Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
to: wherever the council is located now

"those kinds of Pirates don t have the foresight to see the consequences of their actions. they are focussed on the fast money rather than a long term relationship that might benefit both. the word will spread, but i doubt it will spread far enough to reach the vendors on our bases.

it appears to be the new approach on zoners. unless we are carrying their goods, they rob us blind. maybe its time for a few ... examples about what you can buy with money, and a nice bounty on this ones head to teach him manners.

but we shall collect more voices about that matter before steps can be taken.

Jinx"

end of the transmission
INCOMING TRANSMISSION...
DECODING...
SCANNING SOURCE...

Comm ID: Tarlkor
Target ID: Zoner Council
Encryption: None.

*BEGINNING TRANSMISSION*

Ya know, I don' know much, but I know pirates. Particularly them Novas. They used to mess with me all the time, back when I was hauling diamonds and niobium through Kusari for them Samura people. Thing is, they just don't want stuff moved into Kusari, follow? But if you're willin' ta give them stuff too, they won't mess with ya. I guess it's kinda like a "ya scratch my back, I'll leave ya alone" thing. But what I learned from my encounters with 'em, is they don't care who you are, they just care that you're helpin' their enemy. Ya see?

But ya know, what do I know... who knows how them pirate-type's minds work.

Tarlkor out.
*END TRANSMISSION*
Message to: Zoner Council Comms
Comm ID: Malaclypse, Shasta Outpost

Well, there appear to be a number of issues involved with this incident.. all of them rather delicate.

Firstly, as the Blood Dragon pointed out to our esteemed Republican citizen, there appeared to be some problem with the ZR vessel's transponder. Now, it would seem that someone who has the wherewithall to purchase such an expensive trading vessel would have also had adequate time and funding to complete the necessary paperwork and "palm-greasing" to acquire a functioning Zoner transponder. Had the Rui been squwaking the appropriate IFF, the NovaPG pilot might have been less inclined to interfere with his trading.

This brings me to my second delicate issue.. Through the TAZ's past behaviour and reputation, we now enjoy a tenuous but stated "neutral" position with the NovaPG. In fact, I myself passed through the NovaPG's home system recently without incident. The patrols and pilots there were cautious, but cordial.

While sympathizing with the plight of this Republic trader, it would not be in the best interest of the TAZ to take some action which would jeopardize our neutral status with NovaPG. All I can recommend is that the Republic's Senate or Ambassadors may wish to begin direct negotiations with the NovaPG leaders regarding their status.

I will again empasize the point that diamonds hardly support anyone's war effort. This specious argument was made by the QCO, and now it appears at least some of the NovaPG are trying to make the same case. I would certainly hope that both the QCO and the NovaPG realize that imposing trade restrictions on Zoners will only serve to curtail other forms of trade with their groups.. and merely end up hurting them even more than free trade might somehow vaguely support their enemies. Diamonds... indeed. Meh.

I have no other motions or recommendations to make to the Council at this time.

Standing by,
Malaclypse
to: Council

"Lets put it that way. Pirates are only friendly as long as they can take advantage from what we do. If we haul cardamine from malta elsewhere, we ll get along well with the outcasts. If we haul artifacts from Crete somewhere, we ll get along well with the corsairs.

if we mess both up, we ll end up being shot down. On the other hand, zoners are no sheep while the pirates are not the wolves. we must not take any of their rules without question - it is us that make rules, too.

anyway - we must keep in mind that the way of the zoners is to get along with most of those strange people all around sirius, from the powerhungry rheinlander to the clouded cardamine mind of the outcast to the violent corsair. the best way to do so is to leave them their little share. make sure you allways have something to calm them down - that might be a bit of cash to tax them, a bit of cardamine to sell or whatever else.

i am sure a little bounty won t hurt them too much - its rather a little reminder that we cannot be pushed around. in any way - you must be aware that you stand alone for the most part of it. your greatest concern is your own safety.

my advice is - make friends with those that you encounter in your traderoute but don t grovel in the dust before them. make sure they know we are equals at the very least.

Jinx out."

end of the transmission
**Incoming Transmission**
Comm ID: Captain Bruce "Die Hard" Willis Of The Kana Keiko.

To: Malaclypse, Shasta Outpost, Battleship Persephone II, Tarlkor

Sirs

I understand you have a Bounty on my fellow Brothers, Note this and Note this well, Get that bounty removed or our neutral status is revoked, The ZR is feeding the war effort in kusari and feeding our foes with credit to buy weapons to attack the Blood Dragons.

I want you Taz to rest assure we value you as neutral, but do you really want the ZR to bring the wraith of the NovaPG down on all Zoners, so i beg for the TAZ to negotiate with the NovaPG on our Comms, so this can be dealt with quickly,

But mark my words that Bounty stays and i will hunt you all down and kill you until hell freezes over and then ill kill you on the ice,

Die Hard Out..........

**Transmission Ended**
Message to: Capt Bruce Willis, NovaPg
CC: Council of Zoners Comms
Comm ID: Malaclypse

Bounty???

My dear Captain Willis, absolutely the first I've heard of such a thing! If you've been following the Council's proceedings at all, you will seen that I've gone on record as valuing our neutrality with the NovaPG.

If this alleged bounty is in effect, it is most certainly not by my hand, nor that of any TAZ member. If it find out that it is, there will be Thud to pay, I assure you!

I have recommended that the Zoner Republic take the initiative to contact you, to negotiate their own status with NovaPG. I trust you realize that unless the Council votes otherwise, that is all I can do at present. However, I will investigate the source of this "contract" that you have alluded to.

As to Zoners supporting anyone's "war effort", I think it can be said that we are simply "equal opportunity opportunists". Would you have us also stop shipping Optronics to Cambridge? Gold to Tripoli? Engines to Ibiza? Plutonium to... well..? I would venture that your own "secret traders" have to avail themselves of these markets occassionaly to finance your own goals and warchests.

If you wish to discuss matters ot trade restriction, then perhaps we should meet in person to do so. I am willing to listen to reasonable proposals.

Once again, Captain Willis, I categorically deny the existence of any bounty issued by the TAZ. I hope that our past history will make that denial sufficient to soothe your nerves.

I am forwarding this communication to the Zoner Council as well, who will probably discuss it ad nauseum. You will be kept informed of any developments on that front as well.

Regards,
Malaclypse
*** Incoming ***

Some misguided words are floating around, first we of the Zoner Republic never put a bounty nor never will put such thing on anyone, it's against our Law to put or claim bounties. If we must defend it will be with our or with allied forces.

Second, although the Citizen aboard the ZR-Rui was extorted of 2 millions it was not a great loss, the issue is will it happen again and again? Are our people free to roam Sirius doing their business? one day Diamonds to New Tokyo on the other maybe Food Rations to Kyoto.

Now, i ask both wise Malaclypse and Tarlkor who seems to be learned in the ways of the pirates... sorry freedom fighters, to act as our intermediaries on this issue.
Because it makes little sense for us after being extorted to go into den of the wolf and say "masters, what more do you wish of us..."

And regarding the lack of the appropriate IFF, the Citizen in question has been advised to correct this situation as soon as possible. But i doubt there was any misidentification on part of Tatsuo, he knew very well that it was a Zoner ship, member of a Zoner faction, and not a "Zonified" Trader expecting to slip by under cloak of Zoner neutrality.

As for feeding war efforts, the Blood Dragons should be thankful for the diamond shippings to New Tokyo, while the noblemen and the corporations CEO's are spending their money on diamonds they are not spending them on arms or military vessel to fight back the Blood Dragons and their allies.
But i digress, Kusari is not our issue, our issue is freedom of travel and trade, and that is issue we would like to see resolved.

rec. 7421AF76
Sommerset, ZR Citizen

*** End ***
**Incoming Transmission**
Comm ID: Captain Bruce "Die Hard" Willis Of The Kana Keiko.

To: Malaclypse, Shasta Outpost, Battleship Persephone II, Tarlkor, Sommerset

Supplied below is transcripts the Blood Dragon Council intercept communications between NovaPG and Zoners.

Now i know the TAZ have nothing to do with this, but i want answers and i want it big time.

Quote:Madame Tate.

Word has reached my ear, that one of your "zoners" has placed a bounty on the head of one of the honorable NovaPG Blood Dragons. Now, i have come to you about this little, "problem", because your voice in the Council appears to be an important one. I would just like you to know that, the NovaPG wont care if your traders claim to be "neutral" due to them being Zoners. If they enter our space, you follow our rules. I would just like to make that clear. Particurly if your hauling goods for our enemies.

May your enemys fall before dawn comes again,
Joshua"Gabriel"Dejesus
in direct response

to: Joshua "Gabriel" Dejesus ( wherever he might roam at that time )

"That is the game we play. While i totally agree with you that zoners must stay diplomatic in any case and system, which includes not hauling "wrong" cargo in certain systems is an unspoken law within our society; we still care for our interests.

I do not know if / how he placed a bounty on one of your members, allthough i would advice him to do so - you must also see that the zoner community is a loose one. Ones actions and decissions are his or her own and do not reflect the whole zoners. So you are not dealing with the Zoners, - not untill something officialy was decided withint he council, which has only so much authority either - but only with one individual zoner.

Again let me make that clear. I understand your point and fully agree with you there. However, i agree with him placing a bounty on the pirates head, too. This is how the game is played. If this pirate feel ill treated, the head of your group may bring it towards the council. there it can be discussed - and i would for sure back you up on your point of view and your rules.

As a matter of fact, the community is in a bit of an uproar after the recent piracy attempts on the TAZ allready.

let me finish it that way. I will back up your case in the council ( if you bring it to the councils attention ), but whatever happens outside the council and outside of omicron delta is not by business. i do of course prefer as little violence as possible.

respectful Jinx"

end of the transmission
to: wherever the council is located now

"those kinds of Pirates don t have the foresight to see the consequences of their actions. they are focussed on the fast money rather than a long term relationship that might benefit both. the word will spread, but i doubt it will spread far enough to reach the vendors on our bases.

it appears to be the new approach on zoners. unless we are carrying their goods, they rob us blind. maybe its time for a few ... examples about what you can buy with money, and a nice bounty on this ones head to teach him manners.

but we shall collect more voices about that matter before steps can be taken.

Jinx"

end of the transmission

Die Hard Out.............

**Transmission Ended**
to: council of zoners

"While i understand the point of this Pirate, i am also convinced that we must not be pushed around. Like i said, the new approach towards zoners is a troubling one. Several incidents in a single week. Like i said - mr Willis, i would back you up on your point of view.

Both points of views are understandable. One the one hand, i understand you trying to claim a share from someone that doesn t directly benefit your cause, on the other hand i can see the one taxed to claim the head of whoever pirated.

If you start the game, you must play till the end of it. But you must have the foresight to know what consequences a single decission can carry in its trail.

Be aware that the incident only affected two people so far, the pirate in question and the zoner trader. I expect you to take all necessary steps, - but if you make all the zoners responsible for the actions of one, you might face more problems than you can think of.

"But mark my words that Bounty stays and i will hunt you all down and kill you until hell freezes over and then ill kill you on the ice,..." (Willis)

here is where my patience with pirates ends, too. Here is when i ll fully back our society up. I still hope every problem will be solved peacefully, but a threat like that is unacceptable. You have made the first step to threaten the whole zoners on behalf of one argument between two people.

"Again let me make that clear. I understand your point and fully agree with you there. However, i agree with him placing a bounty on the pirates head, too. This is how the game is played. If this pirate feel ill treated, the head of your group may bring it towards the council. there it can be discussed - and i would for sure back you up on your point of view and your rules." (Jinx)

I told you that issues like those shall be discussed. However, you announced the death of all zoners quickly. Don t embarass yourself by firing up like that and tell us to be hunted down untill we are all dead, - thats bad politics. As you see, it is not even clear that a bounty was placed upon anyone - but the threat is looming over us all now, and we shall remember how you approached this council.

You wouldn t see us zoners stomp into the gathering halls of the Dragons and announce their deaths; but you do. So i ask you to think again - think before you make another approach before the council.

Jinx out"

----------Incoming Message----------
Communications Identification: Joshua"Gabriel"Dejesus. Nova PowerGen SIC.
Direct to : The council of Zoners

Dear "Zoners".

You claim to be neutral, jet you trade for our enemy. You support his economy by purchasing his goods, and selling them on another location. The currency used by purchasing these goods, will partially be used for military purposes. These military purposes are aimed at the destruction of our allies, and ourself. And still, you expect us not to act hostile towards you. That makes sense, doesn't it?

Now about this bounty. I shall be honest, we do not have direct proof of this. Other then the word of my honorable Dragon, Tatsuo. Tatsuo claimed that the Zoner, ZR-Rui, claimed he would put a bounty on his head. If you do not believe me, and dare call me a liar, we will not appreciate it. So i ask you, take me by my word.

And now, you will say, "It was just one Zoner". That is true. But we will hold the entire council responsible, since this "ZR" is a member of it. Maybe just to make an example as well. If you still claim to neutrality towards us, we will not wish to see -any- Zoner trader passing trough our Kusari.

"If you start the game, you must play till the end of it."
believe me, Zoners, if this game continue, you will not like the end of it.

May his fire purify his enemies,
Gabriel.