Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*incoming transmission*
*source:522nd HQ*
The 522nd has no desire to attack rheinland. We have had no reason to in the past, and have none now.

*comms closed*
' Wrote:*incoming transmission*
*source:522nd HQ*
The 522nd has no desire to attack rheinland. We have had no reason to in the past, and have none now.

*comms closed*

Comm ID: Discordia, Chairglobe

*So far, we seem to have an affirmative vote on the motion. Any dissenting votes?

*I do however agree with Madame Tate that more information on the 522nd's raison d'etre would be beneficial in deciding if we should allow them permanent residence at Freeport 10 or elsewhere.

*Speak up, Council members. Let's continue the vote and conclude the matter of temporary asylum in 49.*
The Trader's Guild will be withholding its vote until more information is provided from 522nd forces regarding their diplomacy and intentions in Zoner space.

Furthermore, we will vote against offering asylum to a group that may be antagonistic to any of our major business partners.

If associating with 522nd is going to put us at odds with corsair/outcast or any House government (notably Liberty) we will vote against them.

Prove they do not violate our neutrality and we will give our vote.
Comm ID: Donovan Markey
Source: Hampton Roads
Target: Zoner Council

We have no untoward plans to any House at this time. Several of our scouts in the upper Omicrons have not returned, though, and we fear there may be a militant presence there that demands our attention. Attached you will find a file stating our diplomatic stance with the various known groups by faction.

Donovan out.

Attached File:

Liberty: Hostile
Rheinland: Untrusted
Kusari: Unknown
Bretonia: Friendly-neutral as of last contact
Outcasts and allies: Neutral
Corsairs and allies: Untrusted
Junkers: Neutral
GMG: Unknown
Kusari pirates: Unknown
Xenos: Neutral
Liberty pirates: Neutral
Rheinland pirates: neutral
Harvesters: Neutral
Hunters: Unfriendly

End of File
Hostile with liberty...

If you seek asylum in Zoner space to avoid Liberty forces, then you may have our vote of confidence. If you plan to use our bases to launch attacks against Liberty, then we will actively work to deny you access.

Whatever your reasons for fleeing Liberty and your current situation, the Trader's Guild cares only for its economic interests. Prove you do not threaten them and we can work together.
*Transmission from 522nd HQ*
The 522nd currently has no plans to violate zoner neutrality by using your system as a base. we are merely trying to survive, when our homeland has cast us out.

*end transmission*
**Incoming Transmission**
**Priority - HIGH**

Topic: Omega 49, Change of Conduct of the JG, New Diplomat

To: The Council of Zoners

Greetings!

As you might have notice, our old diplomat Pim has retired from his position and I have raised my hand to take over his place. If you have any concerns regarding the conduct of the Guild, then please send all inquiries/concerns to me.

BUT this is not why I stand before you today. I stand before you today in order to deliver some valuable information. This information is in regard to the JG's conduct.

I have outlined the changes here for you all to see and critique if need be.

Another matter I must bring to the table is the possibility of the JG owning Omega 49. We have heavy defensive posts set up there as it is, and have more to come (We are moving all ships to be stationed within Omega 49, converting Cap Ships to Zoner Ships etc).

It may come as shock, but we are getting off our butts and making a difference here. We want a better life for the Zoner community, we want more freedom and more prosperity!

I look forward to your responses,

Kind regards,

Shimmer, JG Council Member

**End Transmission**
--In regards of the 522nd situation, the Trader's Guild votes in favour of allowing them temporary asylum in Zoner systems and bases.

--In regards to the Juipter Guild, we are strongly against any group, even a zoner faction, from "owning" omega 49. Many zoners call Gran Canaria home, including some Trader's Guild members.

We stand by the independence of the system and most especially the economic freedoms. Considering your rather strong ties to the Corsairs, you may jepordize our relations with the Bounty Hunters, who have a base of operations there.
Also, there are more than Jupiter Guild forces defending Gran Canaria, because many Zoners stand ready to fight in its defence, the Trader's Guild included. We would resent it "belonging" to anyone but the Zoner people as a whole.

We hold nothing against you and hope to have good relations with you in the future but our stance regarding ownership of Omega 49 is clear.
Communication link received...
Sender: Lloyd Black
Opening link...

Moreno, you forget that we already have the Corsairs there specifically for defense - how would the Jupiter Guild's presence there jeopardize our relations with the Bounty Hunters Guild any more than the situation we already have?

I'm not supporting them owning Omega-49 either, but let's think about all the details before making an uninformed comment.

But I think we should put that topic on hold until we get this 522nd situation out of the way.

Link terminated.
to: council

"i daresay the omega-49 is independent and no further protection deals need to be done. ( or in other words, its not for sale ).... omega-49 and gran canaria is a safe heaven for zoners. it is the ONLY planet that our colonization succeeded in a far away place away from the eyes of the inner sphere.

this system will not be goverened by ANYONE but freely elected zoners of the planetary goverment. it is a civilian planet and will never be ruled by any military or para military group. - so i would abandon your plans to gain more influence in omega-49.

The JG has been beneficial for the zoners in the past, but not enough to entrust them with the goverment of this piece of paradies.

E.Tate out"