Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
to: the CoZ

regarding: the Apocalypse wing

"dear delegates. - i have just received a message from our esteemed representatives of the largest Zoner factions, the [TAZ], the OSI and the ZTC.

A months has passed since these factions allowed the Apocalypse wing a special allowance for some of our installations for emergency repairs to maintain their technology and to keep their crews healthy. - the deal was for the Apocalypse wing to work hard on loosing their fugitive status and to get to peace with at least their parent faction again.

Sadly though we have to face the facts that this has not happened successfully. - the Apocalypse wing is regarded as hostile by the BHG as before - and earlier reports also indicate that there were troublesome incidents that put the zoners into a tightspot regarding the other estabilished factions - especially in and around omicron-delta.

due to those precious relationships we keep in delta, we Zoners cannot afford to endanger the mutual agreements with yaren outpost and their inhabitants nor the guildcore which deploys a powerful military there or our close allies, the order.
we decided that the time has come to part with this lenient policy and to apply a more pragmatic one.

it was decided to declare the apocalypse as "unfriendly" - and disallow them into our special NFZ zones around ANY zoner station ( except gammu and primus, which are not really ours anyway )

the Apocalypse marked ships are not allowed to enter the freeport security perimeter - and if they do, they are to be asked to leave ( gently ) - if they refuse, a more forceful manner may be applied - but only to pronounce our will to keep them out of our NFZ.

the apocalypse wing will not be allowed emergency docking either. that means, even if they are approaching burning and breaking apart - they are not to be allowed docking. - but their chasers may still not violate the NFZ. - if they are considered to be highly dangerous for the safety of the station though - they may be forcefully driven out of the NFZ again of course.

furthermore, the apocalypse wing will not be allowed to use omicron-74 anymore as a transit - as the whole system acts as a "no-fire-special-zone".

being marked "unfriendly" means that zoners may well defend themselves against them if needed, but are asked not to hunt them. - so we d urge fellow zoners not to provoke them, taunt them but simply to avoid them. - we are not out there to kill others - and we should also not ask others to try to kill us.

this ban from zoner installations will be in place for 3 months after the public announcement of this decision. - a time in which the apocalypse wing might redeem itself or worsen things - but it is up to them. it is the time that we will stay out of these matters that are originally not our business but an internal BHG guild business.

should the apocalypse wing attack zoners - and such attacks occur more often, the status of "unfriendly" may change to "hostile" in which case the zoner response teams may actually hunt them down to finish the threat once and for all.

the intention is to make this business that we made one of ours.... the business of others again. a business we are not concerned with anymore.

i may repeat that it is not the will of the great Zoner Factions to see juggernauts hunt them like fugitives - that would be an utter waste of recourses that can be needed much better.

on the matter of zoner weaponry, i am afraid we weren t able to recall or find the voting on this matter. - but if the CoZ is able to provide the voting on the matter of four zoner weapons max. - we would also need to ask them to sell us our weapons back.

this concept was decided by the TAZ, OSI and the ZTC. - personally i also approve of those actions and it is now for review on the council. - it is not so much about a voting, but if any measures taken are disagreed on, i am sure there is a way to get to a solution that pleases everyone.

sincerely E. Tate"

postscript: it is the wish to leave this for review for 6 hours - and be announced later publicly.
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

I see the factions have finally come around to the decision we made days ago. If they had been a bit sooner, we wouldn't have the Bounty Hunter Core breathing down our necks over this issue. I believe there are already several delegates who have been calling for us to declare the Apocalypse ships hostile and direct all Freeports to forcefully deny them docking access, but I have told them to remain patient and see what the Apocalypse do first.

Now that the Core is getting involved and wants an answer from us, I believe the time to wait is over.

Also, the equipment issue is a by-product of the policy we made with the Bounty Hunters Guild Core. Not only did that set policy towards all Bounty Hunter vessels, but established precedent when dealing with other organizations. The policy made then was to limit all ships to a maximum of four pieces of Zoner Equipment.

So I'm moving for a vote, which will last thirty-six hours. This situation isn't one that is kind to lazy action.

The Issue;
Should Apocalypse be denied all docking rights on Freeports or other Zoner stations?
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
**Incoming Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

Although we should probably decide whether this is a permanent or temporary measure, my vote is yes in either case.

**Transmission ends**
Comm ID: Lev Shestov and the crew of The Dancing Bears

Well, as I see it, we have a long history of making our equipment available to anyone who wanted to buy it, so I am not really concerned about that issue....excuse me one moment .....*gurgle...cough cough* anyway, so for me the issue is these gents using our bases to launch attacks from....this is a delicate issue, as I have observed for myself, which is one view I can usually depend on to be somewhat dependable, they seem to be out in Kappa most of the time, and in my opinion if they want to stay out there with the nomads and the monkeys and the robots I say let them...less work then stopping them. As for the Bounty hunters breathing down our necks, I say they dont have a leg to stand on, what are they going to do to us? Hmm? What can they do to us? They do anything and we revoke their docking rights, and then what will they do? How many bases will they have to operate out of in the border and edge worlds without use of our Freeport's? They dont concern me, and I dont think they have the leverage they think they have.

Finally, I see many diplomatic options being passed over, maybe under pressure from the bounty hunters guild, which is silly, add to that, this measure doesn't specify whether it is permanent or temporary, and under what conditions it would be lifted.

For these reasons and others I cannot go along.

I vote Nay on this measure

<<Incoming Transmission>>
<Source: Saronsen Nighten, aboard the Jinkusu, Paradise>
<<Playing>>

Since the Apocalypse have yet to redeem themselves, or even follow the simple order to remove our weaponry while they hunt our neighbors and allies, I will have to vote Yay on this issue.

Saronsen, out.

<<Transmission end>>
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

I would like to clarify something to everyone. Apocalypse are -not- currently banned from docking Zoner installations. They will be if and when this Council decides on that course of action, not before. I thank Ms. Tate for forwarding the wishes of the factions to us, put she should remember not to attempt to make policy here. This is a democracy, regardless of the faction's ambitions.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
Comm ID: RFS Freedom

In this case, we vote "Yay" to the issue at hand.

-Jonah Robinson and crew
Incoming transmission.
ID: Nathen laymen.

I dont think i can take any more of this. i dident come to the borderworlds to argue about politics. i'd be glad if you lot kept doing a good job, but i'm afraid you'll be doing it without me.

Regretfully.
Nathen laymen.

End of message.
==INCOMING TRANSMISSION==
Transmission ID: ZO-0113-59
To: Council of Zoners

This is a rather sensitive matter, one of which I am not comfortably familiar with.

I choose to Abstain from this vote for the moment, until either more information is brought to light, or further evidence is provided to us.

-Alan Mosinger, Delegate
Incoming Transmission...Comm ID...Taylor Davis
Decryption protocol activated...Channel Open

Delegates,

As you all know, denying docking rights on our stations to anyone is a serious matter. I don't like that it has come to this, but given the Apocalypse Wing's obvious hostility, not to mention insanity, I also cannot disagree with it. If they were to change their ways and reconcile with the Guild (I know, not likely given the statements of their leader, but one never knows), I would suggest we revisit this matter at that time. I do think that if this decision passes, that they should no longer use our weapons as well, but that will have to be a separate decision.

As things stand now, I must vote "Aye" on this matter.

Transmission ends...