Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
' Wrote:Comm ID: RFS Freedom

First, as awful as it would be to see our cousin Victor take up a post as the Zoner Union of Independents Representative, you'd have to beat him to it if you want to take that place.

Second, while we would not use the same diction as Trogdor's statement, and will flat-out refuse to join the Zoner Alliance if such a merger were to occur. We will not make ourselves subject to the rule by the powerful few; it is contrary to everything our family believes in as well as what we as Zoners should represent.

-Jonah Robinson

COMM ID:William Ironfoot
TO:Council of Zoners

My sources tell me that your cousin volunteering to form the ZUI did not go down at all well with most of the ZA members and I'm sure that he would soon find himself cast adrift if it meant the ZA and the CoZ could unite again. After all how can he be the leader of the independent Zoners if he has no-one to lead!

[Image: Ironfoot-2.png]
Stands up from his seat and looks about the somewhat, empty chamber.

It saddens me to see that our delegates still do not appear in person. Now is not the time distance ourselves from each other. Nor is it for us to be quarreling amongst our fellow zoners.

I feel that as Delegates, we should be able to freely express our thoughts on subjects. In fact, I implore you to do so. Many a law has been passed with a simple "Yea" or "Nay" without others seeing why a body has chosen in that way. We are all logical creatures, and we are not here to judge our peers who voice their opinions. We are here for the betterment of our way of life.

Sits back down in his chair, appearing slightly more weary then before
**Incoming Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

Honored delegates, we find ourselves these days at a series of crossroads. It seems like every day now some group or another is trying to upset the Zoner apple cart.

On one front we have former delegates making desperate grabs for power.

On another we have Corsairs, infuriated by our apparent increased cooperation with Bretonia and taking liberties with our hospitality while we're not looking.

On a third, our Chairwoman seems rather asleep at the wheel, and no one's steering us away from the brick wall we're careening towards.

I see only two ways of stabilizing the situation we currently find ourselves in.

One, unification- Our Chairwoman needs to step up, make executive decisions and fix these problems. No sense putting any of this to a vote since we don't really have the time and there aren't enough of us left anyway. We need the Zoners to reunite into one body, or at least go back to the way we had it a few weeks ago, with the CoZ representing the ultimate stance of the Zoner people. Furthermore we need to dissolve the Beth treaty and get Bretonia back in its place, so that the Corsairs get off our backs.

Two, division- I shall make the management of Freeport 1 my own responsibility, similar to the way Ms. Tate has assumed control of Freeport 11. This is probably the better and more likely series of events. I would invite similar-minded Zoners to join me in this endeavor, to help ensure that Freeport 1 remains the neutral haven that it was originally meant to be, and has been for so long. But know that if you intend to help in this matter, you'd need a ship capable of guarding the station and keeping the peace.

Oh, and if anyone thinks I'm out of line here, the families on Freeport 1 are getting quite tired of the political pinball we've been playing with them. They long for stability, and for a while now I've been the lone source of it.

**Transmission ends**
Comm ID: RFS Freedom

Don't worry, we're here at Gran Canaria still combat-ready and loyal to the Council of Zoners and the democratic ideas it represents. We shall not let petty politics get in the way of defending our lives, liberty, and property.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
William Ironfoot enters the council chambers, looking around the vast meeting hall he notices a small group of Zoner delegates having a heated debate in the far corner, he heads in their direction, "Gentlemen and ladies can I please have your attention.", the crowd politely pauses, "I have had a request from our brother Zoners in the ZTC". William hands over a datapad to the group of people. "It seems that they have a little job that they are offering to pay good credits for and I think it is an oppurtunity for the Council to build a few bridges with them in light of recent tensions in the Zoners"

Looking down a the datapad the group can see a newsfeed with hyperlink to a classified section:
[/url]
[url=http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50137]Order| and All Zoners, (]c[) moving our research Facility

William continues, "As I said I think this is a good oppertunity to bolster Zoner relations, we may argue about politics but at the end of the day we are all brothers!". William takes a seat and waits patiently for the next council sessions to begin.

[Image: Ironfoot-2.png]
***incoming transmission***
Sender ID: James Fletcher
Sender location: Corfu Base

I leave to deal with some family matters on Erie and...

Dear lord.

What a mess.

I'll stick about with the Council, anyways, seeing as I've yet to find anything requiring OSI pilots to leave it.

We have anything up for voting on?
***transmission ends***
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

Myself and several others are reviewing everything currently, I was a bit busy with other matters these last few days and am getting caught up now. If anyone does think there is an issue that needs to be addressed, please note it here.

Mr. Fletcher, you are correct in that there is nothing saying you can not participate here. In fact, I encourage it. However, you may still have problems dealing with your own leaders, who insist no one may operate both in the Council and in their 'alliance.' This is because, and these words came from their own mouths, they wish to dissolve the Council in its entirety. Not a view I appreciate, or actions I look kindly upon. I pray you take these sentiments of mine to the leaders of the Omicron Supply Issues.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission

I don't know whether it's good fortune or dumb luck that the last few days have played out the way they have, but apart from the usual odd pirate not immediately respecting Freeport 1's NFZ, no notable events have transpired. No confrontations with Bretonia, nor the Corsairs.

Maybe we'll get lucky and everyone will forget the whole bloody thing. Which would allow us to concentrate on our other problems, which are our severe lack of numbers and our conflict with the ZA. I think the first thing we need to do is to go on a recruitment campaign and grab up every independent Zoner we can get our grubby hands on so we look like a legitimate authority again.

**Transmission ends**

Silvan. Where are you?

Either you care about what becomes of the CoZ or you don't. If you do, do something! If you don't, pass the keys.

**Transmission ends**
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient(s): Trogdor

And what exactly is it you wish me to do? Is there a pressing issue that needs discussed that no one has informed the Council of? Do you wish to make a motion? Sirius is rather quiet right now, I think we should enjoy that while it lasts, as we'll have problems soon enough.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission