Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Terry.Scott
Transmission Source: Corfu Base: Omicron Theta
Subject: Status Update

Upon registration I displayed a degree of uncertainty regarding my future plans and I have recently come to a decision. I have chosen to provide defensive support to our bases in the Omicron and Omega systems, due to an absence of AW vessels in the Omicron Theta system I will primarily maintain a presence along the supply lines through Omicron Theta and monitor activities within the system and the Omicron-74 system.

Rather than purchase a Fearless class destroyer I have opted to take a smaller IMG gunboat to allow greater freedom, easier and faster passage through astronomical features such as the asteroids of Omega 5, and the Malvada Cloud of Omicron Gamma. On a related note Ihave heard there are plans for us to produce our own Gunboats I look foward to piloting one in future.

I will also continue to operate my Spatial SHF and intend to continue explorations of the Edgeworlds when I have the time to do so.

End Transmission

To: Council

Brothers and Sister,

I dont know if you see the news about those K?Ten. But they are here and are real.

We must take a decission and now... an urgent and extraordinary council will be called.

Transmission Out
' Wrote:From: Delegate Captain Mannock Benitez [WDR]Nostromo

Brothers and Sister,

I dont know if you see the news about those K?Ten. But they are here and are real.

We must take a decission and now... an urgent and extraordinary council will be called.

Transmission Out

Comm ID: Malaclypse

Sir, if you're going to bleat at this Council every time you get shot at or see something out of the ordinary, we will be here till Thud freezes over....

No, I have not seen any news. If you have something verifiable to share, don't keep us in the dark, eh?

Spit it out!

There are few zoners around Sirius who travel more than "Maese" Benitez, he travels around the 4 houses, and some of the border worlds, some details remain unknown even for us the members of the High Council of the Brotherhood, but i know one thing.

If there is a threat for zoners, he will see it before others, and we must take advantage of having a operative like him with us.

If he says there is a menace, we must be prepared to that, and start investigation of who are those K?Ten, what they want, and how can we stay neutral with them, always in the zoners way.

That's my opinion, i know i'm not the delegate of our guild front the council, but i wanted to say that.

Comms ID: Captain Mannock Benitez [WDR]Nostromo

To: Malaclypse
Copy: Council

My dear Malaclypse, if a new group of aliens that come beyond never a Zoner had arrived, its not an issue to the Zoner Council or for your Excellency... then something is wrong.

That they use the same Jump Hole that the Nomads, that they arrive to Manhattan without been detected by ours or Order outposts, that they use a new tech never seen before, that the Junkers contact with them before us, that any zoner see them or have a little idea about them,..., that they dont shoot me.

I must say "mea culpa" for intercept the comms, for see them in NY, for try to advice my brothers and sisters. I?m guilty.

See you in space.
[Incomming Transmission]

i have to inform the council of a possible threat to freeport security. today the dragon gunboat callsign Gotcha attempted to pirate a zoner tagged vessel right in front of freeport 6. the zoner train Peterstown was empty and just undocking from freeport 6 when this dragon demanded 2 million or 1 million, i think he wasnt really sure himself what he was doing. after stating that there isnt going to be piracy of a zoner vessel 250 meters away from the freeport the gunboat opened fire hitting the Peterstown and the FP. luckily the Peterstown was able to redock with the freeport before the shield failed.
here is the comm log of the event

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/407/d...ingcc1.jpg

all attempts of further comm contact with Gotcha to clarify the situation werent succesfull.
it is one thing if our traders are taxed for passing through certain systems, but we cant tolerate pirates trying to charge in front of our freeports and wildly firing upon ships and the station.

i just found out that our allies of the gas miners guild had their share of expierence with Gotcha already a few days ago, one could conclude that this wasnt a single misunderstanding that can always occure and sorted out quickly, but more a pattern of unacceptable behaviour throughout sirius http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=413220
[End Transmission]
to: the Peterstown

"While i feel sympathetic for your situation and it is indeed a serious incident. - it is also a very private incident. - Council matters are matters that affect the community as a whole - and i daresay, an attempt to make a zoner tradeship electronicly transfer money to some crook is nither new, nor of any - well.... global concern.

the usual reaction is to place a nice and fat bounty on the head of the pirate - this usually teaches such hotspurns a lesson and gives the Guild something to do, other than lurking in the freeport bar and getting drunk.

however - if this pirate is one of those brainless sorts - and he has damaged a freeport seriously, threatening the civilian population on the freeport, i we can deal with him as a whole - usually one single incident is not sufficient to label someone "enemy of the state" though.

you have to keep in mind - that most zoners fled the inner sphere to leave behind a goverment that felt responsible for them, or in other words - meddled with their private affairs too much. - but with greater personal freedom comes greater personal responsibility - learn to deal with what you can deal with yourself first - and only if it turns out that the problem is greater than what you can deal with alone, you will have the community backup.

that doesn t mean that you must not tell the council of such matters in the future, it just means that many zoners have experienced the same and dealt with it - or rather ... had others deal with it.

E.Tate out"
I posted this in the message dump but I feel it needs to be added here, too. Today, there was a report of pirates taxing just 500m off the Gran Canaria docking gate. Pirates! Taxing in our own home world. Neutral we may be, as much as possible but this is unacceptable. I think we need at least a gunboat or two in the area. The Vor'tcha was doing some research work but if needed, that crew can watch over the home world.

Also, an incident just outside of Manhattan yesterday involving a rogue Zoner. The crew of the Vor'tcha watched as Vandelorian began attacking people. Matak ordered him to stand down numerous times but to no avail. The LN got control of things and the Vor'tcha left New York space. We need to watch these incidents. With Bretonia pressuring us, we don't need another house putting us on watch, either.
' Wrote:Reports of pirates in our home world just off of the Gran Canaria docking ring today. I think we need to keep some firepower there. Neutral we may be but pirates are NOT to be tolerated around our home world or Freeports.

Comm ID: [TAZ]Discordia
CC: Council of Zoners

Acknowledged, Doc. 86'ing them from Sophie's Cafe just doesn't seem to be enough to keep them under control.

With the [TAZ] pulling most of their population to Bafflin', the Council hasn't seen any Indy Zoners or Factions take up the slack at Port Canaria.

While Mal has the final say re [TAZ] deployment and assignments, as Council bigwig, I'll encourage some of the Z-primates to be on their guard in 49.

As to the incident in New York, I believe you're referring to "Valdemarian". I've searched the Registry, and I don't see the vessel or its Captain anywhere. So.... while it's our problem in a sense.. it's not.

Sombunall Zoners can muck up the pool for us all, eh? If his aberrant behavior continues, "Ve haf vays..".

I welcome comments from Delegates on both matters.

Smoochies,
Mama Dis

Comm ID: Valdemarian

G'day gents, ladies, shinny spheres and assorted life forms.
Clarification is the word of the day, Whats up Doc? This killing people
stuff hurts my upstanding reputation. Only one SHF vessel sporting
Military identification was engaged by my light fighter when he decided to
interfere with a shady Merc i was cruising around with. No LN were harmed
in the making of this drama documentary. As per Matak's orders, what can
I say? Not the boss of me. Back in the shadows I go while you fine delegates
chatter away.

- Valdemarian, soul unknown.