Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: All Delegates

On the Bowex front, I will continue with that. We decided on a delegation for this so we'll need a couple of delegates to join me on that one. Even if just one other is there, that will be sufficient. I would like it to be someone who can provide security.

On Freeport 11, defense of the base is fine but as many others agree, going into Omicron Iota is a suicide mission. I'll see what TAZ ships are there or can be there and act accordingly. Like I said before, I don't want to leave our other facilities left vulnerable due to the Nomad threat.

-Doc
**Target Communications Relay: Found**
**Datalink connected...**
Quote:You forgot to mention fighters and bomber classes.

If the Keeper stronghold is as fierce and mighty as you describe, we would have been decimated ages ago. Somebody has to take an offensive position and I would rather it not be the jellyfish.
Aye, thats what I meant when I said smaller craft and a carrier. I doubt they have a very high suvivability in a hostile and unknown environment, and they'd need a place to dock and repair - hence the carrier.

Paddy O'Donaghue,
Captain of the OSI-Lazarus

**Uplink terminated**
--Incoming Transmission--
--ID: Rashida--

Rashida sits in her oversized bridge chair, her attire a mess, with a bottle in one hand, "Yeah, yeah, get on wi' it. I best send it now when I remembers it...wazzat? It's runnin'? Oh, I see..."

She leans back and rubs her eyes, "Uhm...yeah...let's try an' make dis quick, afore I forgets what I was gonna say...

"Right. First, dem Bowex people movin' refugees ta Canaria. Now, I mesel' dun' 'ave anyfin' against 'em doin' dat, 'slong as dey 'members dat unless da people dey's bringin' in is 'elpin' wi' da upkeep o' da planet, we's unable ta support 'em. See, most people as comes ta live on a 'Port comes o' dere own choice, an be's quite 'appy ta gainfully employ demselves, even ifn it means supportin' dere one-time enemies. Dese refugee peeps is comin', not o' dere own choice, but 'coz Bowex wants ta bring 'em. Like as not, dey's not Zonas at 'eart, but dey's gonna 'avta accept dat livin' on a 'Port, ya gotta accept contact wi' people ya might not usul'y come inta contact wi', or e'en chose ta come inta contact wi'. Now, as fer da fear o' 'Tonia takin' over da system, I believes it ta be unfounded. Can ya imagine da trouble dey'd 'ave in supplyin' an' patrolin' it? Wi' Mollys in Dublin, 'Sairs in four'ee nine an' even da Co'lishun threatenin' fiftee, dere supply line'sd be unner constant freat, an' dey'd not be able ta re-deploy enuff stuff from da Kusari front ta secure 'em. We wouldn' 'avta raise an 'and, even.

"Next up, lookin' deeper out at da Nomad menace." she sighs and looks at the ceiling for a few moments before continuing, "Now, I dun' fink it's act'ly such a big deal. Sure, Nomads is attackin' us, but when 'ave dey not been? May'aps we loses da odd battle, an' trust me, I's grievin' fer our lost 's much as da next gal. But, I dun' fink we should be da ones ta take da fight to 'em. No doubt we could invade dere 'ome system an' squish alla dere bases. We 'as da materials, an' we prob'ly 'as da people willin' ta do it. But fink where dat leaves us afterwards. Our fleet is primarily a deterrent. No one, prob'ly not e'en us, knows what we 'as out dere, from warships ta fighters, an' even ta retrofitted transports, an' dis is one o' our main strengths. Ta squander dat strength hastily 'd be foolish. Instead, we can approach dem as already fights wi' dese creatures. Order, 'Unters an' Corsairs already 'ave reason ta oppose any Nomads attackin' us, an' we already 'as offers o' aid from most o' dese parties. I's finkin' a good way ta approach dis is ta convince da Order ta stop opposin' da Guild's search fer Nomad tech, at least whilst da primary instigators o' dis attack are identified an' neutralised. Dis way, dey 'as less reason ta fight each uvver, an' can form a united front ag'in da real threat.

"Gah, an' it was gonna be short...damnit, I needs me some sleep. Uhh, I fink da last glass was one too many...or was it da one afore dat?..."

--Transmission Ends--
' Wrote:Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: All Delegates

On the Bowex front, I will continue with that. We decided on a delegation for this so we'll need a couple of delegates to join me on that one. Even if just one other is there, that will be sufficient. I would like it to be someone who can provide security.

-Doc

The White Knight exploration craft is available to accompany you if required Doc.

[Image: Ironfoot-2.png]

This is a bloody outrage! Them worthless sacks'a haggis who call themselves the OPG blew the Lazarus out of the sky after I paid their bloody 'donation'! I regret to report that I didn't get any photo evidence of me ship blowing up, but I'm afraid the [censored] laws of physics don't bend for li'lle old me! Being the low man on the totem pole I don't think I'm in any bloody position to take care of this, so I'm asking me fellow Zoners what the double duece I should do!

[Image: screen241.jpg]

[Image: wtf237.jpg]

[Image: wtf242.jpg]

[Image: screen238.jpg]

[Image: screen239.jpg]

[Image: screen240d.jpg]

Followed by the sound of me bloody cabin sucking me outta me seat! I only thought after I was being toated in by an unknown force, trying not to get me innards baked in by the Neutron Star that I was only 6.8K away from Freeport 5!

So what, O wise'uns, should I do? It's like a bloody vagabond filing charges against a company he doesn't even work in - in a country whose language he doesn't speak! I'm in no position to do this.

... Or am I? Maybe I'm used to the bureacracy of Leeds. Help!

Paddy O'Donaghue,
EX-Captain of the OSI-Lazarus

**Uplink terminated**
**Uplink reestablished**

Not to mention the seven million in cargo I lost! I lost eight million to those swindling blaggarts! I have two homes I need to worry about protecting from me old Imperialist House and now the Squids, and these buffoons are cheatin' me out of millions!

I'd very much like not to take this to any higher powers, so a simple mortal solution would be lovely. Like a *grumble* refund and a new bloody ship.

**Uplink Terminated**

// Resizing done
*** incomming transmission ***
ID: Reisiger Duke

Hm... a quick examination of the presentet communication log gives away the following:

1. The captain of he Lazarus transferred the money to what apears to be a... split personality?... of said OPG?
2. The OPG in question was a tad trigger happy... no OSI vessel would refuse an OPG 'donation' when asked 'nicely'... we're not suicidal...

So... twice a misunderstanding?

*** transmission terminated ***
There's a difference between [OPG-M]Vilkas. and [OPG-M]Vilkas

Hope that clears things up

-Jonah Robinson

Bugger! That bloody sack of rotten goat skin! I even told him perhaps it was sent to another of his bank accounts or some such (But I definitely sent it, says I!). It seems I must be more observant the next time some loon who slaughter's me Motherland's language is firing off Antimatter at me. Barely spoke a word of it... *grumble* And who does that? "Aye, one bank account under Vilkas, but I'd like me business account to be under Vilkas DOT."

Waste of bloody life!

<strike>Let him be assured thats the last time I feed his miserable rat-scrounging people!</strike>
Maybe not... We'll see. What a fluke! *mumble* Idiot...

Paddy O'Donaghue,
Captain of the Shuttle from Freeport 5 until we reach 11.

**Uplink Terminated**
***Incoming Transmission***
***Connection Established***

To: Zoner Council
Re: O'Donaghue got grifted.

Greetings delegates, I can see how you have been scammed by this Vilkas, Paddy, If someone has the exact same name as another, it can either be someone who is in kahoots with another or that exact same person in a different ship. If this OPG member did not do his due diligence to either check his other ship's neural net or make a pm to whoever shares his name then I think he needs to be slapped around some. This said there is not much that can done except putting out a bounty. Not that I condone personal grudge quests *shifty eyes*.....damnit why did I have to say that out load..!..END TRANSMISSION!

Regards,
Capt. Xavier Triton

***Connection terminated***
***Ending Transmission***
**Incoming Transmission**

Greetings fellow delegates

I would just like apologize for me recent absence for I have been around and bout to see some contacts regarding information about the Wild... which has to do with a personal issue...
We are currently stocking up to set sail back to O49, so we should be there soon enough.

As much as I want to agree with idea to lunch an attack on the Nomads, I honestly believe it will probably do us more harm than good. As Zoners we have quite a few military ships floating around. But these are too far split apart. Since every zoner is independent, to build up an organized miltary force would just take too long. Besides that, even if we do mange it, we will never be able to gather a force strong enough to take on the Nomads. Probably 80% of Zoners are traders, which will be of no help to this offensive plan. And it are these traders that should rather be protected instead of throwing the little we have at an unknown and overly powerful force.

I am all for the protection of our stations, Freeport 11 most of all, but once again to have a powerful defense there will require us to organize a miltary force which brings us back to the same problem.

If, and ONLY if, such a force can be 'properly' organized, and the numbers and skill are efficient enough to make a difference in such an operation, then you will find my Destroyer along side my brothers and sisters, to be the shield of Sirius against the Nomad pest.

Until then, we deal with matters which we can currently manage like this silly Bowex-Sydney crap.

Doc Holiday, feel free to contact me if you need the services of my ship to help with this little issue, and I will let you know as soon as I reach Gran Canaria.

A very pleasant day to you all.

**Transmission Ends**

**Transmission Reestablished**

P.S. I might be a bit delayed. Need to stop along the way for some smokes and milk, and Igor has been whining endlessly for a new tazer to torture his pet gnome with so we might need to pick up one of those too, or else he will never shut up.

**Transmission Ends**