Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incomming Transmission - Text Only
ID: Frank Zamboni (]c[)
To: CoZ

Viewing message:

After review of the new proposed Zoner policy and some clarification of the contents of the document, I bid Yes. The policies are always subject to change, and indeed, must adapt to our current affairs. I hope we can pass the policy and continue our agenda without delay.

Best to all.

Text feed ended

**Target Communications Relay: Found**
**Datalink connected...**

Oh, why not? Nothing that hasn't been followed in the past, the primary difference is now we've got it on paper.

I vote Aye!

Paddy O'Donaghue,
Captain of the OSI-Lazarus (IV)

**Uplink terminated**
Incoming Transmission...Zoner Encryption Code Detected...
Decrypting...Delegate Taylor Davis is recognized...
Transmission Accepted...

Greetings fellow delegates. After careful consideration, I am voting 'Yes' on the proposed policies. I think they clear up many matters that were vague before.

I would, however, request further clarification on the part regarding fleeing into an NFZ. I think Captain Trogdor brings up an interesting point. Are we defining 'fleeing' the same way the A.D.M.I.N.S. define fleeing? If so, I fully support this part of the policies. If, however, we are attempting to redefine fleeing as 'entering an NFZ while being shot at' or somesuch, then I cannot support it. We cannot redefine A.D.M.I.N. policies to suit our own whims. Would the authors please clarify.

Thank you.

Transmission Ends
..:: Estableshing connection ::..
..:: Incoming Transmission ::..
Message to : Council of Zoners
Comm ID: Charles M. Burns, (]c[)
Topic: New Zoner policies

To keep it short as always: i vote with yay for the new proposed Zoner policies.

Regards,
Charles
..:: Ending Transmission ::..
..:: Closing connection ::..
To: Council of Zoners
Subject: Zoner Policies

Delegates Trogdor and Taylor,
Great Council,

fleeing from a fight into a NFZ should be treated like docking during combat, which is covered by rules of the A.D.M.I.N.S. as part of the Global Sirius Rules, and therefore fleeing vessels should not be allowed to leave the NFZ again. By entering the NFZ they are announcing the will to dock immediately, and we should expect them to do so, while all terms of the Global Sirius Rules apply. Our rules should not infringe any of the Global Sirius Rules of course, while I am hoping that we will earn a benefitial resonance for this extension, regarding the upcoming Ratification Convention.

Sincerely,
Louisa

' Wrote:Third, , I served as Secretary/treasurer for Chairman Mal. I maintained the Spreadsheet for the Registry/voting record, as well I maintain the "coffee fund" for the council. I am willing to continue to serve as such for you, if you desire my services.
(on a related note: Bowex did not make a payment last month as per the Lease agreement)
Malcolm Reynolds, Out
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday

Mr. Reynolds,

Continue to do as you did with Chairman Mal. If something ain't broke, why fix it?
So, Bowex hasn't made a payment. If they miss another then Bowex will be in breach of contract.

-Doc
**Incoming Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

' Wrote:Subject: Zoner Policies
Delegates Trogdor and Taylor,
Great Council,

fleeing from a fight into a NFZ should be treated like docking during combat, which is covered by rules of the A.D.M.I.N.S. as part of the Global Sirius Rules, and therefore fleeing vessels should not be allowed to leave the NFZ again.

'Should' according to, er, whom? It has always been, and should always be, left up to the Zoners present at the time to make the call on who is being a nuisance. Furthermore, your views seem to conflict with what has been the long standing Zoner tradition, that Freeports ARE safe havens and that the NFZ is a safety blanket not only for the station but for its visitors as well.

' Wrote:By entering the NFZ they are announcing the will to dock immediately, and we should expect them to do so, while all terms of the Global Sirius Rules apply. Our rules should not infringe any of the Global Sirius Rules of course, while I am hoping that we will earn a benefitial resonance for this extension, regarding the upcoming Ratification Convention.

On my shift, traders are treated equally as pirates, who are treated equally as police, and so on and so forth when approaching the station I guard. You come within 5k, you're safe. There's no need to muddy everything up with 'oh, now you have to dock //because I'm going to interpret a server rule in some obscure way because I say I can.'

Furthermore you cannot turn around and say 'Our rules should not infringe any of the ADMIN rules' Because you are in essence making up your own ADMIN rule. There's no reason to implement this particular section of the amendment, seemingly other than to see if we can do it and get away with it. I strongly urge that block of text to be stricken from the record.

**Transmission ends**
Subject: Re: Official Zoner Policies

Great Council,

Me and my crew nods on this vote. Yes.

Regards,

~Mirko von der Lippe
to: the council

" here is a little explanation for the NFZ in the first place.

the no-fire-zone is not as many people believe a deed to the good spacepilot and their rightous ambitiouns to explore space and to bring back riches from remote places. - nor is it meant to be a refugee of rough but somewhat nice buddies to rub their shoulders.

the NFZ exists for one single reason : the protection of us and our property.

5000 meters was picked cause even most heavy weapons have a lesser range in space - so that accidental weaponfire cannot damage our precious installations.

why would we want people who are a threat to our installations not loiter around but instead dock and retreat from combat? - no we are not forcing them for their own good.... we ask them to comply for OUR good. - a captain that hangs out within weaponrange of heavy weapons - taunting others or maybe his mere existance is taunting others and tempting to violate the NFZ cannot be accepted.

the NFZ is not a sanctuary. - you don t run there and say "i am safe" - when you run there, the station crew will be delighted to assist you in your repairs and maintenance - which usually takes at least four hours to process.

too many questions are asked when ships blow up near our stations or when people get into violent arguments.

again - these NFZ are not in place to protect others.... they are there to protect us - and us alone.

thank you for your attention, E. Tate"
------- Incoming Transmission -------

Subject: Policy Revision

--- Message Begins ---

Delegate Trogdor, if i may respond to your concerns.

' Wrote:'Should' according to, er, whom? It has always been, and should always be, left up to the Zoners present at the time to make the call on who is being a nuisance. Furthermore, your views seem to conflict with what has been the long standing Zoner tradition, that Freeports ARE safe havens and that the NFZ is a safety blanket not only for the station but for its visitors as well.

I think this change is to account for those times when Zoners are not present. The fact that one faction is running away from other factions into the NFZ is causing a lot of friction. Epecially with Liberty and Bretonia.

Freeports are safe havens but there is a responsibility to those that wish to use the Freeports to help keep them safe too. Fleeing from a fight and not docking will enrage people and not everyone is thrilled with the NFZ or will show infinite restraint. Which may well lead to vigilante behaviour or serious diplomatic talks, as are already happening, over genuine concerns about Zoners aiding and abetting, through inaction, enemies of the various factions.
Im not suggesting for one second we should bow down to any demand a House makes of us. However, in the current state of affairs, Houses are the one group we can count on not to hunt/tax us. This change will work both ways and for any and all factions, so i think it is a neutral policy rather than one biased towards the Houses and good for the goose and gander.

I do think you're response is slightly confusing in that it appears, to me atleast, to refer more to the breaking up of groups of 'loiterers' which remains unchanged.

' Wrote:Furthermore you cannot turn around and say 'Our rules should not infringe any of the ADMIN rules' Because you are in essence making up your own ADMIN rule.

I would also dispute this statement. The change in policy is meant to bring our NFZ rules into line with standard Sirius law. Anyone who flees from battle under any circumstance should leave the system or dock until maintenance has been completed. The previous version of the policy allowed pilots to simply flee into the NFZ with no consequences and then move on or stay in the NFZ at their leisure. This policy has, and will again, lead to friction so should be changed to avoid any future headaches.

I hope my statements were of help.

Spartacus Out

--- Message Ends ---

------ Transmission Ends -------