Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ID: Riley Mackenzie

If I may chime in for a word:

I fully understand the desire to show teeth when backed into a corner, & the instinct to lash out...I commissioned the Gravedancer for exactly that.

...but allow me to say- if you go gunning for every little ferret that takes a shot at you & end up eventually killing them, you deny them the opportunity to truly suffer for their actions. It's always better in my opinion to use the power we already possess against them, & not only will they learn what not to do, their decendents will eventually learn from their elders mistakes.

By arming yourselves as a knee-jerk reaction, you invite a mexican stand off that will do nothing but end in tears.
' Wrote:Comm ID: Malaclypse.

Esteemed Chairglobe and Delegates,

Hand-wringing doesn't suit you, Jura. I tend to agree fully with Meiun on the issue. Ignore and avoid the blighters.. two stinking rogues aren't worth this Council's consideration.

Now, as to the .HX's offer to protect and defend this poor "powerless" Council.. I remind you sir Lotsa-numbers that power does not always come from the barrel of a gun. Power is also influence.. through communication, financial incentive, and negotiation. Good Lord, folk, we are so numerous that we could swat two miscreant pirates all day long; but that is not how Zoners operate.

I personally will not condone nor accept this offer of "replacement power" from these .HX warships, because our power does not need "replacing", and we do not need defending. If anything, these recalcitrants should be paying attention to the stranglehold we can place on their home bases through sheer numbers, and without firing a shot. And, if we do need military and defensive power, our Registry reflects an ample supply of capital ships now, without the offer of being saved by some upstart group I've not even heard of personally.. no offense, .HX Delegate.

Jura, I suggest you adopt Meiun's suggestions, and find another way to fatten your wallet.

Mal

Comm ID: 914Y5GHT2WR8
To: Council of Zoners
ID Trace: Freeport 10, Tau-37

Displaying...

No offence is meant. But this council is not poor, and what you have said seems to suggest that I called them such. As stated, I suggested a stranglehold be placed on thier bases, by the restricting of supplies. I also reiterated that I hope no firepower will be needed.

And the .HX have responded to the role-call.

-BT4-A45, .HX Convoy Owner.

Transmission End.
to: Council of Zoners

"Captain Richard Bach of the freeport transport "Sanctimony" has contacted me with surprising news. - it appears that the remnants of the 522th liberty battlefleet, an exiled group that led an aggressive attack against rheinland has taken shelter at our sanctuary Gran Canaria.

Regarding to the informations given at that time, a zoner called "ghost" had given them the right to be recognized as protectors of the system.

Now, cpt. Bach is biased in such a matter, cause he is a rheinlander and only temporarily employed by freeport 11, but i trust him that the information was passed on truthfully. - he said that he made it clear to the two representatives of the 522th that NO political shelter would be granted unless the council of the zoners would debate over such a matter in detail, as giving a military group that was exiled for an act of war, could easily distrub our neutrality. - furthermore the system does not need any protectors, as the corsairs are seeing to it efficiently.

it was not possible to reveal how the 522th knew of omega-49 anyway, as it is - from what i know - still well hidden from the eyes of bretonia and liberty.

we are told that we can expect an official petition of the 522th battlegroup for political asylum any time soon - where we will discuss the the terms of this agreement then. - until then, the 522th was told to feel like "guests" and to behave like such. - they were told not to be involved into any combat activities, and in case of being attacked - to retreat into the neutrality of the protection perimeter of the planet.

Now, since i only heard of this incident second hand.... it is hard to formulate an opinion about it at this time. - we should most certainly not behave inhospitable, but recognizing this group without discussing the impact itmight have on our relationships with the other factions of sirius would be outright dangerous.

Freeport 11 is far away from Gran Canaria and our problems are different from those down there - but the waves and ripples of allowing them shelter might be felt even here. - i expect many opinions upon that matter, once they officially petition before the council.

Elizabeth Tate "jinx" out"

edit: //ooc who is currently chairman, btw?
(// almost never use the guy anymore, but...)

Communication link received...
Sender: Lloyd Black
Opening link...

I've heard about this group. My brother told me a little about them when he brought some supplies.

As far as I know, they are not on good terms with Liberty, Rheinland, or Bretonia, and I doubt the Kusari like them much. Most Kusari don't seem to like anyone but Kusari.

Therefore, housing them on Gran Canaria is too much of a risk, it's too close to Bretonia, and so is Freeport 6. Likewise, Freeport 2 in Bering and Freeport 1 in Omega-3 are too close to Liberty and Rheinland.

But I'm sure we can get something out of them, if we can find somewhere to put them. Perhaps Freeports 5, 9, or 11 would be better choices. Extremely far from the houses, in space none of them wants to touch. They should be relatively un-noticed there, at least by those who hate them most.

Black out.

Link terminated.

" freeport 11 in delta is impossible for them. - liberty isn t at the best terms with the guild - and the bounty hunters guild use freeport 11 as their major base of omicron operations for their vast warfleet. - i daresay, the poor libertonians would get crushed by the bounty hunters elite warriors here. - and i don t think the liberty guys can really survive the hostile space here, its not as cosy and comfy as back in their homelands.

but they might be useful at freeport 10. - i hear that the zoners are more and more in trouble with the outcasts - and that the outcasts regularly stage raids against the IMG in the system. - furthermore, the outcasts are in league with the nomads - and the nomads are known to ambush us.

maybe they could function as a buffer and a protector in the Tau system, stationed at freeport 10.

do we have a freeport 10 representative here? - i can only speak for freeport 11 here.

E.Tate out"
Comm ID: Donovan Markey
Source: Hampton Roads
Target: Zoner Council

Greetings, sirs and madams. I speak for the 522nd before you today, requesting temporary residence until we can complete repairs to a number of our ships. Rest assured, we would not breathe a word of the location of this system. Nor would we fire upon any guests of the Zoners, allies, or affiliates. The only weapons discharges by 522nd vessels would be for training purposes away from populated areas, or in self-defense, and we would attempt to draw fire away from stations or planets.

If not Omega-49, then is there another location we might stay hidden? We will move on shortly, hence the temporary residence request. I thank you on behalf of the 522nd for your consideration of our request.

Oh, I nearly forgot, we were informed of the location by one of our good friends, the AI GJ. He specifically mentioned a "Jinx" Tate. Do you know of someone named that?

Donovan out.
Comm ID: Discordia, Chairglobe, CoZ

*Well well! We actually have a matter to discuss?

*I see that the 522nd has made a formal request for "Temporary" residence.

*I'm hoping that temporary means just that. As Madame Tate pointed out, the Corsairs don't really require any help in keeping Canaria's skies clean.

*I do like the idea of granting them a more permanent tenure at Freeport 10.

*Okey.. I'll make a motion.. Let's get this puppy voted out chop-chop, eh? Move that the group known as the 522 be granted temporary asylum and basing in Omega 49, not to exceed thirty days without another request.

*Yay or Nay, Fellow Zoners?*

Communication link received...
Sender: Lloyd Black
Opening link...

I'd rather keep them out of Omega-49, personally. Still, they already know about it.

Yeah, sure, give 'em temporary residence. If they need anything longer, send them up to Freeport 10, maybe I'll actually remember that one exists.

Link terminated.
Freeport 10 sounds as good as any... only thing out that way is Outcasts and IMG. Push comes to shove, the Outcasts would prefer no one out that way, and there's no telling if they'd move against the Freeport. Once we lose our 'usefullness', you can bet your bottom credit the Outcasts will resume hostilities that have so long remained dormant.

Temporary residence? Sounds as good as any other plan, I s'pose. Yay from me.

~ Vic "Lucky" Chonody

"alright, if that is the formal and official vote, i d vote for a temporary trial - depending on what the 522ths future plans are anyway. i agree that they can regroup and repair at gran canaria. - and i would offer them a place at freeport 10 in the Tau as an active protector of zoner interests if they are interested as it appears that we have no active protection in that part.

i would like to know more of the 522th future plans though. - if they plan to further launch attacks on rheinland, we must not associate ourselves with them. - so any plans regarding the 522th depend on the 522th plans.

E.Tate out"