Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
to: the council

"my position is clear and has been clear before even the temporary ban. - our freeports are freeports. we need the diversity, we need even the troublemakers on our stations. that is what a freeport is about. if we start locking out some cause its so much more comfortable for us, we become nothing else than the house authorities.

the only way to keep everyone dependent on us is to keep them coming. - we can deal with a few, but we cannot deal with too many. - we might be able to deal with a larger force at one freeport - but what if it spreads? - locking down more and more freeports?

maybe even starting to "take sides"? - getting payed by some to be allowed to dock? - we re well above such behaviour.

so my vote is of course "no" to the first proposition and "no" to the second one as well.

sincerely E. Tate"
**Incoming Transmission**

To:
From Samuel Nichols, CEO Omicron Supply Industries

Message reads:

I vote no on both. The temp ban worked and now we shall see what happens. I agree with Mal and Jinx in that the Freeports are just that, free. As long as there are no further issues then we can continue business as normal. If indiviuals start causing issues , then we deal with them. If a group gets out of hand then they can be banned. I see no reason to make any of these permenant.

Sincerely
Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End Transmission**
Comm ID: John Bess

Regarding the caps at Freeports

I'm moving around and take a look on the traffic around various Zoner installations.
I didn't encounter any issues so far but i had not visited Freeport 1.

Regarding pirating Zoners in Omega 49

It seems the Corsairs have moved to Omega 47.
' Wrote:Comm ID: J.Archer,
Chairman of the Zoner Council.

To: Ironfoot

sir, according to me are you voting on the wrong matter,
the "temporary" Corsair Ban has been closed for a while now,

these are other Motions,

your given vote is thus declared unvalid, please vote correctly on the current Motions,

signed J.Archer

Comm ID: Captain William Ironfoot
To: Zoner Council

I understand the current proposals entirely chairman, and I vote "no" to both , we can always enforce another temporary ban if needed but for now I beleive our point is made clear.

Further to this I would like to add,

Recently there as a been a welcome presence of the Colony Ship Auxium around Gran Canaria for which I wish to praise it's captain and crew. It is unfair for this vessel to shoulder providing support in this way alone therfore I propose that we set up some sort of "Home Guard", a volunteer force that can be mobilised to provide support for pirated traders on each major base and planet.

These do not have to be large capital ships, simply a small force of cruisers, destroyers or gunboats.

*Ironfoot out*
' Wrote:#1 making the "temporary" restrictions of Non-Zoner Capitals permanent around Fp1.

#2 set an "temporary" restriction of Non-Zoner Capitals around All
Zoner facility's,

Comm ID: Captain R. Kingston

Due to the improvement of the situation, I must vote a "nay" for both of the movements.

I would on the other hand, like to put forward sugestion. Due to the recent increase in zoner traders (and other factions) around zoner facilities and planets being pirated, I would like to propose the council vote on installing a permanent NFZ around these bases. Could the chairman please address this issue?

~Richard Kingston, Captain of the SS.Eclipse
**Incoming Transmission**
Comm ID: ZonerStoner captain Mohammad-Sadiq Al Noori

Distinguished delegates,

It is clear that incidents with Corsairs have become more frequent then they were before.

It is also clear that those have not been dealt with on an higher level, making the actions taken against perpetrators insignificant in the long term perspective.

Those that were proposed here were objected, since they do not reflect our ''nation'' (group of individuals) in the right manner. It is clear even among those who objected these actions that something should be done.

Here is the dilemma:
1)
How to, by punishment, send an clear message to all Corsairs (and similar factions) who claim to be our allies, yet some of their (although few) members keep braking our laws?

2)
How to do that without taking an action against the whole faction in matter?

Solution:
I would like to propose that we create sole database for those who have wronged against Zoners or their laws and contact their faction leaders in order for them to punish them.
Such measures would include an apology and compensation for the damage made to Zoners.

In case we do not receive an proof of the punishment from respective faction or compensation we ban that sole member from Freeports.

If he returns to make same mistake, or crime we place an bounty on his head.

If he does it for the 3rd time we declare him KoS for all Zoners and allies.

This is not an motion just an proposal, in order that we can solve these matters in the long term period. I believe our thinking should go that way if we don't want to end up in an confrontation of a larger size.

I understand that most of Council members have friends and/or close ties to many of these factions, but we have to think on the good of Zoners above all.

Until these problems are dealt with in proper manner I vote ''Yes'' to proposal 1 and 2.

May the peace and Love follow us wherever we go

Mohammad-Sadiq Al Noori

Comm ID: GJEUVN38V719BELHA
ID Trace: BT4-A45, Planet Manhattan, New York.

Displaying...

I would like to submit a yes vote for the first proposition.

I am withholding my vote for proposition two at this time, until I see more discussion on the subject or I am more inclined to vote one way or the other in this matter.

Transmission End.
To: Council of Zoners
Topic: vote on the permanent ban for capital ships

[font=Palatino Linotype]Dear Delegates,

On behalf of the Zoners Trading Consortium I hereby vote "Nay" for both initiatives of putting the permanent ban on the capital ships around Freeports.

We have an impression that the problem of capital ships causing trouble, has been more or less solved -- at least for now. The temporary ban for all the ships of certain class seems to be quite damaging for the freedom- and tolerance-oriented image of our installations -- therefore, if it's not an absolute necessity anymore -- let us resign from this.

Unfortunatelly, this positive impression doesn't regard the activity of the lower-class pirate vessels. It seems that we still have a problem with the pirate gunboats/VHFs, disturbing our trade routes. Recently it happens especially around our capital planet, which is additionally bothering. According to our prior discussions, it is very risky and rough method to ban entire nations for single bandits, but on the other hand I must agree that that it's too difficult to catch every single ruffian (especially if these cowards change their vessel names).

Maybe a compromise answer to this problem could be a kind of the [color=#FFFFFF]Zoners Blacklist Register
, maintained, broadcast and administered by the Zoners Authorities, based on the NFZ violation and piracy reports. This register could contain both single vessels and the entire banditing factions. Each vessel/faction could have assigned a proper status (ban / KOS / bounty / ...), based on the judgement of our authorities.

If we suceeded to implement such an institution, it would give us a common reference of whom we don't want to see around our stations. Thanks to the fact that we all could contribute to the list, and we all could fight off the bandits (groups of bandits) listed in the register -- it would work in a more efficent way than it does now, where we all seem to have more "private" enemies, with relatively low level of synergy.

Best regards,
Dr. Werner Mazursky
Zoners Trading Consortium Ltd.
TO: Council of Zoners

The crew and i spoke about this matter, and we decided "no". The freeports need those Cap's, especially the Jinkusu. The Jinkusu supports the Freeport with additional Biodomes. So, "NO" on both proposotions.

In addition, "we" sometimes fly the Colony to Omega 49 to guard the planet from spoiled cabbages (corsair) from pirating Zoners. However, they are now being seen in Omega 47.

Regards;

Capt.: F. Norichka
Comm ID: J.Archer,
Chairman of the Zoner Council.

Subject: current motions,

Brothers,sisters and fellow delegates,

it somehow felled as there was a miscommunication around here
I never said anything of a Ban, a restriction was at the order,
but anyway the voting has been closed,

the result on motion 1, 'make the temporary restriction permanent'

nay: 7 yay: 2

this motion has been rejected.