Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"I am confused as to what Harbinger is, er, was trying to achieve. It can be fought and is not invincible. With the increased defenses at freeport 11, it cannot hope to achieve anything by brute force. This thing is not acting nomad like. Not at all. It throws itself at inevitable destruction time and time again. These clones only serve to repeat the process. Strange for a self preserving species like the nomads."

"It is not only endangering itself, but it is also endangering nomads elsewhere by risking giving us a possible means as to find out where it comes from. It does seem to be mocking us with the fact that it will keep coming again and again. This is quite curious. There are many nomads out there but only a few attack at a time. This may not be the will of the entire collective. When nomads do choose to attack, I have known them to swarm their target leaving no room for error. The fact that freeport 11 was left standing suggests that this was not coordinated by the nomads as a whole."
Message to: Zoner Council
Comm ID: Malaclypse, Baffin

Fellow Members,

I have been following the transmissions and comments that the Council is reviewing. I find Brother Smiliey's surmise that the nomads themselves may not be coordinating thise attacks quite thought-provoking.

As you may have heard, one of our Fnordettes was attacked by two of these "pseudo nomads" in Omicron Kappa quite recently. F-23 Sylvia's ship was destroyed, and her black box was not recovered. However, her own internal logs of the incident are quite complete, and I will submit a trascript of those logs should the Members desire. They are quite revealing.

I hardly need remind my learned colleagues that nomads do not carry standard IFF transponders. They are identified to human pilots by an algorithm which detects the nomad biogenetic signature, and displays the "ships" as nomad on a standard HUD. According to the logs of Sylvia deLuna, a TAZ member who I trust explicitly; her HUD identified the IFF of both ships that she engaged as Lane Hacker.

Did these nomads digest a few lane hacker ships for breakfast that morning; or, as Brother Smiley suggested, is there another force at work here? Now, who do we know who is affiliated with the Lane Hackers; and who has also intimated that he has some knowledge concerning these "nomads" and their activities.

The person I refer to was quite incensed at me at our last gathering, because I insisted on maintaining the Council's agenda, and conducting its business in a parliamentary manner rather than being railroaded into "pulling teeth" as it were in an effort to find out what this person knew.

Obviously, Denelo Mori, the Lane Hackers, and possibly the Hellfire Legion as well have their fingerprints all over this nomad issue. And, either due to some glaring error or lack of judgement on their parts have lost control of whatever in blazes they were attempting to accomplish with these nomads; or, they are directly involved in some clandestine way with the attacks on Freeport 11 and elsewhere in the Omicrons.

Perhaps it is time to request the presence of Denelo Mori again, for the purpose of deposing him and getting to the bottom of this. Will he cooperate? I have misgivings on that score. As Mori now seems to bear some personal animosity towards me; I will leave the question of whether Mori should be given his "day in court" to you, my Brothers. If he will not answer a summons to brief this Council, then I think we can assume that there are things they choose to hide from us concerning the matter.

Please notify me of any pending discussions, motions, or votes that need my attention.

I remain,
Malaclypse,
TAZ Delegate to the Council of Zoners
To: Zoner Council Members

--

I believe I may have at least a partial explanation for the IFF signature that Sylvia noticed. Please see this message I received from the trader Tannik Seldon:

Attached Message

Of note is his comment in the beginning. Mori told him that Taurvi was once a human Lane Hacker, but something happened to him. That would seem to explain the transponder readings on the one called Taurvi, even if it doesn't explain the other. At least it gives us something to work with.

My personal feeling is that the Lane Hackers are only indirectly involved in this entire mess. That's based more on gut feeling than evidence, I'll admit, but having the Hackers be behind the "new" nomads and their attacks strikes me as bordering on ludicrous. What motive could they possibly have?

As for bringing in Denelo Mori... I doubt he would accept. If he did, we might be able to learn a bit more, but I believe we are already in posession of most of the information he could provide for us.

--

(OOC: Treewyrm has already explained why his nomad characters have a Hacker tag. IIRC, it was basically that there is no nomad tag, so he has to have SOMETHING, and the hacker tag at least had a dim connection to Taurvi's previous life. I don't think we should make too much out of a situation that seems to be caused primarily by limitations inherent in the tagging system.)
Sebastian stood up.

"Good lord!" He muttered, and again, "Good lord!"

"Excuse me a moment, I have to retrieve something from my ship. I could be a while."

With that, Sebastian hurried out of the room.
---<Incoming transmission>---
Subject: Peace Process Update!!!!!!

Benitez have advised their fighters to not to attack the AW unless they or their brethren are attacked first.
I would like to reqest the same courtesay to be followed from the AW. I have email AW leadership and awaiting a formal reply.

JG may be organizing a good will event that will include AW Transports. JG plans to drop some more goods and supplies in the orbit around crete. JG is requesting some AW transports to be on this mission as well. I am broadcasting this in open frequesncies and hope that the TBH brotherhood may also hear my plea for peace.
Would AW and TBH be willing to state a similar policy for now?

A) AW will not attack a TBH ship unless
1, Either fired upon first.
2. THe TBH ship is in Theta.
B) TBH will not attack a AW ship unless
1, Either fired upon first.
2. THe AW ship is in Gamma.

Can we have an AMEN to this ? AW leadership may answer and I will present an OKay to TBH, or else TBH can answer here too.
Peace.
---<Transmission out>---
Message to: Pipsqueak, Jupiter Guild
CC: Council of Zoners Members
Comm ID: Malaclypse 666, Baffin

Pip,

A bit of quiet in Omicron Gamma and surrounds would certainly be beneficial for Zoners in general, no doubt about it. Congratulations on your progress in this regard.

As the Jupiter Guild has now been ratified as a full member of the Zoner Council, you have the right to bring issues before the Council. However, other than updating us of your progress, I am unsure if you are asking the Council to consider the matter further or take any action regarding this proposed treaty.

I would hope that the Asgard Warriors respond positively. However, unless you are suggesting that this Council somehow become a venue or "arbitrator" in the process, I don't feel that it is the correct place for discussions directly between the parties. Perhaps another comms channel dedicated to the process would be more appropriate.

Keep us informed, by all means. And, if you need the Council's help or advice, please state clearly what you require of us.

Regards,
Mal
In the bar somewhere on Crete.

Teresa (speaking to '[\JG/]Bryan'): "Bryan, give me those access codes to that Zoner Council frequency, or I'll have to kick you in the stomach again, you Nomad-lover!"

Bryan: "Okay okay, just don't beat me again. And don't tell Rakghoul I gave them to you!"

Message to: Council of Zoners
CC: The Brotherhood Message Dump

Yo Zoners of Omicron Delta!

We saw you playing with a Nomad! And that wasn't all! You tried to communicate with it! And you forced me not to annihilate it! You screamed at me when I called it a bluenut and a jellyfish! Are you totally mad? Don't you know the risks involved when you get in touch with them? Peace with Nomads, what a stupidity! Plasma, that's what they deserve!

And the ship's name, didn't it look wrong to you somehow? [???]~Eye, what are the eyes usually used for? Yes indeed it was a scout and you let it into absolute proximity of Freeport 11, don't you know anything about security?. Next time they attack you may be surprised, you, you... ah never mind!

Don't you ever dare to stop me from shooting a Nomad again, or you'll end like that poor Bryan.

Teresa Chavez out!
Comm ID: Malaclypse, Baffin

Well, as this Council frequency seems to have become a "crying towel" for every whinger in Sirius, I shall use it to address one and all. After that, I strongly recommend to Chairman Drake and the Council members that we encrypt the bloody thing yet again, and limit its use to Council business only.

To: Teresa Chavez.

Madam, I do not know you. What I do know is that Ms. "Jinx" Tate. is attempting whatever the Thud she is attempting regarding communications with these abberant Nomads on her own accord, and not under the auspices of this Council. Please direct your comments directly to her. If you wish this Council to give your comments any credence, please address it through a Zoner intermediary, or not at all.

To: Pipsqueak, Jupiter Guild.

Pip, your Guild offers to protect Omicron Delta and Freeport 11 from Nomads, and here you are "playing footsies" with known ruthless alien killers.. the exact same aliens who damaged the Freeport and killed innocent Zoners. I personally demand an immediate explanation.

To: Leroy Fenning and Tannik Seldon.

Gentlemen, while you have been instrumental in aiding and repairing Freeport 11 and its facilities, I believe you also owe this Council some explanation as to why we should not be working in concert to eradicate them completely. On the one hand, Madam Tate requests a greater Zoner presence to drive off the Nomads; and on the other, she contradicts herself by trying to befriend them. What course should this Council then take, as representatives of the Zoner people? Please enlighten me and the other Members before my bloody head explodes!

To: Chairman Drake.

Brother Isaac, my original concept in forming the Council of Zoners was to present a concerted voice for all Zoners. Instead, it has become a bit of a circus. Nothing is presented as a concise call for discussion and consensus. We are bombarded, will ye nil ye, by confusion and contradiction. The Jupiter Guild has taken it upon themselves to broker a peace in Gamma without consulting us. The Asgard Warriors are absent from discusssions since our motion on their abuse of Zoner affiliation passed. Madam Jinx is off in some delusional world of her own. And now, we are seemingly being held accountable by an unknown Corsair woman for these "communication" initiatives with known enemies of mankind.

Perhaps my dream for a concerted Zoner voice was delusional as well. I acknowledge that such a "granfaloon" is contrary to some of the TAZ's own Discordian beliefs. I have been chastised by my own members for indulging in political activities, rather than focusing on the Spiritual aspect of my position as Discordian Episkopos.

I would like to present a motion for the Council's consideration. I will abstain in voting on said motion, as my feelings on the Council's current state of effectiveness and purpose are in turmoil. Further, I find it heartbreaking that our efforts to bring a united Zoner voice have made this Council no more than a focus of blame for every mysterious and sundry happening in the entire Sector.

I move that the Council deliberate and vote on its very existence and viability. Should it continue to meet, or should it be disbanded and forgotten as a futile excercise which the Zoner people do not seem ready to pursue.

Should this Council continue: Yea or nay?

Sadly,
Malaclypse for the TAZ
Dear Mal,

Seein' as how communication is at a premium for the time being, I'll second the motion. The Council has been ineffective at delivering any meat to the table, and has heretofor simply been used as a soapbox for party specific issues.

I'd like to think that the YEARS of coherent Zoner action have been just as necessarily effective as has been needed. To further infringe upon the timing and whereabouts of those who call themselves Zoners is an unneccesary incumberance upon their very reason for existence.

Zoners by nature are not joiners.

The comm channel is always open.

Until then,
Meiun
Patric says:

Some of Theta Zoner VHF ships got Harbinger on theirs long-range sensors,The Nomad ships was in Gamma,then flying in to Theta where the Zoner Juggernaughts were not in range of it,and the finaly it flown into Sigma 17,where the trail was losed.

Abaut the new nomad ship Eye??? or something tagged like this wha also spotted in vicinity,more Details fallowing.