Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
to: the council

"new business opportunities do wait for us - ready to be taken. but we should not just rush in and harvest... we should establish solid ties with the new economy. - we worked hard to be where we are today in sirius - and a new discovery of space must not upset it.

i say, we must explore first - but with decency and diplomacy. - we should offer our services to the new factions and point out how much is there to gain by working with us. - we must increase our influence. - maybe trade might not be the best at the beginning, but building up trust ..... and dependencies..... will pay off.

we should embrace our new neighbours with open arms - but should also point out that it doesn t take much from an embrace to crushing someone. we should also fuel the old conflicts in the newly discovered space - as well as maybe initiate new ones.

profits from conflicts are easy to influene and to manipulate - and they gain a life of their own after just a short time.

of course - the word of the goddess might be spread into gallia, too for all we know is that there are ignorant people unknowing of the wisdom.

i have done some expeditions, - but will now hold back exploring further - we must advance in unity - how easily a first contact can determine the process in the future.

E.Tate"
Comm ID: J.Archer,
Chairman of the Zoner Council.

Subject: "new" diplomacy and CoU request,

Brothers,sisters and council delegates,

it has taken some time adjusting my new scanners and powercore
but that has been done now,

there are rumors that the Royal Navy of the recently discovered house,
named Gallia, is or better say was planning an full scale war with the rest of the houses, but that are rumors,

the council there seems to be reasonable people, but diplomacy takes lots of time, be patient while "dicovering" this house systems,

now the request of the Council of unioners,

I'm going to open an vote for that,

vote yay for allowing them to buy our Gunboats under heavy regulations,

or Nay for not allowing them the use of our gunboats,

-VOTING DEADLINE-

Sunday 15 march 20.00/ 8pm GMT

thanks for your attention,

J.Archer

**Incoming Transmission**

To:Corinth Station, council of zoners,
From Samuel Nichols - CEO Omicron Supply Industries

Message reads:

Coucil Members,

I vote Yay

I have no issue with the Unioners, so if we want to sell them some of our new gunboats, with restricions ofcourse, then I am fine with that.

As for Galla I see I need to cancel the trade routs I have planned in light of several suggestions. I will inform my people.

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**
For the Unioners, I vote yay; it's good for business.

Just don't let any of us ever, ever catch them using one of our own gunboats to pirate a Zoner.

-Jonah Robinson
Communication link received...
Sender: Lloyd Black
To: Council of Zoners
Subject: Unioner Gunboats
Opening link...

Here's how I see the gunboat issue.

Good:
1. We make money off each gunboat sale.
2. If they decide to be incredibly stupid and try to rob us with our own ships... we built them, we can destroy them.

Bad:

... I don't see any problems. If someone they rob starts crying about it, too bad. We can't be held responsible for what people do after we sell them something.

I vote yes. Black out.

Link terminated. Closing...
to: the council

"about the unioners attempting to purchase the gunboat. - thats what its for... its for selling. so i vote *yay*. i don t think we need to remind them that there will be a reckoning when they ambush one of our own with it. they know that retribution would come swiftly.

E.Tate"
-Incoming Transmission-

Source: Freeport 6, Tau 29
Sender: Ivan Ilyich, armoured transport Delta 7
Destination: Council of Zoners
Encryption: Level 2

As I am new to the COZ I will not say too much. I do not see anything threatening or unzoner in the sale of our gunboats to unioners under the terms they have offered. Therefore I vote in favour of the sale.

Another matter regarding recent events; the Nomad and Wilde threat. I don't feel there is need for alarm as of yet, but I believe they are on the rise. The nomads seem to have become stronger, and the Wilde keep spreading farther and farther. The Order appear to be under increasing pressure from the BHG, and with every house now at war (save the newly discovered one, of which little concrete information is available), eyes may be turned elsewhere.
While I do not think anybody will ignore the Nomads and Wilde, those actively fighting them are going to be stretched more thinly than before. Again I am relatively new here, and may not have the whole picture. My thoughts are simply that we must be more vigilant than ever in the Edge Worlds.

-End Transmission-

[font=System]From: Zoners Trading Consortium
To: Council of Zoners
Topic: voting on the gunboat sell

[font=Palatino Linotype]
Dear Delegates,

Although we treat the free and unrestricted trade as one of the highest values, I would like to point out one of my doubts in this matter. Of course we don't have to be afraid of the direct pirating threat from the Unioners - one doesn't attack his own ship provider, this would be against all logic. In my opinion the real dilemma lies somewhere else:

From the political point of view, every contract signed with a particular faction brings us closer to them and their allies, and at the same time, may leverage on worsening our political relations with their enemies.

Citing after the neural net: "The Unioners are a terorist group composed of dispossesed Rheinland shipyard workers who engage in brutal reprisals chiefly against Republican Shipping.". They are described not to have any allies, whereas their enemies are numerous: Republican Shipping, Rheinland police and military, BHG and Xenos. As a representant of a corporate, commercial trading company, I must say I have serious doubts as to tightening bindings with a faction which is perceived to be terrorists by the lawful world, and which seams to be quite strongly ideologically positioned against the capitalistic model of economy. I would not like to be refused by the Rheinland Police to pass through the system one day, because of being perceived as the "Unioners arms provider".

Taking the abovementioned into account, I would very appreciate if someone (e.g. a representant of the Unioners) could clear my doubts. Otherwise it will be hard for me to put my sign under this kind of transaction.

Best regards,
Werner Mazursky
CEO, board member
Zoners Trading Consortium
Comm ID Kara Kikatsu

Hmm

Well I vote yay, however I believe that the amount we give them should be limited, as we should not be known as arms dealers.

Also I wish to congradulate the contracters who designed our new transport, I have recently aquired one and I am impressed. This ship is excilent for the longer voyages out to our distant Freeports.

END
As the saying goes, "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter".

Regardless, I have reservations on selling even a limited amount of gunboats to a faction, whose actions may reflect poorly upon us. Aiding and abetting and all that.

The gunboats are distinctly Zoner in design and essence, and may even develop an iconic status over time. No need to endanger our reputation by entering into such a purchase.

Maybe some unlawful faction would be more receptive to their overtures.

I say "no" to selling our gunboats to the Unioners.

Elias Elonen signing off.