Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i will nominate Elizabeth Tate, known as (Jinx.)

reason i dunno, she/he is really active in zoners council
' Wrote:i will nominate Elizabeth Tate, known as (Jinx.)

reason i dunno, she/he is really active in zoners council

Comm ID: Malaclypse

Another nomination, though I suppose it's really a second, for Madam Tate.

C'mon, Delegates. This is your Council, it's your responsibility to choose who leads it.

Are there other nominations?
This is Alan Groteck, I know I'm new here but shane seems to be a vital part of this community. I won't officially nominate him but would rather propose that he be asked if he was interested and/or if the Council is ok with him.
ID: Counsillor Reikan
To: Zoner Council
I third the nomination of Miss Tate. She has proven to be an able person for the job.

Reikan Out

While i'm flattered as well as almost having a painc attack at seeing my name put forward for the chair I have but one thing to say " you'd have to put a gun to my head to make sure i sit in the chair" otherwise i'll just hide behind a convient sun or black hole sir.

I must humbily refuse the nomination mal
to: council of zoners

"i just had to receive a message about nominations. i am very afraid that i am too busy here to take up any post as a more active council member, so better vote for someone else. i ll gladly support whoever is willing to take the chair.

all in all, i only get informations and trends here with a considerable delay. when the ships systems are powered down, i sometimes don t receive any communication from the core or the distant systems for an entire week.

so i d suggest someone who is currently into the subject of the urgent threat of the harvesters as it concerns the zoners the most at this time. - personally, the only time i have ever seen those was at the time that we were called to defend canaria. other than that, they never even showed up on long range in delta.

sincerely E.Tate"

Well, Brothers and Sisters, there you have it.. the opinion of the Zoner Community on Councils and politics and such.

Two nominees were presented for election to the Chair of this Council. Both nominees declined the responsibility. Apparently no one wants to touch the duty with a ten-foot pole.

At this point, i presume we have two choices... either open the Chairmanship to a volunteer, with a confirming vote; or, close the doors and go on with our lives.

Personally, I do not care either way. I have seen no meaningful decisions arise from our deliberations. I have seen no changes in the way that Zoners conduct their business due to this Council's existence. Our only contribution seems to have been as a forum for displaying that we are in fact individuals, and not apt to change or agree on anything.

My tenure on this Council, and as its acting Chairwarmer, has been interesting to say the least. Sometimes it has provided an exciting challenge; but, most times it has proven to be a crashing bore.

If a volunteer Chairperson does not present himself or herself within 72 hours, I suggest we donate this bandwidth to the Tamariki o Aotearoa on Leeds. I hear they want to start an "all Maori" music and news channel for their Tribe.

23's,
Mal

to: the council

"i wonder what you actually expect from the council. - it is a place to come together ( if not in person, then at least in video conference or audio ) and discuss. - we discuss, but we do not govern. - it is to exchange moods and voices over the vast distances of space, nothing more and nothing less.

we can make decissions - but as the council does not reflect all zoners or in any way even a true consensus of whats right and whats good, it can only be so much. closing it down would mean to close a channel to come together and have a chat. - so before it closes down, i d prolly take the chair - reluctantly, mind you.

the council has by no means been useless, but has been helpful in displaying what this part of the zoner community thinks. it is not meant to change our ways or even our attitudes, but it is meant to show us the many other opinions about the various matters aswell as a channel for outsiders to ask questions about our ways.

maybe - in the far future, the council will gain the power to actually decide about matters and enforce them properly. - but up to now, it is nither certain if such power should be granted nor if such a way betrays the thought of the zoners as individualitst anyway. - we shall wait and see what developements will shape this community.

if i take the chair, i will only ensure that everyone keeps a civil tone and that opinions and decissions are made on a reasonable base. - We shoudl just try to keep this channel open for everyone, especially new members of the zoner society.

E.Tate out

postscript: mind, due to the great distance to most of the other stations, i can only check the council channels so many times."

Rather than close this channel I will accept the nomination and would accept the chair till someone who would be better for the position comes forward.

shane

So much for an "all-Maori, all the time" comms channel then.

I'm heartened, and somewhat amused. It appears our little "knitting circle" is somewhat popular after all.

I believe both nominations have been seconded, so let's get down and dirty with the voting, eh?

Madam Tate, you have my vote.

Mal