Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:: Incoming Transmission ::
Com ID: Reisiger Duke
Subject: Treaties with Liberty and Bretonia, Resigning from the Council

Dear members of the Council

I vote both times Yay for the treaties in question.

Now I'd like to address two issues which I consider to be harming this council a lot:

The 1st is the rather shameful behaviour - which seems to repeat itself over and over in this chamber - to say nothing during the writing of a contract, policy or any negotiation, and later on go and shout around about foul play!

I'd like to remind all delegates that any change in the writing, any suggestions or concerns should have been made before the negotiations got to the point of all sides agreeing that the treaty drafts would be acceptable and thus put up for a vote.

If you choose to only participate by voting without influencing the writing of what you vote on... you'll get what you deserve.

Now, the 2nd issue is that of the aggressive stance some individuals in this Council have taken. Those I'd like to remind that while you may be in command of a Juggernaut, most Zoners are not. Any trouble you stir up will not only affect you, but everyone else.

Now with those things said, myself and the rest of the Duke family will take their leave from the Council of Zoners, but our vessels will still be responding to ZRT alerts.

Kind Regards
Reisiger Duke
' Wrote::: Incoming Transmission ::

Now I'd like to address two issues which I consider to be harming this council a lot:

The 1st is the rather shameful behaviour - which seems to repeat itself over and over in this chamber - to say nothing during the writing of a contract, policy or any negotiation, and later on go and shout around about foul play!

I'd like to remind all delegates that any change in the writing, any suggestions or concerns should have been made before the negotiations got to the point of all sides agreeing that the treaty drafts would be acceptable and thus put up for a vote.

If you choose to only participate by voting without influencing the writing of what you vote on... you'll get what you deserve.
Now, the 2nd issue is that of the aggressive stance some individuals in this Council have taken. Those I'd like to remind that while you may be in command of a Juggernaut, most Zoners are not. Any trouble you stir up will not only affect you, but everyone else.
Now with those things said, myself and the rest of the Duke family will take their leave from the Council of Zoners, but our vessels will still be responding to ZRT alerts.

Kind Regards
Reisiger Duke

Err.... voting on an issue only to promptly leave?
That's not entirely fair.

As Mr. Duke is no longer a member of this Council we hereby move to have his vote nullified, since only the votes of members of this Council should count.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient(s): Jonah Robinson

That's not a decision you have the right to make Delegate Robinson. Since he made his vote prior to his resignation, it stands, and no policies were broken by him.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
ID: Nathen Laymen.

i vote yes for both treaties.

End of message.
[Image: jaap.png]
Comm ID: W.Dumentris

::starting Message::

delegates,

please be reasonable, the sooner we finish
this voting the better, and be honest
do we want a prosper future or one with
lots of problems?

therefore we vote Yes on both treaties
for a future even our grandchildren can live with

signed W.Dumentris
' Wrote::: Incoming Transmission ::

Kind Regards
Reisiger Duke

**Incoming Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

Cut the 'some individuals' crap. We and everyone else all know you're referring to me, so there's no use masking your comment with indirect language. Speak with anyone who's ever flown with me, they'll tell you I'm always very cautious when it comes to deciding when to settle matters by force. I'm usually the one trying to calm the situation down.

But I can not stand idly by and watch as our council gives away our sovereignty and places our neutrality in peril! Can't you see that this is going to come back and bite us in the rear? I can't believe we're even entertaining the ideas contained in these motions let alone actually voting to pass them.

Furthermore, some of us Zoner Guards actually..you know...guard. So for the few motions that are actually discussed in the council Channels, rather than being suddenly dumped here and put to vote as has often been the case recently, forgive me if I don't have time to wipe up every poopy idea that comes out of a motion author's mind and gets put down on paper. Also the very idea that we're not supposed to point out obvious problems or concerns in items that are being voted on during the vote is absurd. The very point of the vote is to ask if the new rule is okay with the rest of the council, and the rest of the council has the chance to say yes or no, and here's why.

So with that in mind, don't let the door hit you in the behind on your way out, Mr. Duke.

**Transmission ends**
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

Trogdor, if I'm correct you aren't the individual, or individuals in fact, that Mr. Duke was referring to. So please don't increase tensions or cause arguments here.

And to what Mr. Duke said, we in the SHIZL are already making plans on what to do with the aforementions individuals harming the Council. That issue will be dealt with immediately after the election of the next chairperson, and that election will be held immediately after this vote.

Twenty-three hours left to vote.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
Comm ID: Mirko von der Lippe
Subject: Treaties with Liberty and Bretonia

I vote Yay on both treaties

~Mirko von der Lippe
*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: All Delegates

Ms. Silvan, you are doing a fine job as Chairperson for the council.
As for the rest of you, I've been convalescing due to a recent bout with pneumonia and as much as I am a doctor, my OWN staff has ordered me to bed rest while it clears up as it was enhanced by a hard work load.

While here, some of my own Temporary Autonomous Zoners visited me and we did some talking. They pointed out that they already left the Council for a variety of reasons. All have wanted TAZ to pull out altogether. I feel that I have done my best doing a job that was handed to me out-of-the-blue one day. While some feel that my time recently negotiating with Sir Andrew Stuart was wasted time, I "wasted" that time in an effort to benefit all Zoners. Sadly, this didn't happen as my efforts were sabotaged.

So, at the urging of my fellow TAZ's, the Temporary Autonomous Zoners, effective immediately, are leaving the Council. We feel we need to maintain our own faction. We will still be friends with all Zoners and even maintain patrols and security in the Taus but will not get involved with Council issues.
This also means that effective immediately, I resign as Chairman. It was an honor to serve but I'm a Doctor and I want to continue my work there first and foremost.

*hands the gavel to Aurelia Silvan*

As Ms. Silvan has been acting chair, I think she will do just fine. My best advice to the rest of you is to respect her work and not take matters into your own hands.

Lastly, you will still me my transport working off of Gran Canaria while I maintain my home there and continue with my work. See you all in space.

Yours in Eris,
Dr. John Henry Holliday
Comm ID: Malcolm Reynolds
Subject: Treaty vote

I still don't really like the wording of the Britonia contract, But I'm not going to stand in it's way after the work that went into it. I would however still like to see it amended at a later date.

Liberty: Yea
Britonia: Abstain

Signed,
Secratary Reynolds, COZ