Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**Incoming Transmission**

To: The Council of Zoners

Message reads:

Actually Bretonia extended into O-3 a while back. They have military patrols moving all the way to the O-7 gate and have for a while now. Mainly to combat the Corsair and Hessian threat. As for the agreement, all the lease does is allow them to save some face in regards to Port Jackson. I highly doubt they will ever relinquish "the space" in O-3 and to ask at this point would be futile and kill both deals. As for the sovereignty of FP1, that is not really in question. It was just a way for the Bretonians to save face.

Sam Nichols
CEO-OSI

**End of Transmission**
' Wrote:**Incoming Transmission**

Message reads:

Actually Bretonia extended into O-3 a while back. They have military patrols moving all the way to the O-7 gate and have for a while now. Mainly to combat the Corsair and Hessian threat. As for the agreement, all the lease does is allow them to save some face in regards to Port Jackson. I highly doubt they will ever relinquish "the space" in O-3 and to ask at this point would be futile and kill both deals. As for the sovereignty of FP1, that is not really in question. It was just a way for the Bretonians to save face.

Sam Nichols
CEO-OSI

**End of Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

Hmm..sounds to me like someone dropped the ball on that one. We may wish to think on a long-term way to reverse that particular chain of events. The last thing we need is Freeport 1 to get 'absorbed' over time or used as some sort of forward base for the Bretonians. I'm sure our Corsair buddies would just LOVE that.

And from what I can tell, the Bretonian government hasn't really been doing us many favors with this QCP thing. Can you summarize these outstanding 'deals' in terms of what we're getting out of it that makes it worth dealing with having Brits buzzing all over O-3 and the aforementioned potential diplomatic headache?

**Transmission ends**
Comms ID: Yev Lightwing

I was assigned to Freeport 1 patrol duties for over two weeks, daily. This was due to reports of Corsairs using FP1 as a base of operations. After two weeks of solid day to day guarding I didn't see a single Corsair land on the base after/before taxing folks in Omega 3.

I have also been following the QCP -- Zoner Council negotiation logs. They are predictable and a waste of our Chairman's time. I recommend that he end talks with the QCP for good and worry about something more worthy.
**Incoming transmission**
Comm ID: Brotherhood&Unity
To the: CoZ
Subject: Chairman of the CoZ

Fellow delegates,
Due to recent developments I would like to propose E. Tate to take over the position of the chairman of the CoZ until distinguished delegates Holliday and/or Malaclypse return from their absence.
We need someone who can represent CoZ in negotiations and diplomacy and since we're left with few choices I would like to propose delegate E. Tate for that job

Peace to us all

Mohammad-Sadiq Al Noori

P.S. Upper proposal still awaits for delegate Tate's acceptance of the candidature of course. It is temporary position so I sincerely hope it will be accepted

**End of transmission**
***signal lost***
' Wrote:Comm ID: Malcolm Reynolds
To: COZ, Chairman Holliday
RE: NFZ Treaty
I agree with delegate Robinson sentiments, I also don't want the Sovereignty of Freeport 1 to be tied at the hip with the Bowex agreement. In it's current form it sounds almost like extortion, inventing a new lease for space that the Station has occupied for decades to counter a recent lease for a new facility (port Jackson) that has recently been constructed.

I believe that the spirit of the counter Lease is simply that we give up the financial gain from Bowex, in exchange for Britonia Signing the NFZ treaty.
What I would propose instead is:
I believe it also makes us look better diplomatically.
It makes it look like Britonia is recognizing what's ours, not us looking like squatters on their land. It should also give us some leverage with our negotiations with the QCP since they wanted us to "allow the delivery of Britonian refugees to the Port Jackson colony at no additional cost to Bowex" as one of their original demands, and that's what we would be doing. However as part of the NFZ treaty, we would be getting something in return for it.
Signed,

Malcolm Reynolds
Secretary/Treasurer, COZ

Comm ID: RFS Freedom

Agreed.

Also, I move to vote to approve all pending requests to access our technology, with the standard guidelines.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew

Message reads:

Well with the state of the many goings on in this council, I think it is time for OSI to leave. The direction that the COZ is taking...or well it would be nice if there actually was a direction it was taking, is not the direction I want for OSI. From here on out I am removing myself as a delegate, and OSI will handle our own business. I wish any new Chairman the best of luck, they will need it. Someone else will have to take over the Liberty and Bretonia talks.

Sam Nichols
CEO-OSI

**End of Transmission**
.::Incoming Transmission::.
Message to : Council of Zoners
Comm ID: Yev Lightwing. (]c[)

Likewise, I will also be submitting my resignation. Before you jump to conclusions, I am not leaving simply because others are. I have enjoyed being a part of this organization but I think that the time has come for me to move on. CoZ served its purpose to unite the Zoners and make them stronger all across Sirius. I believe we have achieved this and have done all we can.

At the present, however, I am not sure that the Council has a purpose anymore. Recent lack of activity for the past month reflects this notion. It also seems that factions like OSI and ZAS want to deal on their own terms. ZTC may be as well, although you'll have to hear it from my superiors as I'm not 100% sure.

Sincerely,
Yev Lightwing,
(]c[), Apprentice
To: Council of Zoners

Great Council,

since Malaclypse left this council we have all witnessed Eris' full strength which is a valuable experience of course but still not welcomed if we want to pursue common Zoner politics.

If I would not resign with this message I would have supported the nomination of Elizabeth Tate as Chairwoman of the Council of Zoners, and I assume that she will be able to lead this council of indepentent Zoners together with Aurelia Silvan, an excellent diplomat it seems, to a prosperous future. I hope that our cooperation in the SHIZL will continue as good as it has been until today, and I will continue to help out in the ZRT of course. If you agree I will remain in these chambers as a consulting member without the right to vote, just telling my opinion now and then.

The Zoners Trading Consortium will stay in touch with you all if you like, but I doubt that we are a sharing the same goals regarding certain details. The Consortium as a whole has to part now, which is also a chance for all independent Zoners assembled in this council to wield more power because "One Zoner, One Vote" has shifted the balance of power in these chambers dramatically.

Yours,
Louisa
.::Incoming Transmission::.
Comm ID: Yev Lightwing. (]c[)

The Council did a great deal to bring many Zoners together, establish a number of edicts, which no doubt will continue to be supported by OSI and ZTC, and made us stronger as individuals (at least me). The ZRT is also going to continue to function, which is an invaluable tool for Zoners everywhere.
..:: Estableshing connection ::..
..:: Incoming Transmission ::..

Comm ID: Charles M. Burns, (]c[)
Topic: resignment

I dont think i have to add any further comemnt regarding this. Hereby i resign my membership in the Council until further notice. Let's see what the future will bring to us. Of course i'll be still available for any ZRT calls.

Greets,
Charles

..:: Ending Transmission ::..
..:: Closing connection ::..