politcly correct but it makes good profit thanks to our deuterium,

trade route:
Planet Gran Canaria (O 49) Deuterium >>Dabadoru Station (O Delta)

Dabadoru Station(O Delta) Prisoners >>Siracusa Base (O Eta)

Siracusa Base (O Eta) Black Market Munitions >>Fort McMurray (Alberta)

Fort McMurray (Alberta) HFuel >>Belfast Production Facility(newcastle)

Belfast Production Facility(Newcastle) Ship Hull Panels >>Planet Gran Canaria(O 49)

end profit: 25,5 million credits when in an ship with 5000 units of cargo space.

I have a very good idea, lets sell them 1 gunboat, if they use it for
piracy then we tow it back to where it came from, we give them an 1 month trial period, if they fail to keep it under our rules, we tow it back.

signed J.Archer
to: the council

"i don t really understand that problem there. - the gunboat we build is meant for the open market - isn t it? - we must get back to what others expect from us. - we extend the hand of business to them - if they work against us... - there will be a reckoning.

we have the means to let fire rain down on them.. and we don t even need to do it ourselves if we nudge a string here or a string there.

these gunboats are build by us - they use our technology. - they are advanced and cannot easily be reverse engeneered. - if we experience "problems" with a customer - we can start giving him a bit trouble reparing their ships.

if the trouble keeps coming - we can ask the guild to make a point.

if all fails - we ll send some guards and "take back what is ours". - but i wouldn t like it to get so far. it usually is enough to simply dry them out on the goods they so much need.

we gotto remind our policy. - from all the targets around sirius, we must remain the one that is the least comfortable to attack... when they weigh up the gains and losses with us - the gains must be greater. - and as long as the gain is greater .. why should there be an attack - it would be like chopping your own hand off.

a ship that is sold gains the station 30.000.000 credits - possibly even more when they need repairs and weapons. - that is enough money to build 3 more of them to sell ..

E.Tate"
Transmission Source: Council of Unioners
To: Council of Zoners

Interdiction of passing by shipments in Bering is one of the major defensive duties we have to perform. I fear we may not come to a point of agreement under such restrictions as Herr Archer offers.

Andreas Proll, Council of Unioners
Comm ID: J.Archer

to: Zoner Council
cc: Unioner Council

brothers sisters and felllow delegates,

thanks to miss Tate I made the following decision, we granted permission
here is the message I send towards the Unioner Council:

Guttentag meine Damen und Herren

this is the official statement of the Zoner Council,

You have been granted 2 gunboats,

the technology of that ship is very difficult
and only Zoners could repair it.

enjoy your new defence ships, We have them ready at Ames research station, after payment is done there,

J.archer Out
[font=Fixedsys]From: Werner Mazursky
To: Persephone-II-
CC: Council of Zoners
Topic: Gunboat contract discussions

[font=Palatino Linotype]
Dear Madam,

Although the voting has been closed and the decision taken, I just took the liberty of writing again, as a reponse to the question stated at the beginning of your post. We may treat it as a seed of a more general discussion, dedicated more for the future considerations.

In very short words: the problem is that relations between factions in Sirius are not bilateral, but multilateral. The agreements we sign (or cancel if they are not fulfilled), may influence our relations with different factions, not only the ones being sides of the contract. This is where my concerns lie.

In this particular case (Unioners), maybe there is in fact no problem. Maybe we won't face any repercussions from the Rheinland forces, let us all hope so. Just for purposes of considering eventual future contracts of this type, I propose to take into account the aspect of the multilateral relations.

Respectfully,
Werner Mazursky

' Wrote:from: Persephone-II-
to: the council

"i don t really understand that problem there. - the gunboat we build is meant for the open market - isn t it? - we must get back to what others expect from us. - we extend the hand of business to them - if they work against us... - there will be a reckoning.

we have the means to let fire rain down on them.. and we don t even need to do it ourselves if we nudge a string here or a string there.

these gunboats are build by us - they use our technology. - they are advanced and cannot easily be reverse engeneered. - if we experience "problems" with a customer - we can start giving him a bit trouble reparing their ships.

if the trouble keeps coming - we can ask the guild to make a point.

if all fails - we ll send some guards and "take back what is ours". - but i wouldn t like it to get so far. it usually is enough to simply dry them out on the goods they so much need.

we gotto remind our policy. - from all the targets around sirius, we must remain the one that is the least comfortable to attack... when they weigh up the gains and losses with us - the gains must be greater. - and as long as the gain is greater .. why should there be an attack - it would be like chopping your own hand off.

a ship that is sold gains the station 30.000.000 credits - possibly even more when they need repairs and weapons. - that is enough money to build 3 more of them to sell ..

E.Tate"
Imporant Level: Very High
security level: Extreem high

Uncoding.......

Decoded......

Starting Message:

To: Corsair Elders,
cc: Zoner Council.

Subject: [M.B]

Hola Senors and senoritas of the Corsair Elders,

I have very disturbing news about an group sailing under the corsair flag
i was starting my normal patrol as usual, the run into a member of the [M.B]
he instantly demanded Credits of my ship and was threating with death, he
didn't said Hola, what is normal when I see corsairs, then he started to countdown and
attacked my beautiful fearless, I ordered my crew Defense!!, after an few minutes he almost had to use
his escape pod but he run for its life,

when returning on Freeport 1 area, I saw 2 bombers and 1 Gunboat class ship hoovering around Freeport 1,
claiming it is theirs, that is an act of war by that group, non the less I answered that fp1 is an Zoner base guarded by me, they kept saying that i have to leave or they open fire.

at that point an Freelancer came near fp1 and they turned their hostility on him, as guard I defended Freeport 1 Laws and did what the rules said, they where hardly removed from the FP1 NFZ, they managed to destroy that freelancers ship,

an other Freelancer with an conference class ship came to help me, we successfully destroyed the gunboat,
the bombers noticed that and started the "Run for your life" procedure .

now. I hope the elders can take measures against such loosbanded people, the last thing I want is an war with the Corsairs.

for now the [M.B] group is declared S.o.S near freeports.

thank you for your attention

J.Archer
Chairman of the Zoner Council

to all Zoner gaurd ships, currently the [M.B] group with variations such as [[M_B]] [MB] [[M.B] are declared SOS.