Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: RFS Freedom
To: The Council

Thankfully, it seems the AFA representative was reasonable in his statement. Fortunately, he realizes the nature of the Council's role and has made it clear that the AFA will not involve Zoners who do not participate in the disputed activities. I say we let OSI and the AFA sort it out.

-Jonah Robinson and crew
.::Incoming Transmission::.
Message to : Zoner Council
Comm ID: Yev Lightwing, Delegate, (]c[)
Subject: Open Declaration of War

Ladies and gentlemen of the council: I will try to be brief.

In light of the numerous attacks upon Freeport 11 and considering the significant amount of civilian lives lost in the process, I present to the Council a suggestion which I hope will be considered for a motion.

The proposal is to declare open war against the Keeper Collective.

Now I know what you're thinking: they're not exactly our best buddies anyway. However, what I'm aiming at specifically here is an organized, military maneuver. I'm well aware that we Zoners are not what you would call a military society. We have no standing army and not much of a nation to speak of. But we do have people and territories for which we hold responsibility. And I've never told this before as I don't like to parade my personal life, but my parents perished with Freeport 7. Personal sentiments aside, do we want the same fate to fall on the people of Freeport 11?

My proposal, if admitted as a motion and then if passed by a majority of the Council would set into motion the following:
  • Creation of 2 large fleets for the purpose of repelling the Keeper assault
  • One fleet will be mobilized around Freeport 11 and I assume will consist primarily out of heavy capital ships
  • Another fleet will be a strike force which will be stationed in Omicron Iota. Its purpose will be to conduct periodic offensive strikes against Keeper forces and stations
  • The bottom line is: we do not let them touch our Freeport. We strike them swiftly and continuously and keep a secondary fleet around FP11
I believe that we have enough able men and women to make this operation possible. The question is, do we have enough willing to sign up? I think that the Keeper threat in Delta has escalated beyond casual raids. My feelings are that if we do not mobilize quickly, we will be losing more than one Freeport.

Sincerely,
Yev Lightwing of the Zoner Trading Consortium (]c[)

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
Subject: Keepers

Declare open war on the Keeper collective? Isn't that an oxymoron? The Keepers and their Nomad friends declared war on anything with a spine long ago so what is the point in declaring war when technically, it already exists?

We already have several Zoner ships around Freeport 11 not to mention the usual crowd of Order, Corsair and even Bounty Hunter ships that stay nearby for safety and re-supply. Keep in mind also, we have several other Freeports and planets that need looking after as well. I can't speak for everyone of The Autonomous Zoners as I don't have a headcount as to how many ships we have available.

Keepers aren't the only threat we face but granted, they and their Nomad allies are probably the strongest for now. We need to consider this fact before we leave ourselves too thinly stretched out.

-Doc

Message to : Doc Holliday
Subject: Open Declaration of War

You didn't read too far into my proposal, did you? I had already stated the obvious paradox in my suggestion. What I was specifying was an organized, military mobilization. I'm not referring to the random, unorganized Zoners that chose to position themselves near Port 11. I'm talking about an actual defense and strike team.

The Bounty Hunters have been reported to be raiding the Order while they try to fight the Keepers in Delta. The Order has started to withdraw their fleet from the Freeport as a result. Who do you think the Hunters will fight when all the Order leave? (Hint: Corsairs). We cannot rely on our allies to defend our station.

And with all due respect, Freeport 11 is the only Zoner station that has been nearly destroyed in the past however many months. It has been attacked repeatedly by Nomads (over three times now, I believe), so what else do we have to worry about? The Bowex? Red Hessians? Independent pirates like Green.Hawk? Sure, perhaps. But I do not recall any of them recently trying to bring down our Freeports with TWO battleships.

I plead with the Council. If we do not mobilize our forces and move strike teams into Iota, we'll be seeing the end of Freeport 11.
**Target Communications Relay: Found**
**Datalink connected...**

Hmm... Right, call me crazy, but word on the deck is that moving into Iota is a death sentence. To quote one Jinxish-Tate type, "Many a-fleet have simply... Disappeared there."

It looks like the ball's in their court, mate. Do we even know whats on the other side of that Jump Hole? Sure, if we can find enough pilots and crew who are crazy and stupid enough to go in there, then by all means. I mean, we're headed into the unknown, yeah? We'll need supply ships, warships, smaller craft (probably a carrier), a repair ship probably wouldn't hurt - and last time I checked, the last people who tried didn't come back too well, if at all. The supply carriers will be the prime target for the Nomads and God only knows how many of them there are on the other side.

In essence, they'd probably starve us out.

If you really think this could work - if you really have a plan, I might fancy meself involved in it, but as it stands, it sounds like bloody lunacy.

Paddy O'Donaghue,
Captain of the OSI-Lazarus

**Uplink terminated**
**Uplink reestablished**

Oh! And don't count on me flying to me death in the Lazarus! I'll commission for a bloody Gunboat before I see her turned to scrap.

**Uplink terminated**
Comm ID: RFS Freedom

The Freedom has been monitoring Freeport 11 and after moving towards it from our usual patrols of the other areas of Delta, are prepared to act in its defense.

Although the Bowex representative gave a reply to Mr. Holliday's diplomatic offer, we have yet to resolve that issue. Let us not digress lest we come back from our crusade against the Keepers to find BAF patrols around "Syndey".

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
***Incoming Transmission***
***Connection Established***

To: Zoner Council
Re: Bowex

Then I move to push forward the resolving of the Bowex issue as soon as possible so that we can put more attention to the Keeper threat. Has there been any communication with Bowex that hasnt been brought to the council's attention?

Regards,
Capt. Xavier Triton

***Connection terminated***
***Ending Transmission***
Message to : Paddy O'Donaghue
Subject: Keepers

You forgot to mention fighters and bomber classes.

If the Keeper stronghold is as fierce and mighty as you describe, we would have been decimated ages ago. Somebody has to take an offensive position and I would rather it not be the jellyfish.
COMM ID: William Ironfoot
TO: Council of Zoners

I agree that we need an urgent resolution of the issues with the Bretonians, so that we can put the whole planet "Sydney" thing to bed in the light of the Nomad threat I feel it is rapidly becoming trivial.

Then I beleive that we need to bang some heads together in the Omicrons and get an agreement from all of the other parties that are under threat from the Nomads and the Keepers. Explain to the BHG,Order and Corsairs that for the sake of humanity they need to put their tiresome differences aside for a change and unite against the common threat and join with us to hold human bases and settlements in the area and then in a second wave strike against the blue tide of aggression. There is an ancient Earth saying "The best form of defense is a good offense".

Over the last few days I have been increasing my patrols within the freeport 11 area, I have left all non-essential personal on Gran Canaria and have seriously overhauled my ships' offensive capabilities. I urge all response team members to do the same, we are a peaceful people however times dictate that we should now prepare for war!

[Image: Ironfoot-2.png]

This Captain Gordon Micheals of the OSI-Chrome.

Me and my crew are not that well armed, and our large transport train can be easily destroyed by the Nomads quite easily. We will not take part in any attack nor defense, since we are not capable of doing so. I believe there are also many other Zoners, just like us. Sure, we Zoners may have the most powerful ship ever made in Sirius, but the Juggernaut is few in numbers.

The Nomads cannot be defeated by sheer force, its takes skill. In 800 A.S., the Order base Toledo was attacked by a Nomad fleet consisting of multiple battleships, and hundreds of fighters. The order, considered to be some of the best pilots in sirius, still had to retreat in that battle, and commence their next attack, in which again, they did not defeat the nomads entirely, instead the alien artifact caused all the nomads to disappear in some other part of the galaxy.

The order, is not only a military faction, but many of their pilots are not only trained rigorously, they also have a lot of experiencing fighting a war on two fronts (one bounty hunter front and a nomad front). We Zoners, are not a military faction in the first place, niether do we have the ships or even the experience capable of mounting such as attack.

However, my crew does agree, Freeport 11 is too important of a trade center for the Zoners to lose. Losing freeport eleven could even bring the Zoners near an economic recession.

Freeport 11 must be defended more properly, with patrols around the clock. But to attack the Nomads, that should not be attempted at all. It would bring death and destruction to hundreds, maybe thousands of Zoners, and we would need to redirect more resources to healing our wounds.

My crew and I voted that the defense of Freeport 11 should be increased, but we don't want a military force attack Omicron Iota.

Thank you for your kind attention,
Captain Gordon Micheals and the crew of the OSI-Chrome