Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**Incoming Transmission**
Comm ID: Captain Trogdor

I'd like to place a very firm nay on this motion.

It was mentioned that we have poor turnout, but... with the recent addition of so many voters, I think the ones that don't vote will already be drowned out by the torrent of those who do.

Secondly, not every issue affects every Zoner. The business in Gallia is a prime example, particularly for many of our guard pilots who would not be welcome there under any circumstance. You'd have them feel obligated to show up just so they can say "Abstain!"? Or worse, compel them to vote on an issue just for the sake of voting?

It seems counterproductive to me.

I say let's let it stand as-is. Those who have issues to be resolved or wish to make their opinions known have the right. If they choose not to exercise it, that's their right too, but they've little traction if something comes to pass that they don't like and they didn't vote on it. But no one should be pointing a blaster at them to do it.

This motion, 'participate or you're out!', seems to fly in the face of the freedom we cherish.
"Should Delegates be removed from the Council if they miss three consecutive votes, unless valid notification for not voting is given to the Chair?"

Doc Holliday, [TAZ] Yea
Coriko Lameos, ZAS~
Samuel Nichols, OSI Yea
Dr. Werner Mazursky, (]c[)
Aurelia Silvan, (Dab) Yea
Elizabeth Tate, (Jinx.) Nay
Capt. Black, (Tanker)
Bradford, Michael, (death magnetic)
Lloyd Black, (Thexare)
Top, (Cannon)
Robert Dunn, (Tic)
Lucky LeRoux, (Lucky LeRoux)
~stinger~, (Hood)
James Star, (TheStar)
Alan West, (ivr56)
Mannock, (Mannock)
Rashida, (Derkylos)
William M. Callaghan, (Graf Petersen)
Dr Bearnard Adelaide, (NerdRage)
BT4-A45, (n00bl3t) Abstains
Robinson, Captain, (Quorg) Yea
Cordova, Victor, (Novakiller)
Elonin, Elias, (Meggido)
Sheppard, Oren, (Logo)
Thorfinnssen, Georg, (Clarkie)
(?), (Souldealer)
Kikatsu, Kara, (kikatsu)
Ilyich, Ivan, (Ivan Ilyich)
Nomura, Satoru, (Robert Fitzgerald)
Fat Joe, (Courage)
Mosinger, Alan, (Sempai 17)
Trogdor, Cpt., (Trogdor) Nay
Hazaken, Meiun, (Meiun)
John Bess, (Dragonlancer)
BruCE, (BruCE)
Baker, Kyle, (Carbon Unit 02)
Ironfoot, William, (Ironfoot) Nay
Stagg, Alex, (SebiNox)
Linson Collan, (Leadcrows)
Kingston, Richard, (Recoil9000)
Ventana, Ray, (Ventana)
Al Noori, Mohammad-Sadiq, (dead_shot)
Shestov, Lev, (Dancing Bears) Yea
Kristall, Peter, (Peter Kristall)
Reynolds, Mal, (Malcolm_Reynalds) Yea
Salome, Lou, (]c[), (Lousal)
Mercury, Chris, (Stygian)
Lightwing, Yev, (Bluespawn) Yea
Huh?...wha?.....Oh, oh...huh?... Oh, thats it, Mal, I thought seconding the motion showed my vote, but here's guessing not. I vote uhm....uh....Yea.
' Wrote:Moved and seconded.

This Motion will now be known as "Three slacks and you're out" Motion, unless you have a note from the Chair for tardiness.

I will add that for the purposes of this Policy, if approved, the Chair will use this vote, the vote on voting, and the vote voting on the Agenda for the first "housecleaning".

So.. vote!!

Okey, okey: "Should Delegates be removed from the Council if they miss three consecutive votes, unless valid notification for not voting is given to the Chair?"

Now vote!

COMMID: William Ironfoot

I have to vote "Nay" to this, what if three votes are only days apart?, a time element should be involved, like for instance if you miss 3 votes within 1 month.

To the Council:

We the crew of the Freedom hereby vote "YAY" to the proposal at hand, so long as those who post to the council without voting (ie. abstentions) are not eliminated from the list.

With so many new delegates, it only makes sense that those who don't place votes or otherwise participate should be weeded out to keep our numbers in check, lest the Council become a hotbed for feudalesque absenteeism. Regarding the "freedom" issue, it is up to each individual whether he wants to participate; the Council doesn't try to exert its influence over non-members.

-Jonah Robinson
**Incoming Transmission**
To: The Council of Zoners

Message reads

On the current 3 slacks an your out rule I vote Yes.

While we can not force folks to participate I think that by registering to on the council to vote, that by definition implies intention. Nothing saying that folks can not just read the minutes of our discussions to see what is going on, but if you are going to vote, then vote, or at least pop up every once in a while and abstain. This will keep our numbers manageable and let the Chair know how long to set the time limits on voting.

With the recent motion to let all Zoners have the ability to register then our numbers could balloon up and if we do give ample time to let all interested in voting the time to do so then it could cause issue. So in the interest to keeping those numbers limited to those who are going to participate at least on a semi regular basis I think this is a good idea.

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**
Comm ID: Ivan.Ilyich
Source: Freeport 6, Tau-29
Destination: Council of Zoners
Encryption Level: 3

In regards to the missed-votes motion:
The crew of Delta-7 vote in favour of the proposal, but would like to express our reservations regarding timing. Sometimes, like now, we have many votes running close together, and other times it is quite slow. It would be best to send a message to the absent delegate's private comms and see if there is a response, so as not to kick out somebody on vacation or laid up in medical.

In regards to the tax-free motion:
The crew of Delta-7 vote in favour of the motion to make Ω49 a tax free zone. Theta has too much outisder activity for such a measure and is generally not a problem anyway, let's not try to assert too much authority over it. O-74 should be quite obvious in the first place, non-zoner commerical traffic should not be occuring anywhere except near the freeport anyway.

Piracy within the NFZ of our bases should be considered a violation anyway, as it encites gunfire more often than not.

-Mr. Ilyich, ZT Delta-7
Comm ID: Chairman Mal

Delegates,

There seems to be some consternation over the wording of the Motion, and the possibility that those potentially "dedicated" Members of the Council might be "axed' while on a sabbatical or taking care of other business. I have received numerous private messages regarding this possibility.

Therefore I am making an "executive" decision to amend the Motion to include the "15 day" clause, for expediency's sake.

The motion now reads:

"Should Delegates be removed from the Council if they miss three consecutive votes, AND are absent from Council matters for more than 15 days, unless valid notification for their absence is given to the Chair?"

Those who have already voted on the motion may change their vote if desired.

Thank you.
3 votes, or 3 votes + 15 days, makes little difference to me. I vote YEA.
-Peter Kristall
On the Amended Motion:

"Should Delegates be removed from the Council if they miss three consecutive votes, AND are absent from Council matters for more than 15 days, unless valid notification for their absence is given to the Chair?"

Doc Holliday, [TAZ] Yea
Coriko Lameos, ZAS~
Samuel Nichols, OSI Yea
Dr. Werner Mazursky, (]c[)
Aurelia Silvan, (Dab) Yea
Elizabeth Tate, (Jinx.) Nay
Capt. Black, (Tanker)
Bradford, Michael, (death magnetic)
Lloyd Black, (Thexare)
Top, (Cannon)
Robert Dunn, (Tic)
Lucky LeRoux, (Lucky LeRoux)