Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: GJEUVN38V719BELHA
To: Zoner Council
ID Trace: Sebastien Coen, Council Chambers, Planet Gran Canaria.

Displaying...

I choose to abstain from the current vote.

Transmission End.
==INCOMING TRANSMISSION==
Transmission ID: ZO-0113-31
To: Council of Zoners
Sub: Order Proposal

If at all possible, I would like to see an official document from the Order before I make my final decision. It may be simple, but I would still like to see it in writing. Aside from that, it is a business proposition, so I can't foresee any major drawbacks.

I apologize in advance if this request delays our agenda, however I fell that is something that should be done.

Alan Mosinger, Delegate
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: Alan Mosinger

The proposal I posted IS a copy of the original document sent by Admiral Seith himself. Hope that helps.

-Doc
==INCOMING TRANSMISSION==
Transmission ID: ZO-0113-32
To: Council of Zoners
Re: Order Proposal

That does help a great deal Chairman.

As I said, it is a business proposition, it appears to be very straight forward and very simple.

I'll vote "Yea" on this. We've so much to gain from this opportunity, plus it'll give me an excuse to do a bit of exploring.

-Alan Mosinger, Delegate
..:: Estableshing connection ::..
..:: Incoming Transmission ::..

Message to : Council of Zoners
Comm ID: Charles M. Burns, (]c[)
Topic: Order proposal

I raise my voice to vote with yay.

Greets,
Charles

..:: Ending Transmission ::..
..:: Closing connection ::..
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

I don't see a problem with it. I vote yay.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
To: All Delegates

The voting is now closed on the matter of the Order. It passes unanimously.

Yay-17
Nay-0
Abstain- 1

Thank you to all.
Secretary Reynolds, if you would document the votes, I would be greatful.
We have no immediate votes upcoming but we do have a couple of things being finalized to include the acceptance of Zoner law by Bretonia and Liberty and the TBH proposal.

I will contact admiral Seith on this result and pass along any final details.

-Doc
*HYPER-ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION TO THE COUNCIL OF ZONERS*
Comm ID: RFS Freedom

(Jonah Robinson turns around in his chair to face the camera and gives a frown of severe disapproval)
Son... I am disappoint. It seems that some of us have been attempting not only to speak on our behalf, but to go so far as suggest signing binding agreements without the the Council's approval, which is simply not the way things should be done around here.

We realize that you are trying to foster good relations, but it is not entirely fair to do so by signing binding agreements without the rest of us being able to participate. We also realize that it is within an individual's right, according to our recently-approved laws, to grant various permissions to any party he chooses, and to sign Law Enforcement treaties. However, the terms of the treaty cannot bar existing Zoner laws. One of these includes the following:

Quote:Any regional laws imposed by a local power are not valid in Zoner Spaces. Additional regulations providing support for the enforcement of Zoner Policies by local non-military police powers

That means that the treaty-signing ability only extends to non-military (read: non-LN and non-RM) police groups, and only those that are "providing support for the enforcement of Zoner Policies".
Unfortunately, our policies do not bar pirates or smugglers, or anybody else who is persecuted by House law enforcement from using our Freeports as long as their intentions are peaceful.

The Freedom will continue to exercise our rights and responsibilities as stated in the Zoner Laws that were voted upon here at the Council earlier. If we see any violation of the No-Fire Zone as stated, we reserve the right to enforce it unless a valid treaty is signed and we are made aware of it.

We await a response.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
**Incoming Transmission**

To: The Council of Zoners

Message reads:

If you are implying that was done all by myself, well you are sorely mistaken. Although I am surprised you even noticed while you were so busy antagonizing the Smokeones. That negotiation took a decent amount of time and NOT one person mentioned anything in the council that they saw something was wrong. You are entitled to you opinion and can do as you please, what was done was done with the best interest for all Zoners in mind. All that was done was allow those houses the ability to continue pursuit of folks they were already chasing and stop loiterers. Considering fleeing into the NFZ, is against our laws, as well as loitering, it only will hurt those that refuse to obey our laws and would have been sanctioned by us anyhow. Do you as you please Robinson, as you also point out you are going to do anyhow.

On a side note Mr chairman, both representatives are still waiting to sign. I suggest we vote on it here and now, and make it a quick one, or just close the deal.

Samuel Nichols
CEO-OSI

** End of Transmission**
To: All Delegates

Delegates,

I received this hand written letter from the Zoners Against Slavery. It saddens me but I respect their feelings.

*reads letter aloud to all*

"To Doc and other Council members,
We, the Zoners Abolishing Slavery, as an organisation feel it is time to part ways from the Council for various reasons. There have been pleasant times and acheivements between us, but now we believe that greater successes can be derived for us both through autonomy. We've come a long way from our humble beginnings, when we required your support, but now it would be best for us to stand on our own feet, for the good of all Zoners, and exploited victims.

Our main interests do not lie with the good of the zoner people as a whole, you are aware of our primary objectives. We have no concern for No Fire Zones, Gran Canaria's ownership, or 'neutrality' as such, and are confident you can deal with these more diplomatic issues without our, perhaps biased, view.

Our efforts are compromised by the council, and likewise, your neutrality is compromised by us. Recently hostilities has arisen between the Council and several other parties such as the Privateers, the Corsairs, and notably the Hessians. All these we have supported, or been supported by, in past operations. We would prefer our understandings not be affected by the Council as a whole. Likewise you are aware of our hatred towards Outcasts and their practises, and our forceful interdictions. I'm sure you would rather our operations not ruin your diplomatic status.

There are also those on the council with an involvement in slavery, and we will not debate issues with, or tolerate our enemies. Furthermore, we aren't fully aware of what's happening on Freeport XV, but in short, we cannot be part of a council which condones such sickening actions as we suspect.

We simply ask we be allowed to continue our rehabilitation efforts on Corfu Station until we have the resources to relocate. Thankyou for your past support and should you need anything of us simply ask, my door is always open to friends.
Best wishes on behalf of the Zoners Abolishing Slavery
Coriko

I will update the registry accordingly. To the ZAS, best of luck.

-Doc