Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**Incoming Transmission**

To: Zoner Council

Message Reads:

OSI casts it vote for Aurelia Silvan as chair person.

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**
===Transmission: OPENED ===

*(Opens a log net of the Council of Zoners and see's the topic "Current Nominees")*

Feorn: Hmmm, .....

*(Mutters to himself on reading the current nominees)*

Feorn: A very wise choice I'm making here.....Malaclypse seems very vigilant in things.

*(Touches the Holographic Screen and pressed "Malaclypse")*

**MALACLYPSE**__**YOUR VOTE HAS BEEN SUBMITTED, THANK YOU!**

Feorn: Right!

*(Closes the Log Net and continues on his working papers)*

===Transmission: ENDED ===

Bleary-eyed, Rashida sits in her comfy chair, under subdued lighting, only recently having got up (it is late afternoon, according to the clock on her computer...not that she tends to put much stock by such things as "time"). She rubs her eyes and considers the display on the screen before her, muttering quietly to herself,

"Hrm, shame dat uvver guy 'ad ta leave, right good 'ee was at all dis formal stuffs an' fings...oh, wells, what's we got dis time...doo-be-ddo...aah, 'ere we goes, Malathingy...that's da guy what we 'ad before, wasn't it?" She leans back and raises her voice "Oi, Jake, ya seein' dis latest council stuffs? Can ya get us a bit o' background info on dese new candidates?"

In the next room, Jake cursed under his breath, flicked a few switches, and started a data search on one of his many monitors. "Four background checks comin' right up...'ma'am'," he shouted, and, to himself, in a poor attempt at mimicking Rashida's accent "'Get me this, Jake, get me that, Jake', never a durn 'please', or 'thank you'. Pfaw."

Rashida read the info scrolling past her screen "What the...did he get enough info?" she mused.

Eventually, she came to her conclusion, and entered the 'magic words' "One vote for Malaclypse submitted".

Closing down the hinged screen, she settled back and yelled at Jake "Call me ifn 'ee crashes 'er inta a 'roid agin, I'ma get me some sleep."
Comm ID: Malaclypse

Err.. Captain Norichka.. I appreciate the vote of confidence, sir; but the Council's current policy only allows one vote for each "Faction", just as each Faction is only allowed representation on the Council by a single Delegate. As a TAZ member, you are represented by.. myself. Since I am also acting Chairman, I hereby appoint TAZ Ambassador Doc Holliday as our Delegate for the purpose of this election.

This may change in future, but since you recently joined the TAZ, your vote is invalid, and will go poof before the ballots are counted, sir.

Once the new Chairperson is installed, feel free to voice your opinions to either myself as TAZ Delegate, or if I should have the dubious distinction of being elected, to my TAZ replacement, Doc Holliday.

The balloting will continue.
Comm ID: Lucky LeRoux

OK, we have some candidates, but I don't know all of you and you all won't know me. I know Mal and Aurelia of old and Coriko's been around a while too, but I don't know the others so well personally.

It would be easy for me to vote for someone I know, but I'd like to see a few campaign notes from those that want the job to give me the opportunity to put myself behind one candidate.

So if you want to post your views on how you see the Zoners moving forward, in particular with regard to the current fiasco with the NFZ's, I'd be interested to hear and will cast my vote accordingly. All fresh ideas considered!

Thanks...
Lucky
Comm ID: Malaclypse

Delegate LeRoux,

It's a bit late in the game to be requesting that the nominees provide position papers, I'm afraid.

But, I would direct you here:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37340

and here,

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38240

for some insight into recent statements of "position" regarding the Zoner Community's future.

For those candidates who did not have an opportunity to make their opinions known in the above "broadsides", the Chair will entertain brief statements on your views and goals.

Also, Captain Trogdor, I remind you that you need to re-cast your ballot, sir, as nominations were not closed at the time of your first ballot.

Thank you.
Comm ID: Captain Black
To: Zoner Counsel

..turns off incessant comm unit beeping..and reads incoming message..

Hmm. It appears I that I must cast my vote, although I don't get "home" much.
..punches in selection for Malaclypse...

mutes comm unit..

continues to read the book written by Yishka Badishka titled "After all, it is only a weed that turns to a flower in your mind"

**Incoming Transmission**

To: Zoner Council

Message Reads:

Well Since Mr. LeRoux asked I will answer. I think all of our installations and planets need NFZ. I think it only makes sense. The standard of 5k would suffice. This point of having some of them with and some without is confusing for all involved. I think individuals that break the NFZ should be dealt with on a case by case basis. They can either be banned from our stations ro activly hunted, depending on the infraction.

As for the O-49 situation. Well that one is a bit more delicate. It's not like we an eject the Corsairs from the whole system. I belive a large portion of the population of Gran Canaria is Corsair refugees. Now can we let them know that their "protection" is no logner needed. That means we will have to field the "artillery" to solve our own issues, which personally, I think we need to.

We Zoners are a collective group of varried individuals. We have may beliefs and differing neural processes. Most of us are Zoners because of the freedom it allows us to do as we please. Unfortunatly our way of life has spread and there are now Zoners spread all over. We have become a major player in the outer rim. We can no longer hide from this fact and must act accordingly.

Our neutrality is an excellent thing and works for most situation. For those it does not our diplomacy handles most of the rest. Those fraction of situations that are left need to be handled with raw force. Some folks only understand the bad end of a photon cannon. We debate constantly on the use of force and the neutrality agrement comes up again and again. We can remain neutral to a faction and still enforce our laws. Those Freeports are our station...not the Corsairs, not the Bounty hunters, or molly's, OC's, ours.

I do appolgise Mal, I rambled on a bit more then I intended

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**
Not at all, Samuel. Concise and thoughtful.

I too am beginning to realize that our relationships with neighbors in 49 have evolved, and may require changes to keep pace with that evolution. Regardless of who is chosen Chairperson, it will require all our good sense and wisdom to ensure that those changes are beneficial to both Zoners and our neighbors, both old and new.

Brothers Lameos and Kristall? Sister Silvan? Brief statements are welcome.
Rubs face..
Er..

Well, I'll mirror my earlier choice and vote for Mr. Nichols, not that it seems likely to matter at this point. Oh well.

The captain pens a formal vote in fancy script on heavy paper, dipping the feather of some exotic creature into a well of ink sitting on his elaborate wooden desk. Then, folding it into an airplane, he sends it sailing across the room, landing gracefully through the open door of a small capsule. The door then closes, and the capsule is propelled through the bowels of the ship, sliding through a series of tubes until it's fired out the starboard side in Baffin's general direction. *Thoomp!*