Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--Incoming Video Feed--

--ID: The Gremlyn--

--Source Unknown--

A holographic image of a middle-aged woman appears. Her hair is in dreadlocks, and she wears the most outlandish fashions.

"Now, I was 'oping dat I wouldn' 'ave ta use dis 'ere channel, seein' as ta 'ow I allus resents dis authoritee thing, but, when people comes up wiv things 's crazee as dis, I felt I jus' 'ad ta stick me oar in.

Yew lot complainin' 'bout da Co'lishun stopin' ya from tradin' wiv dere enemies fru dere systems...get some sence! What'd ya fink would 'appen if ya traded stuff fru Gamma to da Outcasts? Or fru Alpha to da 'Sairs? O' course people dun' like yew tradin' wiv dere enemies, 's only natral. 'Ell, ifn I met someone tradin' wiv da Nomads, I'd 'ave 'is 'ead as soon as look at 'im, whatevah 'is nashunalitee was.

"Ifn yew intends ta supply people wiv our stuff, take it by anuvver route! Y' can allus 'aul yer Deuteriwassit fru 'Tonia t' Libertee ifn yeh needs ta supply da Kusarees.

"Da best way ta avoid agravatin' folks is ta not get caught by dem, an' from what I 'ears, '52 is a pretee small system, so kinda 'ard ta not get caught.

"As fer dat "garrison" on Gran Canaria...we 'as 'Sairs livin' dere...we 'as all kindsa people livin' on alla da freeports. 'Slong as dey dun' wanna use it as dere main 'eadquaters, I dun' see any reason fer dem ta not 'ave a presence dere."

She sighs, and brushes some errant 'locks out of her eyes,

"I dun' like nunna dis posturin' an' threatenin' stuff, in fact, 's one o' da reasons I dun' live in da 'ouses...too many rules backed up by violence. Mebee some folks need ta cool down, back off an' remember dat our weapon o' choise is not guns."

She turns to someone who is not visible to the camera and says, "Well, dat's dat, den. 'Opefully dat's da last time I 'as ta use dis channel fer a while," there is a sizeable pause, then, "'Ey, shut da durn fing off...wait...look out! Dat's an asteroid, yeh durn fool! Go 'round it!! 'ROUND!!!!!!"

A long stream of expletives ensues, interrupted partway through by a click, as the feed is cut.
To: Council Of Zoners.

I'm pretty surprised to see some respected zoners wanting to give something for nothing.

Yes we allow corsairs to stay on Gran Canaria, and them, with few excepcions, allow us to go through Omicron Gamma quite safe. I have been never shoot on Omicron Gamma, even on most conflictive Omega Systems i have been respected by OPG if not carrying anything valuable. So we get something of allowing corsairs on Gran Canaria, we get free pass through their systems.

We are getting the same from SCRA? No we aren't, we are shooted at sight by them, and not only in Omega 52, and we allow people who shoot at will over zoner vessels to have a garrison on our homeplanet Gran Canaria.

They are there by a deal between them and TAZ, well if TAZ want to continue supporting a garrison of SCRA on zoner space, they could allow one in Baffin, their home system, but not in Omega 49.

The point is, would we allow a Molly garrison in Gran Canaria? The situation is the same, they are on a neighboor system, Dublin, and they shoot us when we go through Dublin.

If they want to trade with us, we must get something too. A garrison for free pass through their system, it's a pretty good deal for them, what are zoners getting now?... Nothing.

Is this the way of zoners, giving something for nothing?, i really don't think so.
Comm ID: Discordia
To: Council Members
Subject: Priority Alert!!

Delegates,

The Coalition has chosen to solve this issue unilaterally and with extreme prejudice.

Not an hour ago, a Fleet of SCRA warships lifted from Canaria with their Garrison's complement; covering their evacuation with a deceitful and devastating bombardment of their own spaceport, and the destruction of several Zoner vessels in orbit, including the TAZ Destroyer Crater.Lake, commanded by former BAF Officer Spike Harris.

Rescue operations based from the [TAZ]Flagheap are underway, including a search for survivors of an SCRA transport inadvertently destroyed by the Flagheap's defensive fire. Once these operations are completed, the Flagheap will proceed to the Omega 50 jumphole and park right on top of it, with orders to destroy any Coalition vessels who enter Omega 49. The Council would welcome any support in securing the system from further attacks.

This Council will no longer physically "meet" on Gran Canaria. Any Delegates physically present on the planet are advised to take root until the Council can determine if there are further threats pending from the Coalition.

Brother Malaclypse has sent a message to me condemning these vile actions, and offerring any further assistance needed by the population of Gran Canaria, including evacuation of any residents wishing to be "relocated" for the duration of this crisis.

Effective immediately the Temporary Autonomous Zoners recognize and declare a state of hostility between the TAZ and SCRA. An emergency session of this Council is scheduled in one hour's time for the purpose of discussing its combined stance towards the SCRA. Until that time, I strongly urge all Zoners to refrain from any attacks or other reprisals against Coalition vessels or territory.

I am also transmitting via FnordNet to all Delegates a new Council frequency and encryption algorithym. We are locking down our "Chambers" to prevent the SCRA or any of its allies from gathering further intelligence.

This is a sad and shocking even, Delegates; but as ChairEntity I advise everyone affected to be calm, and to refrain from any rash decisions until the Council meets in full.

Mama Dis
to: the council

"those are disturbing news. - the rumors i heard said something about a rather quie and peaceful evacuation. - but it appears those rumors were not true. - if the SCRA has indeed attacked and destroyed zoner vessels and dropped bombs on gran canaria, their docking rights on any zoner installation should be denied and they should be treated with utmost caution.

now, i am quite glad that the SCRA hardly ever turns up in omicron-delta, but from now on, we will make sure that they will not come close to our station anymore - the bounty hunters guild will be informed to assist us if they force docking or threaten other zoners.

for now, we can only wait and see how things evolve. if gran canaria needs military assistance - i am sure that freeport 11 can send one or two vessels, but we need our major defensive force in delta to fight against nomads and their associated.

E.Tate out"
to: the council
RE: priority alrt

They have sabotaged parts of the Jupiterguild fleet located on canarias surface, those that will be able to fly out soon will provide defence when necessary, these last months have been full of tensions of zoners and the coalition, they have finally escalated.

May moyhjon watch over us!
To: The Council

In light of recent events, I have contacted my brother based in Omicron Delta. For a reasonable fee, he would be given permission by the Bounty Hunters' Guild to temporarily patrol Omicron 49 with his battleship, the Megiddo.

If the council gives this option the green light, I would more than happy to let him know.

The security of our fellow Zoners and sundry guests on GC must be insured.

And the deuterium must flow. Or crumble. Or whatever.

Elias out.
Incoming transmission
date: 17th of december 817 AS
subject: 49 security

Comm ID: J.Archer, Commander of the "Alcmaria.Vitrix"

Greetings,

as we all now know, we are under serious threat and I have briefed my crew about the situation
they are prepared to defend 49 at all cost,
we hereby placed our ship just outside GC, if needed we will fly towards the omega 50 JH.
we will follow any direct orders of the Counsil as wel as the [AW] and [TAZ],
now I hope we dont need to use our guns, but they are ready for any battle.

kind regards

J.Archer

To: Elias Elonen
Comm ID: Mama Dis

No.

We don't need any hobnailed Bounty Hunter boots muddying the skies down here, sir.

We'll handle our own problems. We don't need any further diplomatic complications.

Omega 49 and Baffin are locked down to all but Registered Zoners. No exceptions.

Tell your brother and his cronies that they enter either system at the Council's extreme displeasure, and at their own risk until the Council deliberates this matter.
To: Mama dis
subject: system lock down

mama dis,

does this mean we have to send every non-zoner back to dublin/47 if they seek trade with us, or should we discourage them to enter 49

regards J.Archer
To: Mama Dis

No need to blow a motivator. It was a suggestion, not a demand.

And for a BH, he's a swell guy. And he bakes a wicked lasagna.

If his services are needed, he will set course for O-49 asap.

Otherwise, he will stay put. Simple.

The main thing is that this situation produces a desirable outcome for Zoners.

Elias out.