Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Delegates.

After some problems with our Security protocols here, and a repair of the breached firewalls, I am pleased to announce that the voting is concluded.

The Council of Zoners "Official Policies" is hereby ratified.

Here are the results:

For: 26 votes
Against: 2 votes
Abstaining: 1 vote
Not voting: 17 members

I will open a public Diplomatic frequency immediately and publish the Policies as ratified.

The Chair would like to congratulate the Zoner Trading Consortium on its successful convoy today. Delegate Lightwing and his associates did a commendable job of furthering the Consortium's research agendas with this critical shipment of H-fuel to the Taus. Kudos who all who contributed.

Before opening the Floor to other matters, I believe Secretary/Treasurer Reynolds has a brief report on Financial and Membership issues. Once he has concluded his report, the Chair will hear suggestions on matters to be placed on a new Agenda, as I believe most of the items on our old Agenda have been addressed.

Thank you.
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
RE: Brotherhood Counter Proposal

Fellow Delegates,

As per my promise to you all and Elder Sephardi, I would like to present a counter proposal to The Corsair Brotherhood that I have been working on. I believe it is most appealing to both parties and it is very much amendable. I will be placing a hard copy on all your desks for review.

-Doc
Copy received, Doc.

Working Agenda:

Item 1: Discussion of TBH "Counterproposal. (Ambassador Holliday)
Item 2: Invitiation to Admiral Seith to address the Council. (Delegate Salome)
Item 3: Ratification "Convention". (Delegate Duke)
Item 4: Use of Freeport 10 by Highland Security. (Chair)
Item 5: "Penal Code" for NFZ Violations. (Delegate Duke)
Item 6: Amendment to Official Policies. (Delegate Salome)

Other items for the Agenda, Delegates?

Secretary Reynolds, pop in with your Quarterly Finance and Membeship whenever ready, sir.
Com ID: Reisiger Duke

Suggested Agenda items from me are:
- Ratification Ceremony of the Zoner NFZ policies
- Addressing the Order|'s concern about the rebels
- and last but not least, possibly work out a penal code for NFZ violations

Kind Regards
Reisiger Duke
To: The Council of Zoners
Suject: Agenda

Great Council,

while we are thinking about the counter-proposal Ambassador Holliday has distributed for further reviews, I would like to invite Admiral Seith, High Command of the Order Primary Fleet, into our chambers to speak to us all, repeating certain matters mentioned during our meeting last week. Unfortunateley this meeting has been scarcely attended so we should allow him to bring his matters forth addressing us in our own chambers as ally and experienced warrior against the common Nomad threat.

I would like to put this matter as second topic to our agenda.

Sincerely,
Louisa
Agenda updated.

Also, due to another report about Highland Security using Freeport 10 to "stage" its "human cargo liberation" efforts, I have taken the liberty of adding it to the Agenda as well.

Any other matters we need to add?
**Target Communications Relay: Found**
**Datalink connected...**

Bugger, sorry about missing the vote. Its been a while since I've been able to get a hold of me neural-net account. I'll get back up to date with affairs in space and review the records and make me suggestions if I got any.

Paddy O'Donaghue,
Captain of the OSI-Lazarus (III)

**Uplink terminated**
Carrying forward:

Working Agenda:

Item 1: Discussion of TBH "Counterproposal. (Ambassador Holliday)
Item 2: Invitiation to Admiral Seith to address the Council. (Delegate Salome)
Item 3: Ratification "Convention". (Delegate Duke)
Item 4: Use of Freeport 10 by Highland Security. (Chair)
Item 5: "Penal Code" for NFZ Violations. (Delegate Duke)

I believe Secty Reynolds is even now counting the dark roast whole beens in the Coffee.Fund. And with the reports from a few of our non-voters, I belief the Membership report will be favorable.

Carry on, Delegates.
Comm ID: Malcolm Reynolds
Subject: Quarterly report

Thank you Mr Chairman, however my membership report is not quite so favorable.
My fellow delegates, let me proceed with my reports.

Treasurer report:

As many of you know, we recently signed a lease agreement with Bowex for the use of land on Planet Gran Caneria to setup a refugee camp. Since this agreement was signed there became a need for an account to put the funds received in, The Chairman charged me in that task. I created Coffee.Fund to receive the payments.

Since then the fund has grown to 48,000,000 credits, 25M from the Bowex Down payment, with additional funds donated from [TAZ]Sophie's.Catering (10M), Neuf.Soeurs|St.Germain (10M), Florimel (2M), and master Yoda (1M).
The Bowex lease should continue at the negotiated rate of 20M per month, and other donations are always welcome as well.

This concludes my report in rearguards to the treasury.

Secretary report:

Since the passing of Use it, or lose it 2 months ago, The number of delegates has risen from approximately 20 to over 50. However the devotion of some of our new members is at times lacking, especially when it comes to voting. Of the 17 members who missed the last vote, 13 of them joined within the last month and a half. And there are now 8 members who have missed 3 in a row, 5 of whom have never voted at all since joining. So I can only assume they are unaware of our use it, or lose it policy, and did not understand that there are responsibilities that go with membership.

To make sure perspective and new members are aware of the responsibility of voting on the council, I would like our policy listed on the zoner registry page, and a I hereby agree clause that new members automatically accept upon joining.

Something like:

Delegates who miss three consecutive votes, AND are absent from Council matters for more than 15 days, unless valid notification for their absence is given to the Chair, shall be declared inactive and can be dismissed from the council at the discretion of the chairman.

Very close to the original wording, but still has the same effect.

on the bright side of all this, there are many new eager Zoners who wish to join the Council and the number of actively participating members has risen to over 30 in the last few months.

This concludes my report in rearguards to the Secretary.

Thank you all for bearing with me, this is my first report as your Secretary/Treasurer.

/signed Secretary Reynolds
Excellent report, Secretary Reynolds, and an excellent suggestion on adding our "Membership Responsibilities to the Registry. I will have it updated immediately.

Also, sir, if you could find time to PM directly those Members in "probationary status", I would appreciate it. As you pointed out, some of them may not be aware of their responsibilities as Delegates.

The Chair will accept Agenda items for another 12 hours, approximately.. until Noon SMT tomorrow. At that time, we will begin a discussion on his Counterproposal in Closed Chambers.

Thank you again, Delegates.