Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
##INCOMING LONG RANGE TRANSMISSION##
COMMID: NO DATA
ORIGIN OF SIGNAL: UNKNOWN
SIGNAL STRENGTH: WEAK

--------------------------OPENING MESSAGE---------------------------

Dear zoner council

Being a freelance scientist studying in the deepest and darkest reigeons of space, the IRV~2 is equipped with weapons of above average defence capabilities and some very fine gunmen

This ship having been provided by a zoner science grant ##&6AV: __
^!*#AV_!$*"@`ZX_4330636@_
##WEAK SIGNAL COMMS CLOSED##
#scanning##
#scanning##
#scanning##
##SIGNAL DETECTED##
this Zoner destroyer, is still property of the Zoner science & research divison and is my responsibility to serve my providers

What i mean is, although i am not on the Council list yet, i wish to be
on call if this crisis is to repeat itself

I am not a man of war, but if times need be, ill sit in the gunners seat.
War, i have to say is not my favorite way of resolving issues, war is primitive.
War is similar to a child kicking another childs sandcastle over for no reason, the offending child is only trying to prove himself
better without any skill, destroying any evidence that there are any better that them. it may seem small and irrelivent, but there is always someone kicking someone elses sandcastle over. so what? what is the SCRA get to use zoner bases? they will only use it for more war! if the SCRA get what they want it will only lead to more destruction!

If ther were to be an attack, my comms will always be open for any calls to arms, i will be there to assist against the SCRA

If assistance is needed, hail [IRV~2]Atrox_Apparatus

yours sincerely:

Dr Bearnard Adelaide

###NO SIGNAL DETECTED -- COMMS CLOSED #####
Comm ID: Malaclypse

Thank you, Dr. Adelaide, and all of you other Delegates and dedicated Zoners. It is heartening to know that Zoners do sometimes come equiped with backbones.

That said, Brother Mannock, no one will be apologizing to the SCRA any time soon, sir. I apologize if my tone suggested such a course of action. Your troubles with the Coalition were only the tip of the iceberg, sir.

If diplomacy is possible, of course we will attempt it; but I fear that emotions and agendas must run their course for awhile, until clearer heads prevail. And, I will accept the charge to conduct that diplomacy if and when the opportunity arises.

I still abhor the method used by the Coalition to send this message to our Community; but, like you, I also consider most wars to be an archaeic throwback to our primate roots. It is akin to marking one's territory with feces and urine.

As to a "supreme commander" for Zoner forces, I seriously doubt that Yoda would accept the position, even though he may be supremely qualified; but, it certainly won't hurt to ask the little Master.

We all know who would be best qualified, if such a position should be required. Sister Aurelia Silven and the Ableben were on the scene shortly after the debacle, and remain above Gran Canaria to keep the peace. If anyone has the combat experience, she does. Let us pray that her vast experience will not be required.
**INCOMING TRANSMISSION**

I flew another trade mission to Canaria today.

My heart goes out to our Zoner allies who lost their lives in space, and on the ground there.

The crater is a dark stain on that most beautiful of planets.

As a token of alliance with the Zoners, and in gratitude at their continuing hospitality, I will be running trade of Construction Machinery from Honshu - at a loss - to a minimum value of ten million credits.

From Canaria, I shall transport some of your Spaceship Crew, along with Food Rations and Water for them, to Honshu for some much needed R&R!

I know it is only a small gesture, but I am only one trader. It is my hope that this trade will help Gran Canaria to a speedy recovery.

My deepest condolences to the families of those who have fallen.

Azuki
================================================
Incoming Transmission: *** Holographic Signal from Yoda Jedi-Master ***
================================================

Greetings, honorable Zoners Council, Members and Associates

Jedi have too many reports about recent Coalition Attacks upon Zoners interests around Sirius,
and unfortunately it seems we might have to take care of this problem, somehow... hmm

Now... regarding the proposal to lead the Zoners Defense Forces:

I must say i'm very honoured to see this humble Jedi's name mentioned, but Jedi also have
many other duties to attend, especially for helping countless padawans out-there who need guidance
to learn the Sirius ways... ehh

Therefore ... Jedi be thinking that Zoners have some better choices for this Command position,
and a few Names already be noticed by Mal...

Jedi will do what possible to help - when need be.

And hopefully Zoners will manage to stop these Hostilities - as we did many times before already,
with some others who be thinking they can break the Zoners way of living... errhh

I'm sure The Council will make the right decisions in this matter, as usual... hmm

May The-Force guide our ways !

To: Zoner Council

Due to circumstances, both the crew of the Klingon Gunship I.K.S. Vor'tcha and myself are still stuck planetside on Canaria. We will try to make a get-a-way as soon as possible. If not, we may well be prisoners.

Mal, since I'm stuck there, if you need my dipolomatic services, send a transmission via secure channels.
To: Commander and Crew of the I.K.S. Vor'tcha

If you and your crew need to be evacuated, my advanced train, Reckless Abandon, will provide safe passage. You'll have to share the ride with load of deuterium, but all you have to do is tell me how many crew members you have and the name of your destination. No need for payment.

I managed to ferry 471 Zoners to Corfu yesterday. It was all smooth sailing.

Waiting for your reply.

Captain Elias, Zoner Guard
To: Elias Elonen

My crew and I thank you for your offer. Should we need it, we will accept your offer. However, we will not until we have made an attempt to leave on our own. It would be dishonorable for us to leave without an effort. It would be myself and 5 officers and several cases of Blood Wine, 1 of which will be yours for your service.

The man who may really need some help is Doc Holliday. He has been ill of late and in no shape to pilot. Knowing him, he will try on his own. My only worry is these Communists making it so that we cannot leave. Doc does need medical attention. In fact, transport him to safety. He is our friend and we will be greatful.

Que'plAH, my friend,
Commander Matok.
To: Commander Matok

Done and done. I'll pick up Doc within the hour. You didn't mention a destination, but I believe Freeport 15 would be a good option, given the passenger's state of health. They've got the staff and tech to take care of him.

Besides, Corfu is filled to the gills with refugees at the moment and Freeport 5 is a tad too close to the SCRA's stomping grounds for my liking.

Elias out.
To: Council

When i asked for a fair deal between SCRA and zoners these consequences wasn't in my mind.

I think it ended (and started) a undesired process that will be difficult to us. The word war seems too much for me, the status quo remain almost the same than last days, i think they are hostile to us, but don't see us as a real threat to be considered as war enemies.

What are the reasons for that overconfidence they have? Well we got some warships, but we are not well trained in combat or operations, we lack organization of our ships, and usually ship commanders are autonomous. Some factions got their own military operatives, well trained and armed but the existence of those squads are not known by the council.

The Council Of Zoners is a good forum for the common politics and diplomacy, but it lacks agility to command the zoner defense forces.

I think a defense command is needed, but having only one zoner on command could be too much power for a single one. I think it's time to define the organization of this command, and what they will do.

For the first subject, the organization, i propose than every factions provide a counselor to the defense command, independent zoners would be represented by no less than 3 counselors, to be choosen between the registered zoners in the council. The commanding staff would be 4 admirals choosen by and between the counselors choosen, and one between them will be voted to be the grand admiral.

For the second subject, the functions, i think we will need to know which operatives are dedicated combat ships, and which ones are reinforce ships, than even beeing civilian vessels, can be used to military operations if needed. The existence of a ship registry for this matter is highly recommended.

To maintain our influence zone we must try than every zoner base, over all the most conflictive bases, have a good garrison for defense. It would be a task of the command to assign the warships to where they needed.

The defense command would be allowed to plan and execute tactical actions for defend the zoner interests. The secret operations will be only notified to the defense command counselors. In extraordinary cases the command staff will be allowed to plan and execute secret operations.

The defense command would encourage the combat training of their operatives. I think Omicron Kappa is a good place for the training grouns
Comm-ID.: Adam Rotschild

The Hologram shows a gaunt man in the late fifties. His blond hair increasingly fading to white and his face stern and engraved with deep wrinkles. The man's posture is upright and dignified, with his arms crossed behind his back. A few Moments elapse, while the man takes a deep breath und clear his throat.

With a heavy heart, I greet this most honorable Council.

I am Adam Rotschild, Captain of the Kallisti. While it is everytime a pleasure to meet with you, this time, I am deeply moved. Mere words fail to describe what sinister and horrendous crime the Coalition commited. In my life...I saw more than a good share of violence....as a former Officer of the Rheinland Navy this is to be expected I guess. Unnecessary violence was one of the reasons I left Rheinland...and the houses as a whole.

Adam sighs and closes his eyes for a moment, before he continues to speak.

But this attack yesterday...was far worse from everything I witnessed in my long life as a paragon of violence. The houses, even Rheinland, kill at least for personal gain....their greed being the fuel for their wars. But the Coalition...they gained nothing from that attack. It served no real purpose. The Zoners were never the Enemy of the Coalition. In fact, for many, many years, we were friendly neighbours. There where a Discussion about the Coalition and their future on Cran Canaria, granted....but that hardly can account for a legitimate or sane reason for murdering former friends.

I always thought die Coalition had a code of honor. I thought they were Tyrants, but Tyrants with principles. Yesterday they proofed me wrong. They killed innocents, murdered people who had not the least evil intent against the coalition. People who did not even had a chance to save themselves. The Coalition did not even had the guts to declare a war...or the attack. They just stabbed a innocent friend in the back...and murdered his family...with no gain and no reason.

Killing for the sake of killing. On this day the Coalition showed finaly true colors. The colors of cowardice and hate. They are far worse than the houses...hell...even the Nomads if you ask me. At least the Nomads wage war for a reason. I honestly cannot comprehend why the Order, an Organisation that I admire...and that wears the shield of humanitys saviours can call the Coalition friends. You do not have to be blue to be an enemy of humanity...

Adam takes a look to the side and nods to someone off screen.

Well, forgive me and my continued...lamenting about the evils of this...Coalition. But...feelings of anger and loss are hard to overcome. My Ship...the Kallisti was docked at the attacked Spaceport and.....was destroyed. Ships can be replaced but....half of the Crew still were onboard...and died in the flames.

Adam clears his throat and looks to the side for a moment, visibly moved by his feelings.

Well, to take part in this discussion....I concur with Madam Tate. A war does not help anybody. We should distance ourselves from primitive feelings as revenge. The people lost in this cowardly attack sure would not want more Zoners to die. We have more ways to harm the ones that attacked us. We wield power...economic power. This is not only much safer, less violent and endangers fewer lifes...but we are also much more skilled in that...as in waging war.

The prime directive now is to safe ourselves and our "Land". I concur with Brother Mal in that we have to protect Omega 49 by ourselves now. If we do not have the power to do so, we hardly earned it after all. The Zoner Movement grows day by day, honored delegates...and we all know that someday someone "will" challenge us. Better to proofe now that we can protect ourselves, if it is really needed, as just to rely on allys and give the various organisations, that hunger for more Land, the impression that we are an easy pick.

I for myself, would like to take the TAZ offer and relocate myself and the rest of my crew to Baffin. Even if I hesitate...but I am a expirienced Naval Officer....and it is my duty to take part in the defence of Gran Canaria, but I first need to get a new Ship...and I want to be sure that the many wounded Crewmen of mine are in good hands. They are.....my family after all. After that is handled, I will come back to Cran Canaria as soon as possible.

The gaunt man bows low and the hologram dissolves with the words:

Adam Rotschild, out.