Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: J.Archer

If I read it correct,

"All vessels engaged in a fight will not have rights to enter a freeport safe zone.
The reason will be to avoid any damages from the aggressive part due to a misfire."

the main thing around freeport 1 is that there are lots of different factions, mainly corsairs, red hessians and the Bretonia Armed forces, I accidently saved an corsairs life due to the fact I didnt knew he was running from a fight with the Armed forces,I only telled the armed Forces they entered the 6k range of freeport 1, there where many corsair ships near Fp1 at that time. ah well I will aply this rule if accepted by the Council,
on that point I vote Yay,

Greets J.Archer
--Incoming Transmission--
--Subject: FP1 "laws" and Implementation--

Rashida appears on the hologram, lying on a couch, a half-full bottle of clear, unlabelled liquid in her hand.

"Now, I's been finking about dese Freeport "laws" what we 'as, an', wiv respec' to da situashun at Freeport 1. We's gettin' a lota buisness fru dere recentlee, possibly due ta da situashun in da Taus, an', what wiv all da complaints ta da council an' stuff, I fought I'd take a look-see meself. So, I was idlin' me ship by da 'Port, an' witnessed a lot o' interestin' 'appenin's.

"First off, several 'Sairs were witnessed to 'ave based fings dere, rangin' from fighters ta gunboats. Now, I need onlee remind ya what 'appened at Freeport 2 atween da Unioners an' da Rheinland govvinment...I's sure we du' want nuffin' like dat...or worse...'appenin' at Freeport 1. One o' dese 'Sairs went as far as ta park 'is ship right outside da 'Port when dere were some 'Tonians 'untin' fer 'im, tauntin' 'em wiv da fact dat 'ee couldn' be killed. Da 'Tonians were veree kind in decidin' not ta press da matter further, but I fears we can't 'spect 'em ta 'old off every time dis sorta fing 'appens.

"Now, I would like ta make da followin' proposals about da rules aroun' da port. Mind yew, dese only applies at Freeport 1, I dun' 'spect 'em ta 'ave any impact on anywhere else.
First off, da "no-fire" zone. 'Avin' it at 6k is not necessary. No weapons currentlee unner manufacshun can reach dat distance, an' it's kinda 'ard ta get a capital ship inta dat ice field, anyways. I proposes dat da Freeport an' its immediate vicinity as enclosed by da trade lane exits be da no-fire zone, as well as a 1 or 2k spread up to da edge o' da ice field.
Secondly, I proposes dat no one but Zonas bee's alowed ta base ships offove da 'port. If we allows people from one facshun ta base dere, dere enemies will, naturally, be a li'l bit annoyed, viewin' it as an 'ostile base in some extreme circumstances. Freeports are open ta all fer trade an' repairs, not as some place ta' base armees fer wagin', war.
Finalee, I sees da issue o' prisoners was adressed by removin' dat clause. I totalee supports dis, despide da fact dat I respects da individual's freedom above all else, prisoners sometimes 'ave ta be taken fer a reason, an' 'oo are we ta judge 'em?"

She pauses for a moment, as if deep in thought, and takes a swig from the bottle. Then, picking her words very carefully, she continues,

"One final point I 'as ta make about Freeport laws an' no-fire zones. Most o' da time, our concern is not wiv da conflicts o' uvvers. Let dem shoot each uvver, let 'em kill, if dat is dere way, so be it. Freeport 11 is a speshal case. Dere is a war, dere, 'atween all o' 'umanitee an' Nomads. In dis case, a common agreement ta lay aside our diff'rences an' focus on da common foe is a must.
'Owever, in da more 'eavily populated zones o' Sirius, we must 'member dat people will still be shootin' each uvver over one dispute or anuvver. We must distance oursel's from dese conflicts, not supportin' either side, if we 'opes ta maintain our neutral stance. An' tellin' people where dey can an' cannot fight does not build good relashuns."

She finishes off the bottle in one go and tries to stand, but falls back onto the couch, "'Ey, get me some more o' dis stuff, it's good...where did ya say it came from?..."

...The link cuts out
--Transmission Ends--
Comm ID: Malaclypse, Corinth

Fellow Delegates,

I am pleased to report that all Council Delegates, staff, and facilities have been safely delivered to Corinth Research Station.

Waverly and the Bafflin' Queen were accompanied by Sister Dulcinea for security, and by Brother Lucky in the Fox_Electra.

[attachmentid=5486]

Lucky had enough wares to open a nice little Trinket Shop on the main passage, and Reggie was able to secure office space for Waverly LLC and Laughing Goddess Productions.

Both Mama Dis and myself were on hand to greet the Convoy at Corinth.

[attachmentid=5487]

Reggie will be returning to Bafflin' to continue transporting new pilgrims and tourists to Shasta. Shamus has reported in from Freeport 1, and will assist Captain Archer there until Temple Guards Fyre and Cid arrive for duty assignment.

Speaking of Freeport 1, Sister Rashida, you are more intelligent than you wish to admit, my dear. I agree that 6K is an odd number to remember. The no-fire zone around all Freeports should be standardized, and 5K would be more than adequate in my estimation.

I also agree that while we shouldn't be taking sides in local conflicts, we should indeed let it be known in no uncertain terms that we will not tolerate the use of Freeports as "staging points" for hostilities between combatants. Repair and resupply occassionaly, yes; but permanent berthing of warships from ANY faction other than Zoners should be noted and rectified.

I move that such a "no berthing" clause be included in any standardized policy for our Freeports.

Comm ID: Suzi
To: The Council of Zoners

***A Spinning, effervescent Orb descends gently from the heights of the new Council Chambers and a strong, clear, female face appears from the shimmering globe, a firm voice speaks***

"Normally I would have processed this report through TAZ lines to the Council, but felt in this instance that time may well be of the essence.

I have just been through a space exploration and mapping exercise which included an excursion through Omega 3, in particular, visiting the Outstations and people around Freeport 1.

In passing through the area, I heard numerous rumours and allegations of increased pirate activity, in respect of which, a number of Traders I chatted to expressed particular concern regarding Corsairs, who seem to be utilising Freeport 1 as a base.

One trader told me he had seen up to 5 Corsair Gunboats parked directly outside FP1 ready for action! If this is the case then we must investigate further and deal with the issue.

These people have passed me this information by whispers and guarded conversations only, as they wish to remain anonymous due to threats they claim have been made against their trades and families. Therefore I have no fixed evidence I can pass on to the Council at this time and the tales are unsubstantiated to me, a matter of rumour and gossip, but nevertheless worrying in their volume.

So, due to the lack of hard evidence, I cannot offer any proof of allegations at this point but will remain in the area, continue to monitor ship movements and further investigate activities....

At this point I would be pleased if the Council would take note of this potential issue, we cannot tolerate Corsairs using a Freeport as a Home Base!

***The Orb appears to spin Slower***

The image diminishes, fades and finally pops from view......

Suzi...
Comm ID: I.K.S. Vor'tcha, Commander Matok
To: Zoner Council

If it is suitable to the council, I can start basing my crew at FP1 to keep a monitor on things. I agree with Suzi, no faction should be using it as a base of action.

Matok out.
COMM ID: Fyre

TO: Zoner Council

Encypt: Binary

****************************** MESSAGE BEGINS *******************************************

It seems that most of the assests have been safely moved with only a few stragglers left on Gran C. The situation on FP 1 concerns me, however our friend with the rather large ship, seems to have the right idea. I agree with the notion of a no berthing policy regarding previous transmissions. I shall be arriving there shortly to resupply and pay my respects in person. Awaiting operational orders, per Mal.

With deepest respect,

I remain,

ITSOTAZ

Fyre

*********************** MESSAGE ENDS ****************************************************
COMM ID: Fyre

TO: Council
RE: Arrival
Encrypt: Binary

********************** MESSAGE BEGINS ***************************************************
Greetings and Salutations.

I have arrived and docked at Sparta. While my ship is being refit, I'll be taking a shuttle over to pay my respects in person. I do hope the new location suits you. Security is obviously first rate here and I'll feel better knowing that the Council is out of harm's way in this place.

I hear that the food is excellent, though I'm sure Sophie might want to see about either establishing a presence here for her excellent cuisine or perhaps regular shipments from Gran C.

I shall be there shortly.

I remain,

ITSOTAZ

Fyre

****************** MESSAGE ENDS ******************************************************
Comm ID: J.Archer,

an other concern now, the Transponder aboard the Alcmaria Vitrix soon changes, instead of the regular Zoner transponder the Gaurd transponder awaits the ship, if installed im giveing a party aboard the Alcmaria Vitrix.

Im pleased to hear doc.Holiday brings his crew to Fp1, if corsairs want to refeul and resuply its fine by me, but they have to leave the safe zone after that, as noticed I was too kind for them.

Greets J.Archer
Comm ID: I.K.S. Vor'tcha
To: Entrepreneur

Doc won't be near FP1. He flies a ST seriers Borderworld Freighter and wouldn't last long against a hostile attack. Make no mistake, he would fight if he had too. My crew and I aboard the Vor'tcha, a Gunboat, are willing to make our way there for a security detail as needed.

Commander Matok out.
--Transmission from Rashida--

Rashida stands in front of a large screen, onto which is projected a map. She looks it over for a moment, before turning back,

"Well, I fought I'd get some more surveys on da current situashun in Omega-3, so, lesse,"

she pauses for a bit, then waves at the bottom of the image,

"As yew can see, both BMM an' Daumann 'as interests in da system. Dey's minin' da fields in da "souf" which is fulla 'idrocarbons or summat. Anyways, dat leaves us wiv da remainin' free fields, alla which are part o' da Barrier, and are, derefore, ice clouds, an' not o' great indushtrial significance.

"Now, I's quite sure dat bof Daumann an' BMM is 'appy ta be able ta use our 'port ta resupply on da long runs out ta dese minin' facilities, an' on da way back when dey's full o' whatevah it is dey mines. Nat'rlly, dis also means dat da BAF an' RM 'old a small interest in da system, as dese people is dere citizens, afta all.

"Den we 'as da "uvver side o' da law", namely 'Essians an' 'Sairs. Bof o' dese organizashuns comes from da same place," she indicates the Omega-5 hole, "'Owever, dey do not 'ave da same targets. While da 'Essians is more interested in attackin' Daumann 'oldin's in revenge fer dere percieved oppreshun, 'Sairs is more interested in 'ittin' 'Tonian shippin' an' even movin' further up inta 'Tonia ta attack dere 'eartlands.

"Fort'nately, as ya can see from dis image 'ere, we's not directlee in da line o' fire o' any o' dese interests, which is one fing in our favor, an' prob'ly part o' da reason da 'port was built dere in da first place."

She presses a button on the console, and the image zooms in on the Freeport and it's surroundings.

"'Ere, yew can see dat da 'Port itself is constructed on da edge o' unna da ice fields an' next ta da trade lane entrances. If ya noticed da last view I showed ya, dere was a ring aroun' da 'Port. Dis is da 'pproximate area dat yer 6k no-fire would encompass. I can tell ya now dat it extends out ta 'alfway atween da first an' second Trade Lane rings. Fer us, dose 'oo would prefer ta lay caim ta as li'l as possible an' to impose as few rules on each uvver as we can, fer us ta lay claim ta Trade Lane rings built by da 'Tonian govvinment seems a mite 'ippocritical ta me, but mebbe dats jus' me.

"Anyways, I'd like ta introduce ya t' me gunner offisah, 'ee knows more about dis sorta stuff dan me, fer a rundown on weapons an' da 'port."

She beckons to someone off-camera, and a huge mountain of a man steps forwards. Rashida steps to the side,

"Go on, Bobby, tell 'em what ya tol' me."

The man slowly faces the camera and begins to speak haltingly, as though unused to such an action,

"W...well, mizz Rashida here, she was nice enough to let me do...uh...some field trials...and...well...you all know that the...Gremlyn," he seems unwilling to ennunciate the ship's name, "is a destroyer class. Well...her guns have a maximum range of some 2k, with even her more powerful mortar only reaching 3.5k. At these sorts of ranges, in this type of terrain," he gestures, shyly, at the ice field, "It is nearly impossible to hit anything. As for getting a battleship in there...it would never be able to maneuver..."

He looks at Rashida, who nods, then he scurries off.

"Well, as ya can see, folks, dere ain't much real threat from capital class ships, 'ere, 'ell, 'twould be quite 'ard ta get 'em inta Omega-3 in da first place, what wiv all da 'roids around. Anyways, I'll stay in da vicinitee o' Freeport 1, monitorin' da situashun. Mebbe mistah Archer could contact me somewhen an' we could do some more observashuns an' testin' "on da spot" as 'twere"

--Transmission Ends--