Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
Subject: Pirating and Omega 49

I'll open up a bit on this one. The piracy in Omega 49 is out of control. I think we need to tie this issue and the NFZ together as so many of these pirates will use a base or planet "as security." They aren't going to leave the comfort of the 5k and some, like Big Bully, will hide there for the 5k rule, pirate and open fire. Others in the past will run to safety within that zone when they realize how screwed they are to take advantage of the no fire rule.

I say keep things as is with the Sairs. The organized Corsairs aren't really as big an issue as some of these independents. All groups have their bad seeds. For proof, re-read my first paragraph. I personally have had good dealings with the Benitez clan and overall, the OPG and HAF as well. Last week's incident I don't think will hurt too bad as it seems most have let it go. As it is, I seldom see them in 49, only patrols mostly.
As it is, our relationship with the Corsairs is delicate and the repercussions of ruining that could hurt greatly as we share many borders with them AND share space with them in Delta and some other places.

So, before this gets put to a vote, we need to draw up a few things. Here are my suggestions:
-To all visitors. Dock, do your business and leave. It is not a safe haven and we do not have holding cells for captured pilots on Freeports.
-5k won't save you from a Zoner who has evidence enough of your menace as if you don't leave upon request, offenders will be fired upon.
-As far as Zoner systems go like 49 or even Theta, I think we should make the whole system a no tax system.

So, some fast ideas that I open for discussion if possible. We have groups awaiting decisions on this and I think it warrants action.

-Doc
**Incoming Transmission**
To: Council of Zoners

Message reads:

' Wrote:-To all visitors. Dock, do your business and leave. It is not a safe haven and we do not have holding cells for captured pilots on Freeports.
-5k won't save you from a Zoner who has evidence enough of your menace as if you don't leave upon request, offenders will be fired upon.
-As far as Zoner systems go like 49 or even Theta, I think we should make the whole system a no tax system.
-Doc

I have to agree with most of what Doc said here. The only issue would be to declare Theta a no tax zone. We would get alot of grief from both the sairs and OC's if we did that. Although making O-74and O-49 a no tax zone would be ideal.

As for the O-49 situation I think we need to renegotiate our agreement with the Sairs and explain that it will be a no Tax zone and all offenders will be dealt with.
I'd love to see all of O-49 a non tax zone, and Theta too if we can wrangle it. I think it should be obvious that O-74 already IS no-tax, seeing as how it's our guard system.
Comm ID: Malaclypse, Freeport 11 Infirmary.
CC: Council of Zoners.

Commander Damoclass,

I commend you on trying to bring some semblance of Order to the fiasco today. Your efforts to recall the "Indy" zoners Big-Bully and "KOBRA", and to calm the other BHG vessels present may have saved some lives, both aboard Zoner Guard vessels, and on Freeport 11 itself.

While the [TAZ]Chairman.Mal was destroyed during the incident, myself and my crew suffered only minor injuries, and were tractored in by the other Zoner vessels present.

As you pointed out, Commander.. the amazing thing is that "Billy", Captain of the Big-Bully, is obviously on some sort of deranged "vendetta" against Zoner vessels, yet has the "chutzpah" to avail himself of the Freeport's Hospitality. It boggles the Pineal, sir.

Again, we appreciate the efforts you made. Please convey our thanks and regards to the Guild Core and its leaders.

Regards,
Malaclypse, Chairman, CoZ

Comm ID: Doc Holliday

I think I like the idea of 74 and 49 being no tax zones. I think the Corsairs in Theta are pretty fair there as they do recognize it as our space for the most part..

Quote:As for the O-49 situation I think we need to renegotiate our agreement with the Sairs and explain that it will be a no Tax zone and all offenders will be dealt with.
Problem here is that most of the offenders are independent Corsairs, Hessians or whoever out of influence of their Councils.
**Incoming Transmission**
To: Council of Zoners

Message reads:

' Wrote:Comm ID: Doc Holliday
Problem here is that most of the offenders are independent Corsairs, Hessians or whoever out of influence of their Councils.

Agreed, but I think a warning that we will deal with the offenders should be in order to attempt to prevent any flare ups. Well after the initiail flare up that happen after we tell them initially. The Indies are going to be a problem reguardless of what we decide. but I think it would aviod alot of strife if we let the Sairs know that while yes they can continue to "patrole" if they want to but that O-49 is now a no tax zone and that we will defend it as such. If we just start attacking offenders without a notification, then it will get the Corsairs all riled up. We may even get them to agree with us and have their assistance in the matter. Although exspect them to want a concession in return.

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**
' Wrote:Here is the Agenda as decided previously:

<strike>1: Standardization of NFZ distances for all Freeports and facilities (High);</strike>

<strike>2: Whether to form a Council "Hostiles" list, or to use independent "contractors" to deal with those who break Zoner Law (High);</strike>

3: The issue of pirating, and our "agreement" with the Corsairs, in Omega 49 (High);

4: Establishing our own "Response Team" and/or using outside contractors (High);

5: Coriko Lameos' motion to ban members of the Slavers Union (Medium);

6: Actions of ZAS (Zoners Abolishing Slavery) vessels, primarily in Tau-37 (Medium);

7: Doc Holliday's suggestions regarding Gallia and a possible Iridium embargo (Low);

<strike>8: Adding a No-fly-zone around the ruins of Freeport 7 (Low-Medium);</strike>

<strike>9: Raising money for a Freeport 7 memorial beacon (Low);</strike>

10: Zoner colonization of Planet Sprague, Omega 3 (Low);

I will now open the Floor to further discussions and/or Motions.

Comm ID: GJEUVN38V719BELHA
To: Zoner Council
ID Trace: BT4-A45, Planet Stuttgart, Stuttgart.

Displaying...

With agenda item 3, I am unsure how to act. I agree with making Omega 49 as well as Omicron Theta an entirely non-tax zone, but apart from that I see nothing else to do unless the Corsairs decide to violate this. If they do, further discussions must be had.

Agenda item 4 is rather important, now that I believe the council has made the decision to use the Zoners to enforce the NFZ and our laws within our space as opposed to contractors. One of our Destroyers are located in Omega 49, and a Corvo Cruiser is being constructed at the moment. A Juggernaut is also on the drawing board. Our GB's are unfortunately preoccupied and will be unable to leave their postings.

Agenda item 10, whilst not being important, may prove to be important later on. Will we hire Planetform for this job?

Transmission End.
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient(s): Council

I think before we can talk about the creation of a response team, we have to deal with the underlying issue. That is the situation in Omega-49. I'm in favor of making the system a no-tax zone. But there is something else I'd like to address before this.

I've noted, and hinted at, the fact that the majority of the delegates on this council do not take advantage of their privilege, or responsibility, inherit in their position. My opinion is that people are beginning to see this council as a 'club.' We're not a frathouse, we're a democratic government. Those who can take part in this council should take part in it. But the paltry amount of votes we've gotten can't be described any better than pathetic. I don't find people using this council's name as some sort of power sticker when they can't be bothered to take part in our discussions or votes.

To fix this I propose we make a 'culling' of our registry. Those absent three votes in a row are taken off of the registry. Now I understand some people may not be able to vote due to circumstances that arise. For that reason, people may notify the chairperson to their situation and they would be exempt from any 'cullings.' Those who are culled may re-register with the council, provided they participate in the next three votes to occur after their registration.

But when only nineteen of forty-eight delegates vote, something is seriously wrong. When there is a problem, there is a fix. And I think it's high time we got around to doing so.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
I wholeheartedly agree. I move that we not only take up Delegate Silvan's proposal, we make it retroactive so that the most recent vote on voting rights counts, as well as any vote that occurs over this motion.
There is a motion on the floor.

To paraphrase: Miss three votes in a row, and you're out the door.

Is there a second?