Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To: Council of Zoners
COMM ID: William Ironfoot

I have been an advocate of a Zoner defence force for a while now and wish to reitterate my offer of supplying a Destroyer sized vessel to provide a speedy response to any crisis.

Also I DO think it is a good idea to have tags, the previous idea of a roster held on a spreedsheet is far too complicated in my opinion, if you are a trader and under attack you don't want to be refering to documents to find out if there is anyone that can help you or randomly messaging people. I suggest a tag that as previously mentioned could go at the end of your vessel's name, my idea is "ZG" for Zoner Guard of "ZDF" for Zoner Defence Force. * For well known factions like the TAZ this is probably not needed as all Zoners are familiar with them already.

As for who patrols where, it is probably a good idea for us to make a quick assessment of the areas that need help the most for example O49 is clearly in need of help , a few days ago there was 3 Corsair gunboats pirating in there and also the Omicrons need protecting from fools like "BigBully", the rogue Bounty Hunter.

Surely once we have a list of places that need protecting we can then decide who is doing what.
Ahem. The reason I proposed an optional tag, was for coordination purposes... Not all of us have SKYPE communications, and of those of us who do, not all of us can use them in space (I fall into the latter category).
Apart from that caveat, I fully approve of Aurelia Silvan's set up. Much more well thought out than mine.
I vote yes.

Oh bummer, seems that I failed the vote, my apologies but I was unavailable in a space region where the comms dont go trough.

Zoners Guard, as in ZG, as a sufix, is pretty inocous and could save a bit of problems for those in need.

I will move the Determinance wherever it will be needed the most. Just sugest and Ill be on my way.
Comm ID: Chairman Mal

First off all.. Delegate... *fumbles through notes...* uhh.. Delegate Melliar, as you are new to the Council, it would be appreciated by the other Members if you would identify yourself when attending "holographically". Especially when the images and sound are rather "fuzzy" due to distances or interference.

Secondly, there is currently no voting being done, or even a Motion before the Council. At present, we are merely discussing our options for Freeport Security and "threat response".

Let me see if I can render the current souffle of ideas into its component ingredients, to make for easier digestion. There are a number of different issues involved. I see no reason why they cannot be combined in one motion, but each will require an individual vote:

A) Should vessels tasked with "Response" be tagged for easy identification, and should such tagging be mandatory or optional?

B) Should Delegate Silvan's proposed "Log" be continued to identify voluntary assets to a Response Team? and, if so,

C) Should that information be public knowledge; or confined only to the Council, Zoner Factions, and trusted Independent Zoners?

So, Delegate Mellian, it is not a simple "yes" or 'no" vote at this time, and this is not a motion from the Chair.. just a clarification or "rephrasing" of this complex matter as I see it. It is up to the Council if they wish to move and vote on these issues separately or as a "package".
*Cough Cough Cough*.........*click*..*clcik*....*shwww*............*Cough Cough Cough*

Well, fellow delegate, I am going to refrain from discussing the particulars of the logistics of this matter. I am going to interject that I do not have combat ships to put to this task, nor would I if I had them. In my belief, our job, and the reason for the NFZ's is the protection of our stations. I for one, and I may be in the minority, dont believe the way to minimize the risk to our stations is to add more big guns to the equation. I do not say this to sway, or to pressure, or to convince you all of another path, but merely to remind us of some of the less voiced feelings of some of our more pacifist members.

My thanks for the time,

Lev

Let's move toward a vote, fellow delegates...
Should a Zoner Response Team be formed, tag optional, and Silvan's log be used to identify and manage team members?
I propose we vote on the above issue. Do I hear a second?
From: Yev Lightwing of the Zoner Trading Consortium (]c[)
To: The Zoner Council

As to Lev's concerns: The assembly of a Response Team does not equate militia. It is simply a rooster of all pilots volunteering their support toward emergency threats upon other Zoner pilots. If you are attacked by Pirates, for example, you would call upon the Response Team for aid.
To: Council of Zoners

Great Council,

the ZTC will support any operations covered by this council, though we cannot agree with the motion to tag our callsigns for a characteristic radar display. To be honest, I myself would call any Zoner regardless of his callsign for help in times of emergency, and this is the best approach the ZTC can support in order to prevent retarding procedures when immediate help is needed - all of our members can be called for assistance, anytime, in any system. Our pilots will mostly help with their fighter or bomber class vessels, since every ZTC member has to maintain at least one fighter, but depending on the threat level and the experience of certain pilots we could also participate with gunboats or larger vessels. There are limits of course, because our vessels are currently based at Freeport 9 and Freeport XV which will impact our response time, but gathering experience with identifying hot spots we will be able to reassign our launch coordinates if needed.

Sincerely,
Louisa Salome
Comm ID: Ivan.Ilyich
Source: Planet Toledo, Omicron Minor (secure onboard console)
Destination: Council of Zoners
Encryption Level: 4

As peace loving as we Zoners may be, sometimes it is necessary to wield the big guns ourselves rather than pay others to wield them for us. If we cannot defend ourselves and enforce the few rules we have, we will be slowly eaten away.

Now for our opinions:
A) Suffix tags would be helpful, ZDF or ZG as previously suggested, but those already affiliated with a Zoner group needn't have any.
B) A station by station listing would be beneficial yes. More along the lines of, based at station x, patrols systems x, y, and z.
C) The list should be publically available for active defense units. Of course, we needn't reveal how many Juggernauts are ready to sweep into Theta or anything like that, but the list is only a "who to call when security is needed" type of thing.

While my crew and I cannot be called upon to defend, as the transport is set up only to fend off a handful of fighters while fleeing, we are willing to sponsor the construction and operation of a destroyer-class vessel. Specifications can be sent to Livadia within a few days, allow a few weeks for construction and training as well.

-Mr. Ilyich
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday

Delegates,

I think the response team is not only a good idea but necessary. The Big Bully incident in Delta is a fine example of it as is the piracy in 49. For voting purposes, I vote "YEA" on this measure.

As for volunteers, Commander Matok and his crew aboard the I.K.S. Vor'cha are ready, willing and able. You will find them most of the time in Omega 49, running patrols into Omega 50 and down to Omega 3. He could also buzz up to FP6 and/or make a round through Baffin. He's currently in Delta after the recent Big Bully incidents although he doesn't like running out there as Hessian patrols don't like him for some reason so getting there is a challenge.

It's no secret, I fly a freighter so flexing my muscle isn't a wise idea in it......unless it's a single fighter or something. Maybe, just maybe in the future, when Miss Midori gets back and has her Conference class, she'll let me use it and patrol a bit myself.

Doc