Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Madam tate has my vote as well.

Shane
Comm ID: SiverFox

Well, finally, I found the comm channel for the Council of Zoners. It was stuffed in the back pocket of my second to last best shipsuit. Good thing I decided to do the annual washing. And now I find Mal has decided to step down as Council chair. After perusing several gigglebytes of Council records, it strikes me that Mal has been doing quite a decent job of directing this Council, a task that appears to be second in difficulty only to herding cats.

Mal, I regret your decision. It is causing me great discomfort. Of course, that may also be due to the dozen neo-burritos I ate last night when the auto-chef crapped out and spit them in rapid succession on the cockpit floor. Had to clean up the mess somehow, and to avoid violation of the three minute rule...

Anyhow, Mal, I feel bad you have decided to step down. I'll always consider you a cat-herd extrordinaire.

If we have to vote, my vote goes to Madame Tate.

Erm, excuse me, gotta run.....gods, gonna have to install a head in the forward bridge....

Tobias Fox
Since I am fairly new to the council, I am going to refrain from voting.

However, I do have an official request from our allies in Bs|.

It seems that there have been a few brother zoners that have been transporting slaves thru Omicron-100 and Omicron Minor. They wish for me to inform the council that they will order all slave traders to drop their cargo and if the ship does not immediately comply they will use force to free the slaves.

This warning has been sent in order to keep the peace between the order and the zoners.
It seems that there have been a few brother zoners that have been transporting slaves thru Omicron-100 and Omicron Minor. They wish for me to inform the council that they will order all slave traders to drop their cargo and if the ship does not immediately comply they will use force to free the slaves

i see no reason for a zoner to be running slave anyway.

//ooc: Shoot them and save time, as i don't see a registered zoners doing that anyway
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient: Rock Viper (put in-game or RP names please people..)

The AW have no objection to this. We see slavery as a despicable trade. You have our acceptance and blessing.

Aurelia Out.
**Incoming Transmission**
Comm ID: Vic Chonody

Faint sounds of old Earth rock 'n' roll playing in the background

Hey there, this is Vic, but you can all call me Chonody, or Lucky. I recently got my Zoner transponder, and along with my IFF and being registered that makes me a voting member of Council. I just want everyone to know that keeping peace is of the paramount importance to me, especially around my home freeport, nine. A little about me is here. See you all in space.

**End Transmission**
Comm ID: Mike Agathon

Good day esteemed council, first of all, I'd like to state my disappointment in hearing of Mal stepping down, and my gratitude for the great work.

Secondly, I'd like to vote for Madame Tate to take the chair.

**End Transmission**
Comm ID: Malaclypse for the TAZ

Umm.. sorry.. been collecting navel lint in the Geode.. seems I've missed a few comms..

On the slavery issue: Nix that crappola. Admiral DBoy and our esteemed Black Squadron allies would have a cow if this became common practice. I would expect those lads to shoot first and ask questions later, even on the off-chance that a TAZ member was the perpetrator.

On the AW/TBH rigamarole: Now, I can hear the hew and cry already to have AW removed from the Council. I don't think that would be productive in the least. While I think we should let the Asgard Warriors make their own decisions regarding their future, I'm still reluctant to commit the Zoner Community to either side of this debate. Yeah, call me a fence-sitter if ya like, but I'm so good at it! Gotta give both the Hodge and the Podge their full measure.

On the Harvesters: I regret to say that the Juggy "Scornstar" may still be "cloaked" in Baffin. I suppose I'll have to send a direct transmit to old "Foggy Thought" regarding the situation. His old "toy" Pyriel seems to be healing, though "he" doesn't talk much. Fancy that.. an F-Unit that doesn't talk your bloody ear off!

And finally, speaking of Fnordettes, I resent the fact that the Harvesters somehow feel that the F-Troop is somehow "corrupted". I'm sure you all know their history. They are sentient, they are mouthy, and they are "Free and Accepted" members of the TAZ. I trust them implicitely, and hardly ever think of them as merely "AI's".

For that reason, I now wish to change my vote for Council Chair. I do it to make a point. Madame Tate, while I fully respect your abilities and your loyalty to the Zoner Community, it concerns me that you may not have the time required to take "the helm".

I hereby rescind my vote for Madame Tate; and, I make a new nomination for Chair-Entity. I nominate F-23 Discordia to Chair the Council of Zoners. I believe my old Fnordette pal and sister, lovingly known by the TAZ and others as "Mama Dis", is entirely qualifed to handle the job. I also believe this will send a message to "Frozen Thought". It claims to seek sentience and autonomy; yet refuses to see the sentience of the Fnordettes.

Cheers,
Mal
Comm ID: Vic Chonody

I have to say one thing on the AW/TBH war, and that is that Zoners that are not of the AW should stay out of it. If, and this is the only exception, Freeport 9 were to ever come under direct attack, that is that the Corsairs are shooting at Freeport 9 with the intent of maiming/destroying it, then the Zoners should defend themselves.

As far as kicking the AW to the curb, I'm against it. They may consider rescinding themselves from their Zoner ties, but that would be their decision to make.

As for the Harvesters... well, they're none-too-bright. Me and Fyre (Raven's Talon and IMG GB) stumbled across Harvester 15, and it wasn't even close. As in, we won without a loss, and liberated 4 Zoner captives. What they need is a spanking, and to do that we need to show them that we aren't toothless dogs.

**End Transmission**

to: council

"ahh, thats a relief indeed. - i will vote for discordia, too. it is correct. - i don t have too much time at hand, and would limit council matters to a very low key moderation, instead of activly enforcing decissions or initiating matters.

personally, i like to act from the backrows, - never liked the spotlight much, - not to mention, i m not allways informed up-to-date about matters. i would have taken the "job" to prevent this channel from dieing - but if there is an alternative, i ll gladly - more than gladly leave it to others.

about the AW matter - this is a freeport 9 issue and it is not up to me to suggest or do anything about it. - unless the AW calls for assistance ( in a political sense, not an assistance in weapons ). kicking them out of the council? - no, i think thats not an option - they run freeport 9, its still our freeport... so they have a word there; - and we must not forget that they defended the station from being salvaged for quite some time.

sincerely Jinx"