Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**Incoming Transmission**

To: Council of Zoners

Message reads:

Well looking back here is our current list on the agenda.I have some updates also.

Quote:Item 1: TBH Counterproposal (Ambassador Holliday) ~In Progress~
Sephardi is ready when we are

Item 2: Negotiations with the QCP (Delegate Lightwing) ~In Progress~
Stalled / Ended

Item 3: Negotiation with Admiral Seith about the CoZ' Order Support (Delegate Salome) ~In Progress~

Item 4: Amendment to Official Policies (Delegate Salome)~Finished~

Item 5: "Penal Code" for NFZ Violations (Delegate Duke)
This item is so strongly related with the NFZ Violations that it is indeed a part of them and thus a part of the Official Zoner Policies. Both items, item 6 and item 7, can be put together to one vote containing two items.

Item 6: Ratification "Convention" (Delegate Duke)
With negotiations with Liberty not going as smoothly as I hoped, this may not be possible in the near future. We also may end up involved in negotiations with all the houses by the end.

Item 7: Chairman Election

I suggest we deal with both Admiral Seith next as well as finish up with Sephardi and the THB next.
Both have been waiting patiently.

Sam Nichols
CEO-OSI

**End of Transmission**

Comm ID: RFS Freedom

Greetings again. We believe that arranging with the Order to be able to safely travel near their bases in Omicron Minor and Alaska and access to some of their technology would certainly be beneficial, and more importantly, they are making this offer without trying to extort us for credits.

If one or more of the members or member groups of this Council is willing to make the necessary deliveries, we support the agreement.

Now, on an unrelated note, we have been following the negotiations with Liberty, and applaud our representatives' efforts on that front. Our question is, why do we seek the approval of House governments for our own laws? That would be akin to the Libertonian government seeking permission from the Zoners to change the rules governing New York.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew

Message reads:

I think I can answer Mr. Robinson's question. By getting the Houses to sign off on our policies, it gives us more pull in our dealings with them. If Liberty does sign, then Bretonia may also, and so forth and so on. While we may not be a house, we are a power to be reckoned with, and by signing that document they validate that fact.

Zoners were a scattered group of individuals for a lone time. As we have learned divided we are easy prey and can fall. United we are strong. Now I am not suggesting we are a nation or house, but we all have similar ideals and if we can get the Houses to recognize us as a whole, it will give us that much more bargaining power in the long run.

Admittedly our policies will stand regardless if Liberty agrees with them or not. They came to us first asking to bend the rules of the NFZ, I countered with a compromise and asked in return the ratify our policies. As things progressed and they beat their chest, I upped the ante to ratifying our policies and officially stating that Zoner bases and the NFZ are Zoner sovereign territory. While this has never really been in question before, neither has any of the houses officially recognized it either.

I hope this answers you questions. As one of your original statements OSI will be happy to assist the Order, once we settle a few issues with the OPG. I am waiting to see exactly where things land with Sephardi before I broach that issue. Although I will suggest to my folks if they care to risk it, it is a good cause.

Samuel Nichols
CEO-OSI

**End of Transmission**

Sam Nichols
CEO-OSI

**End of Transmission**
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday

Something to consider. I've been in chats with the Bretonian crown. They have been fairly informal but still trying to bridge some gaps and maybe heal a few wounds.
Mr. Nichols, I have already presented Admiral Nelson with a copy of the new NFZ laws. I'll work on Bretonia and you keep at it in Liberty. A fine job you are doing, Sir!

Now, on to another matter. We have 5 delegates who are being dropped from the voting roster for missing 3 consecutive votes. As a result, the Council of Zoners delegate list will be updated to reflect this. Remember, when people register to vote on Zoner issues, it is expected that they use the priviledge or be dropped.
The following 5 delegates are now dropped:

-Melliar
-Georg Thorfinsson
-Gordon Michaels, OSI.
-EXJ#03069
-Julia "Halloween" Hal

You may re-submit for voting status at a later time.
Thank you, Secretary Reynalds, for keeping a running record of votes and such.

-Doc
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
Encryption: High
To: All Delegates

Good Morning, Delegates,

I think it's time we put the Order's proposal to a vote and get yet more work out of the way.

Here is the proposal which for all intensive purposes, is quite simple:

Quote:-Order is in need of 30.000 tons of Deuterium every two weeks to complete the enrichment of fuel and move the fleets.

-Also, for offered Order ships, up to recon class vessels, we request an additional ship price (doubling the price) for operational expenses.

For anything bigger than a Hathor, it will be necessary to discuss this with the Order Command staff and they will kindly request half of the production costs as contribution fees.

-We also offer refuge to Zoner craft in Alaska and Minor over our bases.

*looks at pocket watch*

It is now 1200 SMT. I will keep the vote open until Wednesday at 2400 SMT.
-Doc

Comm ID: RFS Freedom

Greetings, Council!

We hereby issue a YEA vote to this proposal, in light of the fact that a certain group represented here has graciously offered to fulfill the delivery contract.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
to: the council

"this proposal is reasonable as discussed earlier in this channel. - my vote is "yes" to support the good partnership with the order in their times of need. -

E.Tate out"

Message reads:

I cast my vote as Yes to assist the Order.

Samuel Nichols
CEO-OSI

**End of Transmission**

Sam Nichols
CEO-OSI

**End of Transmission**
------- Incoming Transmission -------

Subject: Order proposal

--- Message Begins --

Delegates,

I vote Yay to this issue. Any inconvenience in getting the Deuterium through pirates is vastly outweighed by the possibility of having Nomads run amok in the Omicrons.

Spartacus Out

--- Message Ends ---

------- Transmission Terminated --------

Great Council,

my vote is Yes.

Sincerely,
Louisa